Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek New Movie Footage

• 14-11-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Don't know if this has been posted already, sorry if it has.

http://www.empireonline.com/empireblog/post.asp?id=313

Empire has seen footage from the new movie and it's getting difficult to not be excited about this. Sounds great (as long as you sort of ignore canon but I'm okay with that!)

Apparently the teaser trailer will be out next week :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Didn't read much of that but I did notice the bit where Uhura orders some "Budweiser classics".

Product placement in Star Trek? For Budweiser? D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Goodshape wrote: »
    Didn't read much of that but I did notice the bit where Uhura orders some "Budweiser classics".

Product placement in Star Trek? For Budweiser? D'oh!
    Gah, now im having flashbacks of that awful moment when Will Smith admired his vintage 2005 Converse runners in I, Robot. Took me right out of the film!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

they look *way* too young i hope its not the enterprise ! - ack looks like it does !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The Trailer is showing in front of Bond in the US.

Someone managed to film it on their phone - quality is decent: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GBQyjrRgE4c

It looks fun!

That does look good! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Thanks for the youtube link. It looks great.

I think we're supposed to find the Bud Light bit amusing, but when I heard about it I was very dissappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

There's alot of complaining (not here) about how the backstories have been modified, about how the canon has been ignored...

When will people realise that the canon was exactly what bogged the whole thing down. I mean Tolkien tried his best to have everything in his glorious saga match up perfectly but still there were inconsistencies...and he was just one dude...look at how many other writers were involved with this saga...

Personally I love the fact that Abrams has gone back to basics and madewhat looks like a fun, simple, action drama with lovely effects...it's bascially what the 60s show was all about...

And I think it's awesome that Spock and Kirk duke it out...reminds me of that bit in Cable Guy...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=g82yZXXpxY8&feature=related

And here's the real deal

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhhFzE5O5U&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

haha, in the comments section, 0.55 of the second vid, the tear disappears on kirks jumper.

When will people realise that the canon was exactly what bogged the whole thing down.
    I agree.

Star Trek has has it's day I think. It's run it's course. One of the last things I'd actually want to see now is another film or TV show that's dragging around all the pre-existing baggage; treading on egg-shells around pre-defined race relations or some stupid off-the-cuff vision of the future/past that we saw in episode 15 season 3 of series 4.

But there is a lot of cool **** that worth hanging onto... so I hope this new film is doing that, and loosing the baggage, and giving us a Trek that is actually worth watching.

A reboot done right won't diminish my appreciation of the old stuff :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone know if the trailer is in front of any films in Ireland?

• Advertisement
Advertisement