Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dog walking in waterford

Options
  • 25-01-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

hello there, is there anywhere you reccommend to walk a dog around the dunmore road area in waterford? i like to let my lad off the lead for a run so it would need to be somewhere quiet. i would not mind having to drive a bit to a good location. i suppose a fairly open area would be ideal.
    i dont know waterford that well so any advice appreciated, thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

woodstown beach is close enough and you can give the dawg a run off the lead without it being a danger/inconvenience to anyone including the dawg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

Hey mate,

Not sure if this will make sense to ya if u don't really know Waterford. Behind the hospital, at the end of Maypark lane is an estate called Kings Channel. There is a walkway that goes behind the estate all along the river.

I was down there recently and there were quite a few dog walkers. There's lots of space for the dogs to run about, and you're not particularly near the houses. It's also a nice walk for the humans too!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

good stuff, thanks a mill. hopefully the dawg wont jump in the river though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

manus30 wrote: »
    i like to let my lad off the lead for a run so it would need to be somewhere quiet.
    Ya can get arrested for that bud.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ya can get arrested for that bud.
    why would i get arrested for letting my dog run around a quiet area with no one around? never heard of that before.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

As far as I know it's a Bye-law that means you can be fined if caught. You can also be held liable for any damage or injury that your dog may cause so you may want to keep that in mind before unleashing the beast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

why would i get arrested for letting my dog run around a quiet area with no one around? never heard of that before.....
    I think he might be thinking of what "your lad" is in a different way.

oohhhh............:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciara2013

hey
    im just wondering is there anyone out there in Waterford city that needs there dogs looked after or walked because im available to do it if so:) just send me a message on this:)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

good stuff, thanks a mill. hopefully the dawg wont jump in the river though!

My fella tore into the river at low tide, overcome with the excitement of it all and had to be shampooed 3 times to get the mud off! It's a lovely walk though if you don't mind risking a mucky puppy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

old gregg wrote: »
    woodstown beach is close enough and you can give the dawg a run off the lead without it being a danger/inconvenience to anyone including the dawg

pretty sure there are bye laws in place that say all dogs should be on leads on beaches. this is precisely in place to prevent inconvenience/danger to others

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Max Powers wrote: »
    pretty sure there are bye laws in place that say all dogs should be on leads on beaches. this is precisely in place to prevent inconvenience/danger to others

Cos that's followed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Max Powers wrote: »

No way I'm copping grief over a 4 year old thread comment :P . I believe that the bye-laws have recently been amended to prevent dogs being on Woodstown beach completely during the day on summer months. It's a few years since I was at Woodstown but used to take the Jack out when quiet and could be sure he was not going to interfere with other folks enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

old gregg wrote: »
    No way I'm copping grief over a 4 year old thread comment :P . I believe that the bye-laws have recently been amended to prevent dogs being on Woodstown beach completely during the day on summer months. It's a few years since I was at Woodstown but used to take the Jack out when quiet and could be sure he was not going to interfere with other folks enjoyment.

4 years, mad, would have never checked. fair play, I stand corrected if that is true about law change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 davidholden

Hi Ciara, not sure if you still walk dogs in Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Hi Ciara, not sure if you still walk dogs in Waterford?

Ciara hasn't been online since Christmas day 2013 so dont think you'll get a reply ;)

But if you're looking for a dog walker you could try this place https://www.facebook.com/Madaboutdogstraining/

Advertisement