Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

• 27-08-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Saw a promo for this new show that starts in the states next wednesday. If the cast is anything to go by it should be awesome - Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) takes the lead with Katey Sagal (Married with Children, 8 Simple Rules, Futurama), Ron Perlman (Hellboy) and Drea de Matteo (The Sopranos, Joey) as supporting cast. Sprauge Grayden (Jericho) is also listed as a cast member, but possibly in a smaller role.
    Here's the promo anyway;

Think it will be any good?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hmm..... Looks interesting, same writer/producer as 'The Shield' and it's got Ron Perlman in it!

Thanks for the heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looks good.
    MisterAnarchy might get a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Anyone watch this yet? I thought it was decent enough but it could end up like the black donnellys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

FX has decided to keep the motor of its new bad-boy biker drama Sons of Anarchy running for a second season.

The Fox 21- and FX-produced series received a 13-episode second season order Monday after only the first five episodes of its current run. During those five weeks, the newbie drama has averaged 5.4 million viewers weekly and 3.5 million adults 18-49, making it FX's most successful series since Rescue Me.

The show's success is no doubt a relief to the FX execs who are soon bidding adieu to the The Shield, the series that put the network's original programming on the map. “It’s incredibly gratifying to everyone at FX [that The Shield's] audience has embraced Sons of Anarchy and made it a success," John Landgraf, president and general Manager of FX Networks, said in a statement.

The remaining eight episodes of Son of Anarchy's first season air each Wednesday night at 10 pm/ET until Nov. 26.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i think its good, i dunno seems an unusual story,but then i guess, crim that wants to turn good isn't that original, but be interesting to see what happened to his father and how they put an end to his vision for the club, amazing to see the proper meaning of the word anarchy get a showing on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

It's OK.Ron Perlman and Katey Sagal are excellent but the rest of the cast are fairly weak. The lead guy and Adrianna from The Sopranos are particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kelator

Ye seen 1st 5 episodes, and while i enjoyed the show overall, didnt think much of the lead actor

when is this set? what years? cos theres an irish gunrunners ep and when asked about the war, they say its going stonrg and steady,...i mean they could be dissidents but they might mention the end of the ira.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Watching this show now, love it.

The IRA link was a stupid mistake, they obviously don't watch the news. Maybe they could say their the real IRA but the character was a typical "top o' the morning to ya" paddy. Love the rest of the cast.

Has it been picked up by any UK / Ireland channels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

JP Liz wrote: »
    Has it been picked up by any UK / Ireland channels?

I guess FX have the UK rights. Don't know about Ireland. Maybe if RTE need something to fill that lucrative 01:40 to 02:35 segment :rolleyes: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

:eek: :D;)

re up for second season in sept 2009 :/

Coming to Bravo in June

did anyone know this was all based on macbeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

If I had ever read Macbeth, I might have twigged ;) !

I think its based more on Hamlet

Star Ron Perlman has said, "I'm sure they’re going to stick to the structure of Hamlet all the way to the end" of the series

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just finished season 1, awesome show.

JP Liz wrote: »
    I think its based more on Hamlet

Star Ron Perlman has said, "I'm sure they’re going to stick to the structure of Hamlet all the way to the end" of the series

hamlets thats what i meant obviously i've never read either, king lear my year :)

when is it back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

this has started showing on Bravo since last week..

• Advertisement

Jax Teller got it on with Mayor Tommy Carcetti from the Wire in Queer as Folk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4P1QmGecB8

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

mart_max wrote: »
    this has started showing on Bravo since last week..
    Yeah, caught the first episode last week. I'd hope it gets better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

So I take it this is actually decent then?

I thought it's "I'm 'ard" style didnt appeal to me, but if it's actually decent then I might give the pilot a watch with a modicum of tolerance and see how it goes. I need something to console myself since Life was cancelled and this could be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I found it decent enough, there was a bit of the tough guy stuff going on but it wasn't in your face and there's the potential for some interesting side stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I got the first season recently but haven't watched it yet. Saving it for Summer viewing.

I've the distinct feeling I'm gonna get bored mid-way through though.

basquille wrote: »
    I got the first season recently but haven't watched it yet. Saving it for Summer viewing.

I've the distinct feeling I'm gonna get bored mid-way through though.

It's ****ing awesome.
    Watched the first season in about 3 sittings.

Awesome characters in it - Mom from Married with Children, The Blonde guy from Queer as Folk, Ron Perlman, Kim Coates, Bobby Elvis, Prospect.
    Even Adriana from the Sopranos is in it!

Plus since it's from one of the Shield writers the 19ers are in it! And Agent Dutch makes a guest appearance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cool series: hope this one lasts for 3 or 4 seasons (can't see it going for any more, though). Gets good around episode 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I also thought it was great. Loved Ally Walker's character.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Jax Teller got it on with Mayor Tommy Carcetti from the Wire in Queer as Folk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4P1QmGecB8

then go watch undeclared :)

great series pity they didn't'get around to the crux of the issue in the first series. the whole what happened to his father and the interesting bit about libertarianism and anarchism.

• Advertisement

the whole what happened to his father

Well that's obviously going to be one of the main plot points for the whoel run.
    Could Ron Perlman be his father. I expect that bombshell to drop when Jax finds out Ron tried to kill Opie and got his wife instead. When Jax goes to kill Ron it's reveled by Katie Segal that Ron is his real father. Or maybe not. Just a thought.

Advertisement