Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N9 Carlow Bypass-when will it open?

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Thats what the contract says but I'd say Spring 12 months and it should be open, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

I wouldnt hold your breath. there has been very little done on it in the last month and from what i see alot of the bridge and culvert structures havent even been started yet. My guess is Q3 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

The only reason they are not working on it is builders hols! The full route (Kilcullen - Waterford) is due to open in Q4 2010 if not sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭sk8board

fitzyshea wrote: »
    The full route (Kilcullen - Waterford) is due to open in Q4 2010 if not sooner.

but the carlow - kilcullen/Priory section is due to open BEFORE that date correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dirtybarry

as far as i remember they started work on the kilcullen to carlow section around february 2008,i hadn't been in the area until last week when i deceided to drive the route to see how it is progressing..i have to say i was mightily impressed with the progress that has been made in this time.i would say they will be well ahead of schedule on this project

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I dunno lads I think they are booting along with this. Was chatting to one of the contractors and he reckons about 3 months ahead at the mo for the Powerstown to Kilcullen section. Just think how much easier life will be for the commuters travelling 120KPH from Carlow to Naas... can't wait.......cant wait..... job + life = much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

I have to say as a regular Dublin commuter (at least twice a week) it will be great. It already is alot better than it used to be with the M7 and M50 now pretty much finished. 3 months ahead sounds about right but just remember how long it took for the carlow bypass to open after they handed it over to the council!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭patrickc

it will be great I can't wait. sure how long is the new link road sitting finished but not open in Carlow, the one that comes out on the Hacketstown road

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

patrickc wrote: »
    it will be great I can't wait. sure how long is the new link road sitting finished but not open in Carlow, the one that comes out on the Hacketstown road

Not quite finished I thinks. It hasn't joined up with the ex-N9 yet and the Pal road is still closed between GreenAcres and town. I thought there were some outstanding issues which are preventing completion.

Re the M9 it looks like they'll be ahead of schedule alright. They seem to have most (not all) of the bridges up along the back roads and they've started excavations for the joinup at Kilcullen. But before they join up they have to divert the N9 to the Athy-Kilcullen road west of the current slip road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭sk8board

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Not quite finished I thinks. It hasn't joined up with the ex-N9 yet and the Pal road is still closed between GreenAcres and town. I thought there were some outstanding issues which are preventing completion.

isn't that the link road that came up 50 yards short as they didn't realise they didn't CPO the last field? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

you are correct sir! i think thats why the pal road is still close....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Here's one for ya'l.

When driving on this road and a car is approaching on the other side, do you dip your lights? Ive had a few people flash me (their lights that is) for not dipping my lights but I dont see the point seen as there is two lanes and concrete wall between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Depends really on where you are on the road as there is some spots on the road where you can really be blinded by the oncoming traffics lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Here's one for ya'l.

When driving on this road and a car is approaching on the other side, do you dip your lights? Ive had a few people flash me (their lights that is) for not dipping my lights but I dont see the point seen as there is two lanes and concrete wall between us.

Think about that logically!
    Of course you dim the lights! It's just as blinding you know. Have noticed this on the bypass quite a bit. And I have flashed because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

In those circumstances I always judge it that if you can see their headlights, then I dip mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

i concur with hugoirl, if i can see yours you can definitely see mine!

Advertisement