Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d Sudoku Cube

• 17-02-2009 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

I designed a 3d Sudoku Cube. Anybody wants to have a go let me know and please indicate if you want the file in excel or pdf. cheers Oliver

Comments

• I'll have a look at it, either excel or pdf is fine. Why not just add both to your post as attachments and let people decide themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I'll have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

I'll have a look at it, either excel or pdf is fine. Why not just add both to your post as attachments and let people decide themselves?

Hi Shifty
    Thanks. I was not aware that one could post attachments. Anyway here they are. Enjoy

Oliver

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

seriously cool thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bocha

my head hurts!

• Advertisement

Need some more numbers to help? I don't want to cause a headache.HEHEHE Cheers Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Did you just throw in random numbers, or did you consider there placement,

because at first look, it appears to be unsolvable.
    Most sudoko puzzles are solvable by two routes, one is the repeatition of a starter number, such as 4 or 5 of the same number to complete one set, the other route id elimination of options, numbers concentrated in certain areas to leave few options,

yours has neither, the centre boxes on the lower face each have 4 or 5 possible options, and these are the closest to be being solved

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm confused, I thought Sudoku numbers only went from 1-9?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

malice_ wrote: »
    I'm confused, I thought Sudoku numbers only went from 1-9?

Generally they do, but you can use any amount of numbers as long as each square has the same amount of boxes (If that makes sense).

Going to try and give this one a go, cheers YellowSheep

Nevermind, this is unsolveable.

• Advertisement

Nevermind, this is unsolveable.
    I think we must be missing something. Any chance of some clarification YellowSheep?

Hi Guys. Sorry to cause you a headache. But believe me its solvable and I have another couple of solutions. I even have one with numbers and letters. Anyway...The idea is that you have to think in 3d as well. You need to get the numbers 1 to 16 on each cube face, but you need to ensure that each row vertically and horizontally will contain the numbers 1 to 16 as well. Thats why I called it Sudoku's Revenge.
    PM me if you want some more numbers. Cheers Oliver

Hi Guys. Sorry to cause you a headache. But believe me its solvable and I have another couple of solutions. I even have one with numbers and letters. Anyway...The idea is that you have to think in 3d as well. You need to get the numbers 1 to 16 on each cube face, but you need to ensure that each row vertically and horizontally will contain the numbers 1 to 16 as well. Thats why I called it Sudoku's Revenge.
    PM me if you want some more numbers. Cheers Oliver
    I'd say stick up some more numbers directly into this thread. You could use spoiler tags to keep people from seeing more than they might want to.

malice_ wrote: »
    You could use spoiler tags ?????

Whats that? Cheers Oliver

This is a spoiler tag -
    Spoiler Tag

Use the spoiler.gif button on the reply page and put what you want to hide between the two brackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I designed a 3d Sudoku Cube. Anybody wants to have a go let me know and please indicate if you want the file in excel or pdf. cheers Oliver
    GTFO

MY head,, jebus my head

Whats that? Cheers Oliver
    This is a spoiler tag -
    Spoiler Tag

Use the spoiler.gif button on the reply page and put what you want to hide between the two brackets.

GhostInTheRuins already explained it very well! I would also add that you can add spoilers manually by typing "[ spoiler]Your text[ /spoiler]". Remove the space after the '[' character in each of tags. I added them in so that the text wouldn't get converted to an actual spoiler :).

So... any chance of actually getting some hints then?

Hi Malice, Hi Guys

Please find a new sheet with more numbers. I tried the spoiler thing but it would just confuse everybody.

Enjoy Oliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Ehh... you have 11 in the same blue line twice!!

Wobs wrote: »
    Ehh... you have 11 in the same blue line twice!!

Yeap sorry. 11 should be a corner number, one up on the red line.

Oliver

Here is the new one therefor now confusion.

I thought that there would be more Sudoku fanatics. :(

I thought that there would be more Sudoku fanatics. :(
    I am not very good at Sudoku so I was lost with your puzzle. Thank you for going to the trouble of putting it together!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks Yellowsheep
    Ill give this a go, i was getting bored of traditional sudoku anyways

Advertisement