Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travel to Galway

• 28-04-2009 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Danny-B

Could anyone tell me what the best way to get to Galway from Belfast is? And vice versa.

Is there a train that runs between Galway and Dublin? As the Belfast-Dublin Enterprise train obviously sorts out that portion of the journey.

Otherwise, I suppose there's maybe a coach that would do part of the journey?

Thanks,

Danny.

Comments

You'd have to change trains and stations in Dublin. (from Connolly to Heuston)
    You could take the train to Connolly and then a bus from Bus Aras - around the corner from Connolly. Depending on traffic it could be as quick as taking the train from Heuston.

Taking the bus changing at Sligo or Enniskillen and Sligo is the other option.
    I think the bus would be quicker.

The buseireann journey planner is suggesting going via Bus Aras in Dublin which I don't think is the best way unless there are express busses.

Advertisement