Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I Have, I Can, and I Will Run!

Options
  • 10-12-2008 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

They say God loves a trier, so here I am...

Stats:
    Female: 21
    Height: 5'6’’
    Weight: 9st

Background:
    Used to run competitive athletics (5-18yrs). As you can see there, it ceased when I went to college. Won't go into the reasons (...or should I say excuses if I'm being honest here, but no turning back time now!) So I'v since graduated/in the working world and find myself with alot of time on my hands after work so thought there's no more a perfect opportunity to get fit again, since it's depleted to 0% after a three year sedentary lifestyle!
    Hopefully this log/ye inspirational and dedicated folk here will keep me in check/motivated..

Aim:
    To achieve a basic level of fitness with the intent of further running/races.

Plan:
    Signed up for the Ballycotton ‘10’: March 8th 2009 =>~12weeks of training!

Goal:
    To finish sub 1hr 30min.

Programme:
    Hal Higdons 10mile Novice.

Training so far...
    Monday: Stretch and Strengthen.
    =>Fail.
    Need to get a weights programme together.

Tuesday: 2miles.
    =>Check.
    Time: 19.32

Wednesday: 30minute crosstraining.
    =>Check.
    20minutes on crosstrainer and 1Ominutes on bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Best of luck with it,
    you have a target, a plan and motivation so that's a good start anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

hi fast mover
    one thing you'll get on here is plenty of support and the expertise of some very knowledgable people.
    anyway best of luck with your training and log

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi Fast_Mover, you seem very organized and motivated......and you have a fast username.. How could you miss your goal?! :)
    Enjoy the new regime and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

No bother to you ....look forward to reading your progress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Wouldn't you know I got my username from back in the day!:D
    Thanks for all the well wishes though!

Thursday: 2miles.
    =>CHECK-ish
    Ran 1 mile
    Time: 9.02

and 20minutes on the bike. Varied the resistance between 4 and 7 out of 10.

Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day but I'll do my 2miles of running then as I feel guilty for not properly doing it today.
    I'm also thinking of going to Dublin for the weekend to see my college friends, but it's going to interfere with my training schedule and I'd like to keep the ball rolling! (Wow, this brings back memories of when I was teenager and not being able to go anywhere with my friends at weekends/summer months as I was up the country/abroad for competitions!) If I do decide to go I'll still hit the gym and then head up later tomorrow night.
    Oh decisions decisions...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

See you at Ballycotton! Good luck with your own training!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Good luck fast mover. Having just done the HH 10K plan for the Aware run I can give HH the vote of confidence. If you do what it says on the tin you'll be in the mix. Coincidentally I just sent my Ballycotton registration in earlier (hope it makes it through the post by the 16th deadline).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Friday: 2miles.
    1st mile:9.12
    Had to to stop after the first mile as I developed an unmerciful stitch half way though, but wanted to finish the mile!! Was determined to do my two miles so stopped for a breaked and did another mile at 10.34. Not bad considern I walked for abit of the first of it.

Went to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

A good tip I read about dealing with a stitch was to press hard into the area of pain for a few moments. I've tried this at least once and it worked, the pain of the stitch dissipated enough to keep jogging on.

Advertisement