Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H sex discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just remembered that one of the girls in my class was pregnant in 6th year, so perhaps after that no one wanted to mention sex just in case! :p (She had the baby and went back to do an exam the following week!)

However, even before that there was no pressure. There was more pressure to kiss guys when I was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Yeah, I remember being supremely embarrassed that I hadn't kissed a girl when I was in first year. Ha, first year! So ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I was the same cautioner! But I was mortified because I was generously informed that I was a freak. At the age of 12. Girls suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

cautioner wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember being supremely embarrassed that I hadn't kissed a girl when I was in first year. Ha, first year! So ridiculous...

I more or less wish I knew the first couple of girls I kissed names :o

"Meeting" complete strangers really wasnt a good idea:rolleyes:

So knowing their name is now a rule for all forms of contact in my books:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Fad wrote: »
    I more or less wish I knew the first couple of girls I kissed names :o

"Meeting" complete strangers really wasnt a good idea:rolleyes:

So knowing their name is now a rule for all forms of contact in my books:pac:

lol, snap. I remember pressure over being a fridget (uh oh, spell checker doesn't like it...) and meeting some girl whose name I didn't know, who a friend asked to meet me... In hindsight not that great of a friend but oh well :) Knowing the name is a great rule IMO :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'd definitely say the difference exists betwenn mixed and single sex education. Guys I know who were in an all boys school still, at age 20/21, can't accept that if I'm in my female friend's house we're just hanging out. I mean, they thought watching a movie was a euphamism...

Though, having been in mixed education all my life, it feels more natural to be mates with a girl rather than go out with one. I dunno. That's my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

cautioner wrote: »
    fonpokno wrote: »
    I was the same cautioner! But I was mortified because I was generously informed that I was a freak. At the age of 12. Girls suck.

I felt like that but thing is it was the language barrier. In like sixth class and such they asked me had I "shifted "(I hate that word) a girl .
    I didn't know what they were on about it so I said no thinking it meant the whole way .Thing is I did when I was five or six . Just look back and laugh at what a load of BS it was.
    I need to get a connection with someone,be it physical or emotional , otherwise I regret anything I do and don't enjoy it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

obl wrote: »
    female friend
    This is where I get lost. Can you explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Madeleine Nervous Knight

I'd definitely say the difference exists betwenn mixed and single sex education. Guys I know who were in an all boys school still, at age 20/21, can't accept that if I'm in my female friend's house we're just hanging out. I mean, they thought watching a movie was a euphamism...

Though, having been in mixed education all my life, it feels more natural to be mates with a girl rather than go out with one. I dunno. That's my 2 cents.

Yeah, definitely. Some girls I know who'd been in all girl schools their whole lives had a very difficult time relating to guys as just friends when they got to college, they were in girly-girl mode the second a guy walked through the door. That doesn't apply to all girls who went to single sex schools by any means though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ah it's great to be able to have a bit of craic with girls aswell as lads. mixed schools ftw.

Must say though... there's some fun to be had in single sex schools too :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Madeleine Nervous Knight

Ah it's great to be able to have a bit of craic with girls aswell as lads. mixed schools ftw.

Must say though... there's some fun to be had in single sex schools too :D :pac:

Durrty...

Mixed school ftw. I taught in an all girls school last year and the attitude they had towards boys was strange. It was like they were otherworldly or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

that's why you got kicked out of the boys school then:P

I wish i went to a mixed school , oh well

I've always been in a mixed-sex school and the idea of having a girl just be your friend is still foreign to me. :pac:

Davidius wrote: »
    I've always been in a mixed-sex school and the idea of having a girl just be your friend is still foreign to me. :pac:

It's a different kind of friendship though. For example, don't nudge her with your elbow, point to another girl, wink and say "would ya?". Tends not to go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

You can't trust girls under 17 with sex. They don't understand the difficulties of having a pregnancy so they don't ever tell you when they are having "THE DAY".

Be careful like I was and you'll have no problems kids.

That a loada crap!
    yes some peole under 17 are stupid about sex but not most and lads can be just as bad!I for one had sex while underage and i generally used two types of protection so dont generalise.

This is where I get lost. Can you explain?

Didn't see this. You are confused, aren't ya?

It's like a male friend, that may not be into guyish stuff, and has a pair of bewbz.

bewbz.

Interesting.

Durrty...

Oi, mind outta the gutter you ;)
    that's why you got kicked out of the boys school then:P

I wish i went to a mixed school , oh well

LOL. No chatbox, I wasn't...I left when it was time to go to secondary :p
    janeybabe wrote: »
    Mixed school ftw. I taught in an all girls school last year and the attitude they had towards boys was strange. It was like they were otherworldly or something.

Lol. I came up with a great reply to that, but for fear of bannage I shall keep it to be mine! :D (congrats on the new modship btw!)

Yeah I remember that idea back in 6th class..ah... fun times. (girls are still alien!)
    >_>
    <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

It's a different kind of friendship though. For example, don't nudge her with your elbow, point to another girl, wink and say "would ya?". Tends not to go down well.

Half the guys I'm friends with will say just that to me!
    I felt like that but thing is it was the language barrier. In like sixth class and such they asked me had I "shifted "(I hate that word) a girl .
    I didn't know what they were on about it so I said no thinking it meant the whole way .Thing is I did when I was five or six . Just look back and laugh at what a load of BS it was.

I was asked about 2 weeks into first "are you a fridget?". I had not got a clue what she were talking about and asked her what she was talkign about! She then spread the word that I didn't know what this meant and that I also had never kissed anyone. She was a b*tch. :)

• Advertisement

Can be, depends! - One of my best mates (female) is bisexual - the two of us are at that the whole time :D

lol fonpokno :D Wimmin, eh! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Not his biggest fan but Des Bishop does a brilliant sketch about our very eleqouent sex talk;

"Did ya ride her? I ****in' burst her!"

Theres another one about shifting her but its more a visual thing he does for it.

Bishop has it down to a tee :)

Interesting.

Dude, they're AWESOME! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yeah... maybe it is is a more urban thing that being a virgin in school is weird.
    I don;t really know why, maybe you culchies are just more relaxed toward the whole thing
    We have ... alternatives! >_>

/dreams of sheep :pac:

More seriously, I would agree with those who said that people who go to mixed schools tend to have healthier attitudes to the opposite sex, and less hang-ups ... though it by no means applies to all (and even though CM seems to have a hankering after the fun he could have had in an all boys school!! :pac: :D)

I was lucky enough to go to a secondary where the ratio was about 2:1 female:male ... apart from the obvious advantages of that, it was a great mix in other ways ... plenty of lads around to have the craic with, but not top-heavy enough for the usual macho bs to build up.

I would actually kind of agree with cson when he says don't get all het-up about it or take it all too seriously, and enjoy yourself while you're young ... you'll have plenty of time to be serious and responsible later on, and probably a family to raise, and lots of other committments.

At the same time, I would say do what YOU want to do WHEN you want to do it, and don't let anyone pressure you or goad you into doing something you don't want to do or you're not ready for.

At first glance, those two philosophies may seem contradictory, but if you think about it, in actual fact they're not.

I would also echo boney about being prepared and responsible and having safe sex, obviously.

Also a wee bit of advice from my own experience ... care more about what the other person is getting out of it than what you are, and it will end up that you both enjoy yourself a lot more.

Gl;hf! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Listen to randy, his avatar knows :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Single sex schools can be dangerous,
    I heard that last year at the local convents Debs the girls were ditching their dates and "meeting" eachother :pac:

Funny what a bit of drink does to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

fonpokno wrote: »
    "are you a fridget?".
    :D
    Ahh the memories of that being a big deal...

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I heard that last year at the local convents Debs the girls were ditching their dates and "meeting" eachother :pac:

PICS OR GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You can't trust girls under 17 with sex. They don't understand the difficulties of having a pregnancy so they don't ever tell you when they are having "THE DAY".

Be careful like I was and you'll have no problems kids.

Don't be silly. Do you think most girls over 17 and under -say- 25 understand the dificulties of a pregnancy? Also the girls out there who know THE DAY exactly are few and far between.

• Advertisement

Lol. I came up with a great reply to that, but for fear of bannage I shall keep it to be mine! :D (congrats on the new modship btw!)

Yeah I remember that idea back in 6th class..ah... fun times. (girls are still alien!)
    >_>
    <_<

Thanks!

Risk bannage tbh! I need to know!

God wouldn't you hate to be back in 6th class now! The politics!

Advertisement