Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Well begob - tis The Riordans

• 10-02-2009 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Sadly this show is gone so long youtube has nothing so the kids reading this may not fully appricate this series groundbreaking themes of curtain twitchery, countryside sectarian and internecine farm politics until they see the tonights documentary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Riordans

RTE 1 tonight at 10.15.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump! I forgot. Anyone watching this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Get up the yard, there's a smell of Benjy off you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Ah yes, the original Minnie the Minx!

This even predates the last recession......

Caught the last half online. Ah memories, bath and Benji eh the Riordans on a Sunday evening and the creeping horror of school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I saw "Gina" from Fair City right at the end of the show when they showed the old cast around the set. I don't remember her in it at all. Who did she play?
    And did anyone see Bryan Murray playing an IRA man who holds Maggie hostage?

• Advertisement

If "gina" is who I think she is, she played a baby!

Her link to the show is that her late dad had a leading role in the Riordans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

No the baby was/is Carol in Fair City. Gina was the one in the pub who was killed in a car accident over the New Year. She was played by Deirdre Lawless I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It seemed alot fresher then Fair City, the acting seemed more realistic, bar benjy's wife who was a bit wooden. And Emmerdale has really just become a townie soap TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dbird74

I was wonodering if anyone has or can get their hands on and footage from 1976-78 of thr riordans, i took over from Ashling o neill as brendan. and was in it for 2these 2 years. it wouold be nice to have some episodes to show my kids... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

In the show who was Maggie ? What was her maiden name ? How did she meet Benjy ? Was she a traveller person ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

An episode from 1978 has been uploaded to YouTube.

Post edited by Hangdogroad on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The credits at the end say 1978. But it's nice to have a example of the programme, what things were like then (in some parts of the country). There's even the all-important Agricultural Advisor mentioned in the credits. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

OK, I didn't spot that. Wesley Burrowes in the intro said 1977.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I have vague recollections of the show. I remember my mother being very annoyed that it came to an end.

She often used some saying related to Benji Riordan but I can’t remember it.

Always thought the show was in couple of times a week, not weekly.

Advertisement