Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

training with a team but not seeing eye to eye with the manager :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good story, do tell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

ah we had a "slight" difference of opinions about me fitness. and he goes we'll put you centre forward, which actually needs more fitness than centre back???.. i warmed up, then he just avoided me for the rest of the game.. not blowing me own trumpet but iv a good footballing head cause iv coached for years.. and after suffering a calf strain he asked why i wasnt committed? B*L*X:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

ah we had a "slight" difference of opinions about me fitness. and he goes we'll put you centre forward, which actually needs more fitness than centre back???.. i warmed up, then he just avoided me for the rest of the game.. not blowing me own trumpet but iv a good footballing head cause iv coached for years.. and after suffering a calf strain he asked why i wasnt committed? B*L*X:mad:

sounds like a farce alright. You can't fall out with managers though, or else you may as well look for a new team! A bit of give and take is needed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

yeah pal i seen it.. where in poppintree do ya train?

How does the training on the thursday work exactly?

the next match you have is the team im not seen eye to eye with the manger :D
    Ah right ;)

Tuesdays we're in Poppintree Park (UPS/Finglas side) and Thursdays in Westwood Gym doing all kinds of everything (we were in the pool last night).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Savman wrote: »
    Ah right ;)

Tuesdays we're in Poppintree Park (UPS/Finglas side) and Thursdays in Westwood Gym doing all kinds of everything (we were in the pool last night).

thats great news sav that ye can enter 2 teams and yours doing the pool/gym thing, sounds professional and well organised, i used to live up near the westwood gym. if i was still there, i would have joined ye.

would your seconds team be up for a friendly against Boardeaux over the next month or so on astro?

but i think i have found me a club for this season so looking forward to getting back playing saturday ball again!

• Advertisement

would your seconds team be up for a friendly against Boardeaux over the next month or so on astro?
    I'll put it to the gyaffa but he'll probably be along soon anyways. Our season starts in 2 weeks, not sure if there's any time for more friendlies tbh I think there's already a few lined up.

Which saturday team did u end up joinin?

pool? yeah swimming wouldnt be on me list of things im able to do haha..

how much does it cost?

pool? yeah swimming wouldnt be on me list of things im able to do haha..

how much does it cost?
    €7.50 but well worth it. It's not full on swimming per se, but more water-based resistance stuff. Never done anything like it before in me life :o

Savman wrote: »
    €7.50 but well worth it. It's not full on swimming per se, but more water-based resistance stuff. Never done anything like it before in me life :o

ah yeah iv been at a few saint pats trainin sessions when they do it..well ill see how the aul calf is after me physio on monday cause dont want to arrive down as a cripple :D

can you pm me details for contacts?

by the way will yous be in the same league as that aston village?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi guys.
    Been away so just to catch up on a couple of the posts regarding enquiries re-phoenix rovers looking for players.Our season has been delayed by another week and is scheduled to kick off 23/08/2008 which nearly suits us as it allows more time to organize sunday side development.There maybe more time for friendlies although with all due respect to the boards team i dont think astro is what were after at this time of the year.And on the question of aston village been in our league the answer is no they have joined the ucl league.Hoping to hear from some interested players in joining our club soon.cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Hi, our team Fingal utd. (Div 2 UCL) are looking for a manager. Might suit ex-player who is looking to start into coaching adults. Anyone who is interested pm me. We're a good club with a decent squad of players. New players are also welcome. Training tues & thurs in St. Annes Park Raheny and we also play there. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DazzaC

Hi all,
    im looking to play some indoor football. im living near wicklow town and i have transport so im willing to drive a bit.
    any leads would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 >JOKER<

Hey guys!
    On 4-5 September I'm gonna come in Dublin. If is someone who needs a good enough player then I'm waiting for your "offers". :P
    My e-mail adress is sanchi_mafy@yahoo.com
    Best regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jor-El

Any 5 aside astro teams looking for players in the Dundalk?

PM if so.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beanok77

Any games? Just finished up Ga for the season. Looking to play in Astropark up near northside as it suits best. PM me or email me at beanok77@yahoo.ie

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Anybody know if there's any womens teams around looking for players or even any indoor mixed or womens games? South or central Dublin. Cheers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Hi Lads,

I'm looking for a socialabe game in waterford, Quality would be poor and fitness worse, Kinda in the midle of a Loosing weight Dealie.

Any info PM me k?

Amything would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi lads.
    My team phoenix rovers fc based in lanesborough finglas are looking for new players now that the transfer window is open.So anyone looking to change clubs to face a new challenge or players just looking to get into a competitive league your welcome.With the weather beeen so bad up to christmas not alot of games have been played so 3/4s of the season still to go.We have two teams playing saturday and sundays and play in the Aul league.Pm me if interested and also check out our website for contact details and general club info www.phoenixroversfc.com you might be pleasantly surprised.Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Conor026

Looking to play on a 5-a-side team on the southside of dublin.
    Can play Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday between 6 to 10.

Anyone 5-a-side weekly games happening where,
    ye are short a player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Looking to join a social team for 5-a side (or more!) in the Dublin area - preferably Dublin South.

Oh I'm a girl btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Hey guys,

We're trying to get a regular game of astro going during the week, currently have about 6-8 definites week in week out but always lacking the last few!!

Games will be played on either a Monday/Wednesday (days and time to be finalised) usually around 8. Astro will be played in the astro pitch in Larkview GAA club (Whelan Park) in Kimmage.

If anyone is interested, send me your details by PM and I'll send out txts when I'm organising a game.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Looking to join a social team for 5-a side (or more!) in the Dublin area - preferably Dublin South.

Oh I'm a girl btw :)

we have a girl or 2 playing in our team so your welcome for trials :D:D:D:D:D.

hmm, i wonder what would happen if boards entered a 6 a side girls team into the leagues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

hmm, i wonder what would happen if boards entered a 6 a side girls team into the leagues?

It's obvious what would happen: we'd win :D:D:D

stevire wrote: »
    Games will be played on either a Monday/Wednesday (days and time to be finalised) usually around 8. Astro will be played in the astro pitch in Larkview GAA club (Whelan Park) in Kimmage.

If anyone is interested, send me your details by PM and I'll send out txts when I'm organising a game.

Just a follow up, game tomorrow night. 9-10. Could still do with a couple of players. If interested gimme a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭wally79

Hi Stevire,

Dont know if your still looking for players but give me a shout if you are.

Monday/Wednesday both suit me.

Cheers

Walter

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

hey everyone. Me and my mates just put an 11 a side team together for the ucd superleague for next year and we played a team today in a friendly and beat them is there any other social team in dublin that would like to play us in a friendly? please reply if intrested. Cheers

wally79 wrote: »
    Hi Stevire,

Dont know if your still looking for players but give me a shout if you are.

Monday/Wednesday both suit me.

Cheers

Walter

Hey Walter,

I'll put you on the txt list... PM Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mucri

Hi There,

here is a little story of everyday life ... somehow soccer related :)

Today going to the local supermarket saw a bounch of young kids (10 maybe 11years old) with a deflated ball.

Just for a laugh took the ball from the feet of one of the kid I knew and started to play soccer. To my amazement this kid was really "talented" the others were just looking to "shy" to participate and played very little

Surprise, they asked me if I wanted to continue the game in the near by field. I answered "another time" and I meant it :D

I am willing to play with them, being a lady and not much of a sporty person will be fun to pick up this little challenge.
    Just I am not much of a player ...yet :D and mostly do not now the rules

I live in what could be considered a rough neighborhood and believe you me these kids are wonderful just need to "be trained" to life and soccer ;)

Well ... I was hoping you or your friends could help me to find a COACH for this young fellows...you keep fit they learn how to have fun, team spirit and engage in healthy activities...

PM me pls, Thanks a mill for reading and hopefully helping...

stevire wrote: »
    Hey Walter,

I'll put you on the txt list... PM Sent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kingsley16

Is there any teams in dublin that might be looking for a u16 player before the season is over or any u17 teams having trials this summer when the season is over?
    I play left back and left wing midfield and my date of birth is the 23/02/92. I was playing for Rathcoole boys in Clondalkin but they split up, so now i'm trying to find a new team before the season is over or find a team for next season.
    Any help would be great, thanks.

Advertisement