Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT Settings

• 27-10-2007 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭

I can't get a game of PES 2008 going at all (twice where other people have quit and I've put the ball in back of net a few times only for it to appear near half way line and not for tip off)

My NAT settings are moderate.

I've tried to change them using the following sites

Xbox Live Guide & Port Forward but to no avail.

I'm using a BT Voyager 2110 modem/ router.

I've a laptop, PC and 360 all connected via wireless.

I've completed the 2nd part of actually forwarding the ports etc. but it's this bit I can't sort out at the moment.

When I follow the instructions and then test the connection I fail the IP Address part on 360 test.

IP on 360 is 192.168.62.2 on voyager.home page but different on 360 display.
    Have tried changing the last sequence of numbers by 30+ but then the test doesn't work.

I'm on BT 1MB broadband, most games work fine apart from this and I've tried hosting and joining but both are unplayable.

Any one experienced in getting this right or is broadband just too slow.

If you think you know what it is and need more info just let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

IP on 360 is 192.168.62.2 on voyager.home page but different on 360 display.

Can you clarify that bit?.

You're manually inputting the IP settings for the xbox?, it's that IP that you need to use as the IP you want the forwarded ports to go to.

Have a look for Plug n Play settings on your modem, and enable them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

zabbo wrote: »
    Can you clarify that bit?.

You're manually inputting the IP settings for the xbox?, it's that IP that you need to use as the IP you want the forwarded ports to go to.

Have a look for Plug n Play settings on your modem, and enable them.

Yeah manually inputting to try and get a static IP.
    Which IP? 192.168.62.2?

Have manually tried that one but test still fails on IP address.

Website states
    'Step 8:
    Enter the the ip address you want to use for your Xbox 360 into this page. It's important to choose an ip address that not in your router's dhcp range. You can check this by login in to your router and looking at it's dhcp or LAN page. Alternatively you can just pick an ip address that is not close to the ip address your xbox was previously using. For instance if your xbox was using something like 192.168.0.2, then you would want the new ip address to be something like 192.168.0.200. If your xbox was using something like 192.168.0.240, then you would want the new ip address to be something like 192.168.0.2. Only the last group of numbers on the ip address should change, and that group of numbers would range from 2 to 254.'

When I enter any manual address the xbox live test fails on IP address all the time.

I can't find any plug n play settings, it's not on the ms xbox live certified for live page either. In additional settings on live PPPoE is not set, not sure what's it's for but maybe PP over Ethernet in which case it wouldn't matter to me cos I'm on wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nat settings is wrecking my head

ive gone and done everything all the ports are open its all fine, i cant do nothing else, but nat still says strict.

Why is there not just an easy option to turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I did it the other night and it was straight forward enough. The first netgear router on the Xbox Live Guide linked above is what I have and followed the instructions and it worked first time. Was moderate and is now open.

What make/model routers do you guys have and is the xbox on LAN or wireless?

Keith: You cant change the third part of the IP address. Your range is 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254 so you cant change the 0 to 62. Try 192.168.0.200 and also enter the subnet 255.255.255.0. You must also restart your router for the new settings to take effect.

i have a netopia router. the xbox is connected to the pc with the ethernet wire, my pc then connects to the router wirelessly.

its so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Dunno if youve tried this but someone here got it working:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51327997&postcount=17

Also there is some detailed info on opening the ports here:
    http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/3347NWG/Xbox_Live_360.htm

i have all the ports fowarding i can access it fine no problem. problem is with the nat ****, ive done everything to try move it to moderate or even open but wont work.

ive given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

bucks73 wrote: »
    I did it the other night and it was straight forward enough. The first netgear router on the Xbox Live Guide linked above is what I have and followed the instructions and it worked first time. Was moderate and is now open.

What make/model routers do you guys have and is the xbox on LAN or wireless?

Keith: You cant change the third part of the IP address. Your range is 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254 so you cant change the 0 to 62. Try 192.168.0.200 and also enter the subnet 255.255.255.0. You must also restart your router for the new settings to take effect.

I've BT Voyager 2110 and it's on wireless (official adapter), just trying a few more things now to try get it working.
    I've got it open by putting the IP address of 360 in DMZ.

"A DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone) host is a computer on your network that can be accessed from the Internet regardless of NAT, port forwarding and IP filter settings. A DMZ is often used to host Web servers, FTP servers etc that need to be accessible from the Internet.

Setting up a DMZ has implications for the security of your network. Only set-up a DMZ if you understand the consequences.

Port forwarding settings will override your DMZ setting.

To setup a DMZ Host:

* Select Forwarded to the DMZ Host
    * Enter the IP address of the computer you wish to place in the DMZ
    * Click Apply"

Anyone know if there's any real security implications?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

For the Eircom NAT fix see this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

[DM]-TheDOC- since you're going through a computer have you tried both Internet Connection sharing and Network Bridging?
    Sharing only got me down to Moderate, but once bridged it opened up fine.
    Keith186 - No viruses for the 360 as of yet so I wouldn't worry about the DMZ issue.

• Advertisement

dnt know what is internet sharing or bridging.

TBH its just wrecking my head, done 8 different methods of trying to open it, none have worked, the 8th completely stopped xbox live completely.

my xbox connects by cable to my pc
    my pc connects wirelessly to another pc.

people have said hubs, routers, bridging and itnernet sharing and ive looked through google and still dont understand what it all means.

Any help appreciated.

need nat open to play with mates.

brainstorm

Would it be any easier or work if i just took the internet router into my pc, and had the other pc connect wireless?

basically do the opposite?

Here's a link for the bridging:

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide3.php?title=How%20do%20I%20setup%20Bridging

When hooked up and working you may have to go into "Test Network Settings" a few times for the Xbox to register the correct IP address. And you may lose internet connection for a few moments as well. This is what happens to me but it sets the NAT to Open and the games run fine so it shouldn't be a problem.

If this doesn't work say so and I'll post one of the links I have for Internet Connection Sharing. Once you have it working you may want to check out TVersity for playing the music and vids on your pc on the xbox but one step at a time eh? ;)

says i must select atleast two network connections that are not being used by Internet connection sharing or internet connection firewall??

any ideas?

k got it up and running, but internet wouldnt open, and xbox wouldnt get on live, updating drivers gna try again see what happens.

nope bridiging didnt work, internet went down and wouldnt come back up, xbox now wont recognise ip adress.

It seems all along i had internet sharing or something on

http://www.celticsnipers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=269

I tried the things in that link but that totally messed it up, xbox wouldnt recognise ip address from it

this is so annoying, i appreciate the help though.

Is it flashing up on your pc that there is an IP address conflict when you Test Network Settings? On my lappy it does that for awhile and after like 4-5 goes at worst the xbox connects then about 5-10 minutes the lappy sorts itself out and internet on it works but in the meantime the xbox is online.

Do you have an Eircom router? As if you specify the IP address on both this will conflict with Network Bridging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Lads is anyone using a Netopia Eirom router and not having prolems?
    I applied all the settings from portforward.com and if anything it got worse.

I am pretty much going to get a netgear router at this stage I had the load of one for a while and it rocked always gota quick game in PES6 and never once had a connection issue in Gears either.

i dont understand what you mean, at this stage i have everything set back to factory settings, and i cant get anything from the xbox at all....

What router do you have and I'll try and start from there...

• Advertisement

netopia 2247

its constantly failing the ip address now

ok got it all back up and running

network connections --> lan connection --> tcip properties

All set to auto obtain

Internet sharing on (whatever that is)

Xbox, everything automatic

back working just nat on strict, im ****ing pissed off with it

Ok. Make sure you still have part C from the celticsnipers guide done. Then go into the properties of the Lan Connection and the Wireless Connection in Network Connections in Control Panel. You want the Advanced tab. ICS (internet connection sharing) should have a checked box. Uncheck it and say ok.

Then select the two in Network Connections, right click and say bridge connection. Fingers crossed and let me know how it goes. :)

yeah ive done that part and it wont work, cant see xbox cant cinnect to internet

did the bridge for another go, and bang its gone again, same problem, wont recognise ip

i tried the celtic sniper guide again.

I can get to the very last part, but when i go to netopia custom services to enable "xbox live games" the only options it lets me add the service too is my pc and the other pc on the network.

It never shows the xbox.

My xbox is connected to the pc etc everything fine

Any help would greatly be appreciated guys.

Also ive completely lost all connection to xbox live, stops at veryfing ip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gallo

How do you change the nat number on the PS3??? i have only got broadband and the nat is 3.. I have a motorola netopia router. Model 2247-62 (the newest one) please help??

Advertisement