Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

smyff wrote: »
    aye thats true about the maths i know a few punters who went to the IST and they all failed it cause well. theyre dead on and all but theyre not really smart in that way

i like the way u put that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

smyff wrote: »
    aye thats true about the maths i know a few punters who went to the IST and they all failed it cause well. theyre dead on and all but theyre not really smart in that way

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Anyone else get their IST date this morning?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

yeh i got mine, they arent hanging about anyway!!
    Anyone else get their IST date this morning?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

And I got mine...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Post isnt past yet. I had a feeling something would arrive today.

(oh god back to waiting on the postman)

Got mine this morning, as el_nino_9 said they are definately not hanging about! :eek:

• Yeah, got mine this morning as well. Of course, being the not-at-all-awkward geniuses that we know them to be they have scheduled me in for a time that is the exact opposite of what I requested, despite getting my application form done at lunchtime on the 5th.
    First come first served my big hairy bum cheeks! :mad:

Yeah, got mine this morning as well. Of course, being the not-at-all-awkward geniuses that we know them to be they have scheduled me in for a time that is the exact opposite of what I requested, despite getting my application form done at lunchtime on the 5th.

:D

Have to say they done the same with me mate but its not a prob for me to get work changed so not really a big issue. But can understand how it could be a severe pain in the ass for some people:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Yeah, got mine this morning as well. Of course, being the not-at-all-awkward geniuses that we know them to be they have scheduled me in for a time that is the exact opposite of what I requested, despite getting my application form done at lunchtime on the 5th.

Mental image :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Canuck4PSNI

Got my IST date in the post today!

Got mine there a wee while ago. Not pleased........ its around 2 months away!!!!:mad:

Got mine there a wee while ago. Not pleased........ its around 2 months away!!!!:mad:

So is mine, but least might still get the call for may :)

nickni wrote: »
    So is mine, but least might still get the call for may :)

At least you have that hope. :cool:

really 2 months off? mine is much less than that

At least you have that hope. :cool:

Never say never, if the guy was right bout getting called for medical a few days ago, you never know ;)

really 2 months off? mine is much less than that

Did you request a certain time slotmate?

that i did! didnt get it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

mines 2 months away as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

well hey guys

been a loooonnnggg while since ive been on here!!!! ive been in hiding lol

well im in the same sit as before vetting still ongoing and just got the letter through to IST and mine is almost 2 mths away as well and at the opposite time i asked for even though i had my apllication in by 11am !!!!! raging lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

haha. good to see ya back smelly!!!

i have still to apply :S

but i will tomorrow evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

hey!

whats that book called that is supposed to help with the assessment tests?

Its called How to pass the Police Selction Process by Hodge & Tolley.
    Amazon have it about the eight quid mark if memory serves.

If you want my opinion ( and even if you dont here goes anyway! ) I wouldnt bother, its not that helpful, more geared to the mainland services than us.

If you can get hold of some verbal reasoning tests, you can buy books with these in and books on psychometric testing, these would be better for you.

If you know any teachers ask and see if they can get you old copies of the Prep 7 transfer tests, good for getting the old grey matter working.

Also Google phrases like aptitude tests etc, I remember someone posting waaay back that there was stuff online that they found with regards to tests.

Good luck one and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 P365

Hey,

I see that people are getting their dates already for IST. I applied on the 6th but am away until March 27th from home so my letter could be there and no one is there to check when my IST date is???? Would it be safe to say that it can wait for me to return on March 27th to open it? Or do I need to reply to it as soon as possible to say that I will be attending???

P365

P365 wrote: »
    Hey,

I see that people are getting their dates already for IST. I applied on the 6th but am away until March 27th from home so my letter could be there and no one is there to check when my IST date is???? Would it be safe to say that it can wait for me to return on March 27th to open it? Or do I need to reply to it as soon as possible to say that I will be attending???

P365
    The closing date for applications is April 3rd so there will not be any tests before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

Did anyone recive the letter within' "ten working days" yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Did anyone recive the letter within' "ten working days" yet?
    if you applied on the first day you still have another 2 days to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Che75

Hi folks, was doing a couple of the official IST timed tests and I'm averaging mid-sixties percentage. Do any seasoned campaigners know whether this is crap or acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Think you need over 70% mate from memory roughly;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

got my date through today, and i am so surprised i got my preferred day and location. not that long away either, was expecting my allotted day to be like last year, in a hotel in the middle of nowhere, and in the middle of a week day, so had to take the full day off work! am pleased with that, hope I do much better this time round, dying to get in! am having the weirdest dreams about doing that push pull thingy, tho' i think it's my subconscious telling me i have been a lazy biatch and need to start exercising again, not looking forward to it at all, done feck all since november!:eek:

Advertisement