Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUN

• 16-01-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Where is the best place or site to get a paintball gun???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

For starters they are called paintball markers, not guns.

There is on one that sells them in the republic. You are looking around €400 to get started off.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

Thanks for the info.

The question still unanswered.

Where can I buy a paintball marker?

You can buy one from Anarky Paintball in Newry or Just paintball in the Uk. Check paintballer.ie for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

But they kinda need Garda authorisation

• Registered Users Posts: 21 byrne-himself

is garda authorisation difficult to get, i.e. same as actual firearms, eg. secure storage, checks. i was looking into them recently just don't seem to be able to find a team in wicklow:(

• Advertisement

is garda authorisation difficult to get, i.e. same as actual firearms, eg. secure storage, checks. i was looking into them recently just don't seem to be able to find a team in wicklow:(

There are teams alright, you just are not looking in the right place.

www.paintballer.ie

thanks for link:D, any idea on the legal routes to getting a marker and whats involved?

To get a marker you will need to get an authorisation. Currently, this process is long and tedious, how ever from the 1st Aug, it will be much easier due to some changes being made.

All paintball marker authorisations will be dealt with at a local level i.e. by your local super, so no more will your marker need to be sent off to garda hq for ballistics testing.

There is loads more info in the legal forums on paintballer, you must log in to view it ithough.

hmm sounds tricky, will go dwn and hav a chat, tnx

Best of luck mate. You'll need it. I waited 7 months and was turned down in a 2 line letter.

• Advertisement

Come Augest, it should be much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

For starters they are called paintball markers, not guns.

They're called guns in the states. Just using the term "marker" isn't going to make the lawmakers fall in love with IPPA and change the laws. Gun is fine. Especially for woodsball

They're called guns in the states. Just using the term "marker" isn't going to make the lawmakers fall in love with IPPA and change the laws. Gun is fine. Especially for woodsball

Funny, every team I've played from the states has used the term "Marker" and so does nearly every major international tournament. But hey, you must be right.

And it makes a huge difference to the attitude you get when you walking into An Garda. For example, Airsoft Guns are not the same as Paintball Markers in the eyes of many people that I've spoken to from DOJ and An Garda. You do get a much better response when you say marker. Gun could be a 50 cal while a marker seems more refined and less lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

ironclaw wrote: »
    Funny, every team I've played from the states has used the term "Marker" and so does nearly every major international tournament. But hey, you must be right.

And it makes a huge difference to the attitude you get when you walking into An Garda. For example, Airsoft Guns are not the same as Paintball Markers in the eyes of many people that I've spoken to from DOJ and An Garda. You do get a much better response when you say marker. Gun could be a 50 cal while a marker seems more refined and less lethal.

I've seen videos of the pros calling them guns, and a lot of the websites use that term. Even wikipedia! (All hail...) Also, that was my point, that it's no good pretending that they're something completely different to guns just to get them past the Gardaí. I know, energy differences, etc, but they're still pretty similar.

And hey, I use the term marker, but I still object to the IPPA trying to phase the word "gun" out of the english language.../sarcasm

The idea of calling them markers is to seperate them as much as possible from 'real guns' which is what is needed to help relax the controls on them.

This is gone off topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement