Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skins

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

And your complaining?;):eek:

Yeah Skins isnt exactly a set you watch to get a moral example :)

Twins FTW though, theyre puuuuuuuuuurty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Salvador Panicky Gent

I think this season is ok... it's sooooooooo unrealistic tho. Last episode was funny I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Fad wrote: »
    Yeah Skins isnt exactly a set you watch to get a moral example :)

Twins FTW though, theyre puuuuuuuuuurty

I prefer the lesbian one. She's not as flashy as the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Might download the first series as something to watch in my spare time (I can never follow these things on TV, but I like having a repository of episodes of something I can watch when I've free time).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You can get them online on 40D for free!

Yeah I think the lesbian twin is way prettier than the other one, even though they're identical. Maybe it's just her attitude though!

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    You can get them online on 40D for free!

Yeah I think the lesbian twin is way prettier than the other one, even though they're identical. Maybe it's just her attitude though!

You and your Internet Explorer! The one drawback to Macdom, no 4OD:mad: (Without major effort)

She is definitly, even in the way she talks, and walks, and eh...........swalks *melts*

I'm never arsed with streaming stuff, there are other methods I prefer... >_>

you mean perfectly legal alternative means of obtaining popular media for private consumption in your own home?

Of course. It's nice to have something to stay in and watch when there's torrential rain outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

skins is e4's lame attempt at being shocking, it's not one bit like any teenager's life and if it is those people need desperate help

having that said it's like my version of coronation street =p guilty viewing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

*cough*

But isn't it much more entertaining when you've paid an honest price for it at your local entertainment retailer?

*cough**cough*

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Of course. It's nice to have something to stay in and watch when there's torrential rain outside.

I prefer to Rapidly Share with someone, its more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i LOVE skins. it's one of three tv programmes that ive made any point of watching over the last 5 or 6 years (actually, about 5 or 6 years ago, i did fall in love with Teachers, but never managed to see it as often as i'd've liked, but mighty boosh and family guy were the other two anyway.).

but i got intro'd to skins by my OH, who was following the second series... i can't remember what exactly it was about it that caught my interest (he watches heaps of shows that i have absolutely no interest in), but man, i was well caught.

fell in love with cassie, she reminded me heaps of myself, and the same with sid. really liked those characters, for all their various **** ups.

chris, well, ive a good mate quite like chris, and chris as a character, was always just a nice guy.... my favourite line of his has got to be everyone sitting on the couch in the pub or somewhere, and going over what a complete disaster life has been for everyone, and he's just staring at his pint glass.. "the bubbles go up, up and up and then *makes popping noise/motion*". brilliiant!

tony is a prat. in general. i didnt like him in the second series, and when i saw the first series... well, what an absolute prat. his dad is fantastic though, and ive always loved effie... particularly when you get to see her more humane side when she's sorting out the sid/cassie, tony/michelle messes in the second series.

effie, actually, i don't find to be that unbelievable a character, ive known a few people like her, but just not as young as she is. i love her in the third series though.

third series, i heard from a few people that it was crap, totally unrealistic, blah blah, and kinda had myself braced, so it wasnt a horrible shock for me when it happened and i was well able to get over it and enjoy the rest of the show.

i was glad when thomas came along (isnt he such a dote?!), and that gangster fella was out of it... i didnt like him in the story line, and pandora, is great. i wasnt a huge fan from the start, but she's totally grown on me, and just that scene when she walked out of the nail manicure class, and skipped down the hallway, was just awesome.

freddy, nice guy. i think in real life, i'd love to have a mate like that, but i can see a huge row coming with him, JJ and cook soon...a nd effie! effie crying in the last episode! man, i would really love to see them hook up and stay hooked up. could just be my new sid and cassie.

JJ, i love but the references to his parent's opinions are a little cliché'd.
    cook, oddly, has grown on me too. ok yeah, complete wanker in the first too... but he kinda came through a bit in the last episode. im curious to see how/if his character's gonna develop.

the twins... i love to hate the 'pretty' one with the asshole boyfriend... she is just a bitch, really... the gay one, i love, though i was prepared to hate her from the first scene when she's kicking her lil bro around and stuff, but she seems like a cool chick, and is coming to terms iwth herself and stuff.
    as for the chick she fancies (whose name i cannot remember), i quite like her too... am looking forward to her episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

my friend who's knows jj's actor told me this, i don't know how true it is:p
    jj turns out to be gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Kaya Scodelario is a goddess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    skins is e4's lame attempt at being shocking, it's not one bit like any teenager's life and if it is those people need desperate help

having that said it's like my version of coronation street =p guilty viewing

Well if there was a show on the exact things that happens in a teenagers life then it would be pretty boring, its entertainment at the end of the day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well if there was a show on the exact things that happens in a teenagers life then it would be pretty boring, its entertainment at the end of the day.

Too true! Man, we were so boring as teenagers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 molly_dolly

Bah, this series is nothing compared to 1 and 2. D'ya know what really gets my goat? One of the twins's (there's a mouthful) boyfriend. He's just so damn disguisting. *shudders* I don't think I'll watch it again after last Thursday's bucket of crap of a sleepover. But...The Freddie guy was my favourite (if I had to pick one) character, and next Thursday's episode seems to focus on him. Judging from E4's ads that is.

I miss Sid.......:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

oh ya i know that completely :) hence calling it my guilty pleasure, but i've heard a ton of people saying it's so realasitc and bla bla bla it's a bit deluded

• Advertisement

Bah, this series is nothing compared to 1 and 2. D'ya know what really gets my goat? One of the twins's (there's a mouthful) boyfriend. He's just so damn disguisting. *shudders* I don't think I'll watch it again after last Thursday's bucket of crap of a sleepover. But...The Freddie guy was my favourite (if I had to pick one) character, and next Thursday's episode seems to focus on him. Judging from E4's ads that is.

Hehe yeah her boyfriend's a total ass but I find him hilarious!

I just watched the first episode of Season 1.

I'm extremely underwhelmed to say the least. I won't write it off just yet, but from what I've seen so far, it's more irritating than entertaining, not to mention some of the acting is really, really bad.

What I find hilarious though, is that the actor playing that conceited arsehole is the same guy who played the little weird kid in About a Boy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Piste wrote: »
    Hehe yeah her boyfriend's a total ass but I find him hilarious!

Yeah he is a w@nker but he is pretty funny, his accent aswel!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭paddyb125

This season is terrible and I think it sets a really bad example to young teens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

paddyb125 wrote: »
    This season is terrible and I think it sets a really bad example to young teens

You could say that about anything on TV and it would still be true...

Lol yeah, we're really going to think that's that what we "should" be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Think it's a great programme, never seen the 1st season.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Salvador Panicky Gent

I thought the sleepover was the funniest episode so far tbh... I missed the 1`st one so don't know what that was like

Ok, having watched episode 2, I feel the show has redeemed itself. It's as if the first one was made independantly, as a pilot to showcase the show. There seems to be more substance or depth to the characters now.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Ok, having watched episode 2, I feel the show has redeemed itself. It's as if the first one was made independantly, as a pilot to showcase the show. There seems to be more substance or depth to the characters now.

Are you watching a DVD rip of it?

The dvds have a different soundtrack to the originally broadcast episodes, Im not a huge fan of the nu rave indie shíte, but it suited the show at the time.

Advertisement