Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taurus PT99 Para vs M9

• 04-05-2009 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Have a KJW M9a1 co2. Love it, but now I have my eye on the Para PT99 co2, also made by KJW, which is pretty much an M9 with extended mag and full auto capability. Didn't find more then one or two reviews, so just wondering has anyone used the pt99 and any opinions? really considering getting it and selling the M9 as I only really need one pistol. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I've used one and thought it was a brilliant piece with great kick myself, co2 is obviously a great thing too, must get more co2 guns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good enough for me, think I'll go for it, not that I needed much persuasion...will have to see first if I can shift my metal m9 co2 for a decent price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Barryg84

Ive just bought a tourus pt99 co2 powered semi and full automatic
    its the only gun i have . i must say the power is deadly !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Are you sure it's a KJW? I have an F/A pt99 and it's a KWC sold as a Cybergun (The full auto function I believe is particular to this model as the RS is strictly semi).

Overall it's a great gun, CO2 gives good performance even in winter and both extended (39) and normal (25) mags are available. I found an ampule will give me roughly two loads per mag but excessive F/A will affect that especially with the extended mags. It sounds epic and is a lot of fun to shoot. Be warned that if it's the same model as mine the mags will not be cross compatible with other Berettas but you can buy them online easily enough and Hobby occasionally have some in stock.

One piece of advice is to throw away the Allen keys that come with the magazines, their big weakness is wear on the plug eventually resulting in it being impossible to tighten/loose it. Spend some money on a good quality hard steel 1/4" Allen key with sharp corners and it will extend your magazine life.

Advertisement