Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buy new Driver car seat

• 15-02-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new driver car seat for my car. Im looking for a comfortable one. My car is a ford fiesta and it has no airbags or anything like that build in. :)

Anyone know where I could buy? Online or store names would be a great help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new driver car seat for my car. Im looking for a comfortable one. My car is a ford fiesta and it has no airbags or anything like that build in. :)

Is the old one unsafe/broken? Seems a bit strange to just want one seat. Do you want a standard type or racing seat? (imo not that comfortable)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kensingtondell

The other one is fine but not comfortable at all. I had planned on upgrading my car before Chrsitmas but with the whole Recession and all, I decided not to buy.

Im not looking for a racing seat as some of them can break your back!!!

I know just the one seat my look at bit strange but TBH, I dont really care. If they are a reasonable price I would probably buy the passenger one as well.

Any ideas?

Yes you should try scrapyards first/buyandsell. It'll be very tough to get a non-fiesta seat into a fiesta unless you cut/weld the runners underneath. Seats aren't a standard fit. Your best bet is to find a seat out of a newer/higher spec Fiesta.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

Hi all,

The obvious thing would be to get ones from a Focus or Mondeo and see if they fit. You won't have airbags either way though, as the sensors and computer required for the airbag to deploy would also have to be fitted.

Scrap yard would probably be my best bet first I'd say. Im livin in Galway city so will scout the scrap yards around. I know there is one out the Sligo road. The welding and all that wouldnt be a problem as I might tackle that myself.

Cheers for your help.

Any other ideas suggestions will be greatly appreciated too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I did this for a friend years ago, pre NCT days, and that would be your biggest problem, I cant see a car passing an NCT test with a "cut and weld" drivers seat in place. Find out what other higher spec Fiesta seats will fit your car, or as said the focus or mondeo seats might fit too.

macnab wrote: »
    I did this for a friend years ago, pre NCT days, and that would be your biggest problem, I cant see a car passing an NCT test with a "cut and weld" drivers seat in place. Find out what other higher spec Fiesta seats will fit your car, or as said the focus or mondeo seats might fit too.
    Good point, change the pair of them to look less conspicuous

EDIT: Or just put the old seat back in for the NCT lol. Whatever you do make sure you do a good job. A mis-fitted seat would be lethal in an old Fiesta should you crash it.

Valid points about the NCT. I never thought of that. Therefore I think my only option really is to find one that fits directly without any welding cutting etc. My mate has a ford focus actually. I will look at his seat dimensions and see do they anyway line up with mine.

Advertisement