Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Happening...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Clontarf promenade is being turned into
    an open air art gallery this Sunday.
    (9th November 08.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Windsurfing World Cup - takes place in Dungarvan from 29th November to 6th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Diecast Model Show
    Sunday 16th November from 12pm
    at kilbehenny community centre
    (located on the n8 five miles from mitchelstown) large selection of agricultural and construction dioramas to be seen.
    All proceeds from admission charge will be donated to the Irish Cancer Society
    for further information please contact kevin on 086 8359790 kilbehenny community centre ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Sunday Nov. 16th at the Annebrook House Hotel, Pearse Street, Mullingar.

The competition will run from around 10am until approx. 4pm that evening. There's a 5 euro cover charge. There will also be a presentation by acclaimed photographer Judy Boyle. Judges will also critique photos from each panel in the afternoon, so all in all it should be an interesting day out!

The programme for Sunday is as follows:

10.00 am Judging

10.30 am IPF National Council Meeting

10.30 am Lecture: Judy Boyle FIPF, FRPS, AFIAP. Acclaimed photographer Judy Boyle will show her Distinction images together with national and international award winning images.

12.30 pm Lunch and Bring & Buy Sale

1.45.pm Judges Comments & Presentation of Awards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

kensutz wrote: »
    Windsurfing World Cup - takes place in Dungarvan from 29th November to 6th December.

might be down for the 6 for that. I won't be around the previous weekend.

Should be an interesting event.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its a good bit away yet, but heard on the radio today that Skyfest this year is in Waterford (last year it was the rock of cashel).

Punchestown Racecourse

2 day Winter Fest. Short Notice!! Starting Tomorrow Sat. 15th.

To start the festive season in style, the lighting of the Docklands Christmas tree complete with 2,000 LED lights, at the chq building in the heart of the IFSC will be carried out by Councillor Eibhlin Byrne, Lord Mayor of Dublin on Sunday 16th November at 5.30pm.

12 days of Christmas Market at George’s Dock, IFSC, Docklands, Dublin 2
    12th December – 23rd December 12pm -8pm

World food & gift stalls, Street performers, Carousel, , face painting and Santa.
    Looks like some photo op's here!

http://www.dublindocklands.ie/12daysofchristmas/index.jsp?p=0&n=504&a=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

We could possibly get a meet together for one of those dates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

G.A.A celebrates its 125th anniversary on 10th of May 2009 with events on in every G.A.A club so plenty of oppertunity for photograps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Kilkenny Cat Laughs Festival 28 May - 1 June 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭nilhg

Military Vehicle Show, Curragh racecourse 10th May

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Drogheda Photo Walk - Sun 10th around 11am.
    More details here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Dunderry Fair next Sunday - worth a visit.
    http://www.dunderryfair.ie/

Bike Fest '09 5-7 June in the Glen Eagle in Killarney

Clancy Brothers Festival in Carrick on Suir 12 - 14 June 2009.

Also so the Carrick Camera club have an exhibition in the Strand Theatre and I'll have 3 prints hanging there.

Spraoi Two weekends this year in July

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I've missed Spraoi already twice. I hope to get down this year.

• Advertisement

Taste of Dublin Festival they're back for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Prodrift Punchestown - May 30/31st
    prodrift.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

15 mile rowing race, mix of traditional rowing boats and some kayaks in Cork harbour on 30th May. Starts RCYC Crosshaven at 16:00, row out to Roches point turn and head for Lapps Quay finish line, via Cobh.

Further details http://www.oceantocity.com

I've setup a Flickr group here if you have shots of event would love to see them.

Prodrift Punchestown - May 30/31st

I'm at it

FBD Ras finishes a stage in Skerries tomorrow if anyone is interested. I will not be there as I have far too much on my plate at the moment.

Sat Sun of June bank holiday weekend.

Lots of good stuff, windsurfing, kitesurfing, races between windsurfers and kitesurfers, freestyle kitesurfing if we have enough wind and the usual fun we had last year.

I'll post a schedule when I have some version although as usual, it's weather dependent.

Is running in Galway for the next two weeks. There will be kite/wind surfing displays and there are harbour races for the ocean boats as well. I can't make it but in case anyone is interested I figured I'd mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Calina wrote: »
    FBD Ras finishes a stage in Skerries tomorrow if anyone is interested. I will not be there as I have far too much on my plate at the moment.

Ant idea what time they are leaving Clara at tomorrow morning. Their site is kina sketchy on the details. I'm gonna try catch them in Trim.

Not a clue. I was in Skerries this evening being a lousy FAIL photographer and saw a couple of posters, that's why I mentioned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Just found this for the RAS in the Drogheda Independent for tomorrows stages :

This final stage on Sunday takes the riders back through the North East, departing Clara in Co Offaly at noon and passing through Rochfordbridge (12.26), Kinnegad (12.46), Killyon (12.58), Patrick Street, Trim ( 1.20), Dunsany ( 1.33), Dunshaughlin (1.45), Ratoath ( 1.50), Curraha ( 1.56), Garristown ( 2.05), Naul (2.16), Balrothery (2.26) and Cross of the Cage (first passing) at 2.30.
    At this point the race enters the finishing circuit and passes through the finish line at Strand Street in Skerries at 2.39 and for the final time will reach the finish line at 3.15.

Advertisement