Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solar Panels Regulations for 2009?

• 16-02-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have heard from another source, but wasn't sure if true.
    Is it now law that every houseplan (intending on building new home) submitted in Ireland from Jan 1st 2009 onwards MUST have at least 1 solar panel on it's plans.
    Seems a bit odd to be, but the guy who I heard it off works in construction and was fairly adamant about it!

is there any truth in this?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,967 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

kormak wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have heard from another source, but wasn't sure if true.
    Is it now law that every houseplan (intending on building new home) submitted in Ireland from Jan 1st 2009 onwards MUST have at least 1 solar panel on it's plans.
    Seems a bit odd to be, but the guy who I heard it off works in construction and was fairly adamant about it!

is there any truth in this?

not quite...

Part L 2008 states that, subject to some exemptions, every dwelling not substantially complete by 30th June 2009 must have either 10kwhr/m2 of energy or 4kwhr/m2 of electricity supplied from renewable sources.

These renewable sources can be:
    solar collectors
    wood pellet / log stoves / boilers
    photovoltic cells
    wind turbines
    others to be determined....

so say you have a 200 sq m house... thats 2000 kwhr or energy must be supplied to your home by a renewable source... the only way of assessing if a renewable meets this regulations is to have the plans passed through the DEAP software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

There must be a min % of energy provided by renewable

thermal min 10 kwhr/m2/year

by any combination of solar thermal , heat pump , wood pellet boiler/stove

or electrical - 4 kwhr/m2/year
    wind turbine , solar pv

Not clear ? - you need a BER assesor

• Registered Users Posts: 45,819 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll move this to the RE forum.

Advertisement