Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In what year did Ireland Beat the All Blacks?

• 09-03-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

When did Ireland Beat new zealand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

never afaik :( ^^eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

eh WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Er...I deleted that post folks.

wtf indeed...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

New Zealand are the only team that Ireland have played and never beaten.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Sangre wrote: »
    New Zealand are the only team that Ireland have played and never beaten.

Indeed. We thankfully got over the 100% loss record to Namibia in 2003 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

Hogzy wrote: »

2011, in the RWC final. Wohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

We did manage a 10 - 10 draw in 1973

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Downtime wrote: »
    We did manage a 10 - 10 draw in 1973

Not a win, though :) I'm hoping they never do beat the All Blacks as I'm a kiwi living here, and well......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭twinytwo

should have beaten them in 06 tbh... robbed once again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

robbed in the first test 1992 as well....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

RuggieBear wrote: »
    robbed in the first test 1992 as well....

Robbed? More like slipped a rohypnol and taken feckin' advantage of in a most ungentlemanly way....sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

that would be the second test....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

RuggieBear wrote: »
    that would be the second test....

Lol, too true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Surprised it hasn't been brought up!!!

Munster are the only Irish side to ever beat the All Blacks. It's very frustrating as an Irish fan to watch our games against the All Blacks because countless times we've been so near, yet so far!

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Surprised it hasn't been brought up!!!

Munster are the only Irish side to ever beat the All Blacks. It's very frustrating as an Irish fan to watch our games against the All Blacks because countless times we've been so near, yet so far!

More often than not its due to crappy call by the ref.... would i be the only one thinking that the refs are afraid to penalise the AB's in case they might actually lose???? happened the last test game against ireland... and cost Munster their outing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

no i dont think the ref can be blamed for us losing to the abs in my rugby life time, thats the last 15 years.
    it used to be we werent fit enough and'd lose it in the last 15/20 mins.
    as jackass has said we've been close but no cigar yet.
    i always feel though that our first win will actually come over there on an end of season tour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

We've been very close on a number of occasions in the last few years (ironically more so in NZ) but I never thought we were the better team. We simply have a number of weaknesses that NZ are all too good at exploiting (the backrow did an amazing job of protecting O'Gara in the two summer tests in 06 for example, but it just took one break through him and there was a try). I'm fairly sure we'll beat them eventually, but most of the results have given a good indication of where we are as a team - very good but by no means the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

What's the point of this thread exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Amabokke

Never have and never will..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭Goose81

Amabokke wrote: »

Yeah I agree,they are too good.
    We have however beaten the Springboks though.

• Advertisement

Goose81 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree,they are too good.
    We have however beaten the Springboks though.

Very true BUT the main question is can you do it again? Can you keep it up or will you continue to flopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Can you also predict next weeks lotto numbers?

pucan wrote: »

Between me an my brother we know everything. This is the one my brother knows.

Is only a matter of time.. we should have beaten them on a few occasions before.. but they are let away with way too much which is the downfall of alot of team that play them

twinytwo wrote: »
    Is only a matter of time.. we should have beaten them on a few occasions before.. but they are let away with way too much which is the downfall of alot of team that play them

No, they're not. Can hardly expect the refs to swing it your way to beat them. The boks beat NZ in their own backyard - bad ref and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

pucan wrote: »

I can;t predict what they won't be. 1,2,3,4,5,6. Bonus won't be 7

No, they're not. Can hardly expect the refs to swing it your way to beat them. The boks beat NZ in their own backyard - bad ref and all.

I never said swing it our way... i said stop letting them away with stuff other teams wouldnt.. McCaw spends most of his time off side in rucks and the number of times the runners are in front of the kicker as he kicks the ball.. plus you add in dodgey tackles see All blacks v ireland and munster for perfect examples you begin to see what im getting at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yolane

2016 and 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

twinytwo wrote: »

I never said swing it our way... i said stop letting them away with stuff other teams wouldnt.. McCaw spends most of his time off side in rucks and the number of times the runners are in front of the kicker as he kicks the ball.. plus you add in dodgey tackles see All blacks v ireland and munster for perfect examples you begin to see what im getting at
    This thread will be locked very soon so I have to get in quickly to say that McCaw's cheating was highlighted a bloody decade ago.

Still got away with it until the day he retired. What a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Aside from the pointless thread, McCaw is the greatest forward I've seen.

He is also living proof that profile and ability will impact on the officials to the extent that they will second guess themselves whereby they will actually overlook genuine infringements as they know a player is so good, they'll doubt what they saw.

Here's one of my favourites. McCaw is the lad on his knees with his back to us. From this position, he went and put hands on the ball, turning this over, I recall.

McCaw.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement