Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend me a new wristwatch

Options
  • 14-05-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a new watch (preferably available on amazon.co.uk since I have a gift voucher).

Price range would be £150 - £200.

I like extra gadgets but not at the expense of having a big bulky watch weighing me down or sticking out of my shirt sleeves. Would be nice to have a compass but I don't think I'll be doing any extensive outdoor orienteering etc..

I do like my watch to be accurate - is the "waveceptor" functionality good or just a gimmick and does it work in Ireland ?

I'm not even sure if I prefer analog or digital, open to suggestions really. What about solar powered watches do you sacrifice time accuracy and does that mean I'll still have a working watch if we end up living in a mad max style post apocalyptic nightmare? :)

So what would you recommend ?

thanks

davej

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

You could check this one out. It's titanium so it's noticeably lighter than steel watches and comfortable to wear. It's thin too so doesn't get stuck outside your cuffs if you're wearing a shirt. Also solar powered so there's no need for batteries and I haven't noticed mine losing time in a year.
    The stopwatch is really the only "extra" but it's handy to have. It will only time up to 60 mins though.
    The watch in that picture looks very silvery, it's actually more tungsten coloured like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks quite good. Unless I see something else that catches my eye I might go for it.
    It seems to be available on amazon for £169..

davej

Advertisement