Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do you get your IQ tested officially?

• 07-03-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Are there any websites where you can test your IQ?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

http://www.mensa.org.uk/request_form.html

Altho if you were not smart enough to find the form, Dont Hold your breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Where's the form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Yeah that's an actual home-test that's sent out, I applied for it anyways. But are there any websites that will measure IQ online? I've googled it but most of the sites seem a bit spammy...

I did one IQ test on a site and when I completed it, it said "OK, click here for your results!", so I clicked and on the next page they asked me for $9.95. Me bollix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 comrade.salad

I don't there are. I've done a few and have been given 95 and 138 on the same day. I think you internet speed would effect your result and tbh, I dont IQ is more than a number, because you can train yourself to better your results.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

I dont IQ is more than a number, because you can train yourself to better your results.

QFT. If you take the same "IQ Test" a few times you can very easily divine patterns that will likely give you a higher IQ score - it becomes more a measure of how familiar you are with that kind of test than your actual innate intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

It always amazes me that 95% of people on the internet have,according to these tests,near genius level intelligence, the irony being that these "masterminds" don't even realise this.. If the average I.Q. is 100 then well,do I need to elaborate.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Overblood wrote: »
    I did one IQ test on a site and when I completed it, it said "OK, click here for your results!", so I clicked and on the next page they asked me for $9.95. Me bollix!

I found one once that didn't charge IIRC. I can't find the email they sent me tho'. It said mine was 130 (with a ± of 3) which was "borderline genius" :eek: I told my 'friend' the next day and she sneered that "it's dead easy to cheat on those things" :confused:

From what I can remember the score was based on your age, gender, how many answers were correct and how fast you completed the test. I guessed all the maths based ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

www.centraltest.com There is one somewhere in the individual section and under skills and aptitude tests section. And its free

Advertisement