Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

lasminute.com €10 Hotel Rooms

• 22-04-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭

598x153_wigig_apr.gif?skin=engb.lastminute-ie

€10 Hotel rooms in Dublin being sold tomorrow morning at 10am.

Got this the last time and ended up in the Clarion in Limerick city, fantastic hotel. Felt a bit guilty for only paying a tenner, especially when we ended up with free room service! :p

Linky. Might want to use Internet Explorer as other browsers seems to send the site FUBAR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

They never even charged me last time :confused:

Not complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

do they take laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Don't know, paid by CC last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Don't know, paid by CC last time.

just checked, they do!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I cant seem to find the hotels offering this. Can anyone find a list?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Would also like a list, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Bambaata wrote: »
    I cant seem to find the hotels offering this. Can anyone find a list?
    Would also like a list, thanks.

The sale starts at 10am tomorrow, when participating hotels will be shown.

I got this offer a few months ago, it did as it said on the tin. Don't be fussy, take whatever dates you can get, they go in seconds, and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

bigkev49 wrote: »
    598x153_wigig_apr.gif?skin=engb.lastminute-ie

€10 Hotel rooms in Dublin being sold tomorrow morning at 10am.

Got this the last time and ended up in the Clarion in Limerick city, fantastic hotel. Felt a bit guilty for only paying a tenner, especially when we ended up with free room service! :p

Linky. Might want to use Internet Explorer as other browsers seems to send the site FUBAR.

Ssshhhhhh!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well have a look a see tomorrow. See i get something nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

is this offer only available for midweek stays or are weekend nights included

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

*A maximum of 1 transaction can be made per person. Any bookings that exceed this will be cancelled and a full refund given.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

shhuusshhhh,,was keeping this to myself:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I get an email from them every 5 minutes or so, but did I get this one? Noooo.

/would ad to spam but too darn risky..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

any1 know how many nights allowed stay, just the one im gussing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I availed of this last time around and got a night in 4 star Clarion Cork for €10. The following morning I went to pay €8 for the overnight parking, gave the girl at the desk a tenner and she gave me back €42 which I accepted... I feel so guilty now :o I'll probably be trampled by an elephant at some point in karma retribution.

they only have 4 hotels,,13€

oh,,it 10€ when you go to book it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

Just four hotels in Dublin, the Royal Marine being the best of them. Not great.

Also, hate to be a pedantic f*cker, but it says in the T&Cs 10:00 GMT. Which it won't be for another hour. We are in BST at the moment.

i can book it now

Didnt get one. Gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

The server is down now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

there bad site is not doing anythingfor me and iv been trying since 10.00 am!

it says the hotel available 2 night stay = 20€ and thats all it does! click continue and nothing happens!

comon!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No joy here. Ridiculously slow as well.

It also boots you back to a generic booking page rather than telling you that there are no rooms left. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

When I click continue it redirects me to another search page. Has been doing this since 10.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Stupid offer :( Won't let me book for the kids, even if I was to just bring the newborn, for whom I'd be bringing my own travel cot. Oh to be young, free and single again...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bodhi

Same for me when it gets through it loads up another booking page for hotels in london

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

dudara wrote: »
    No joy here. Ridiculously slow as well.

It also boots you back to a generic booking page rather than telling you that there are no rooms left. Very annoying.

did anyone manage to get a room at the weekend? fri or sat nights?
    every single one i tried it said it was not available,

only rooms i could get were during the week but no interest in that.
    bit of a sham.

In terms of PR, I think they have done more harm than good with this offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Jimdagym wrote: »
    In terms of PR, I think they have done more harm than good with this offer.

Agreed

If my search was unsucessful they could of least built in a page that said something like..... "we have nothing for this date - try again" Instead I was just brought onto a generic landing page for UK hotels?

or better still, a page showing the dates that have availability, like on aerlingus for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I think I tried every hotel on every date available and kept getting that the room was available, hit continue and then it would say not available or it would throw me to a generic page. Ridiculous offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

What prats. Myself and the girlfriend have been trying to book a room for any day since 10am on seperate computers - not 1 was available.

Poor show. They couldn't have sold out everything in the first minute unless there were only 4 rooms in each hotel!

Advertisement