Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Crest

• 21-05-2009 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello All

I was wondering if someone could help me I need a psd or eps vector file of the GAA crest. Attached is a photo of the one i am looking for. We are getting a rock sandblasted for the club and the designer has asked for this. Thanks in advance.

http://yfrog.com/0xcrestj
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JulesInKy

I have it in eps. pm me your email and I'll get it to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

0001b533189r.jpg

Yes, I know the GAA have released a new crest but the image sample that the op requested showed the old one.

The GAA are reluctant to release the new one even to clubs. I asked them for it for our club website and apparently this isn't allowed under their terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 breffiniman

Thanks Jules its the old one im looking for. Did you get my pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lob her in lad

anybody looking for the new GAAcrest pm me and I will send it on, warning though it is only at 72dpi and I have it in .gif and .jpg but anybody with some decent level of of illustrator can easily convert it into .eps, it may be of no use to anyone but maybe it is, check it out here http://www.oisinclg.com (it is an embedded jpeg here but i have it as a seperate psd for anyone who wants it),

regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

JulesInKy wrote: »
    The GAA are reluctant to release the new one even to clubs. I asked them for it for our club website and apparently this isn't allowed under their terms.

Seems a bit silly. Can't say I'm surprised by it though. You'd think they;d happily give it out to clubs looking to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lob her in lad

joey54 wrote: »
    Seems a bit silly. Can't say I'm surprised by it though. You'd think they;d happily give it out to clubs looking to use it.
    That is very true. I was under the impression that the GAA was an organisation for everyone but this refusal to offer the symbol of our organisation is a bit odd but what do I know??

I am in total agreement. They commissioned the new crest and logo so that they could standardise the branding of the association globally but the restriction on clubs using the cross is just thumbing their noses at the whole ethos of the organisation.

From the GAA website:
    The crest element, which reflects the history and heritage of the Association, will be reserved for members and administration from clubs through to Croke Park.

I had to phone Croke Park earlier this year to ask for a copy of the new crest which I wanted to use for certificates for Lá na gClub which is when I was told we couldn't get it for that purpose or to use it on our website. All they would send me was the 125 anniversary logo and the GAA logo.

It's also impossible to get a decent graphic of county crests for club use yet there are so many private enterprises out there making a profit even on non-official merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GER_MC1

JulesInKy wrote: »
    I have it in eps. pm me your email and I'll get it to ya.

Can i get a copy of that Crest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tosulliva

Does anyone have a .eps or .pdf photo of croke park? I am trying to sort an A1 poster for my wedding reception table plan.. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭swimgal

Anyone know where I'd find a vector / eps file for the Waterford GLC crest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

sorry to drag up an old thread - looking for an eps version of kildare gaa logo if anyone has one

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

Pm'd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Pm'd

Thanks for that

Advertisement