Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ILoveTechno2008 anyone??

Options
  • 31-10-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is going to ILoveTechno2008, Gent, Belguim??

Seen the lineup not so long ago and i couldnt resist buying a ticket!! Its going to be one not to miss! MGMT, Hot Chip, Boyz noize....unreal!! :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

MGMT are not playing ILT, the klaxons played last year and it was a disaster. there is a post about ILT under the clubbing section

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭brianc27

line ups pretty sh*t for a so called techno festival, theres more french house/electro house nonsense on it then techno, they should really look into a name change at this stage, the only acts im looking forward to are marcel dettman and rob hood

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

i agree that the 'techno' name may be off but that line up is amazing id do anything to be there!!!!! but seemingly electro is a subgenre of techno and not house. but i dont care about subgenres that line up is unbelievable in my eyes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Just wondering if anyone else is going to ILoveTechno2008, Gent, Belguim??

Seen the lineup not so long ago and i couldnt resist buying a ticket!! Its going to be one not to miss! MGMT, Hot Chip, Boyz noize....unreal!! :D:D

are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Haven't been over there in a few years, as the gig has now become known as "I Love everything except Techno". Saw Collabs play a 3 hour live set then - unbelievable. It's not like that any more unfortunately.

djhaxman wrote: »
    Haven't been over there in a few years, as the gig has now become known as "I Love everything except Techno". Saw Collabs play a 3 hour live set then - unbelievable. It's not like that any more unfortunately.

Kinda sick of everyone raggin on ILT. Granted, the music policies changed. Im going to see Kabal und liebe, Booka Shade, Underworld and Richie Hawtin that night - what are u doing, probably nothing!

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Kinda sick of everyone raggin on ILT. Granted, the music policies changed. Im going to see Kabal und liebe, Booka Shade, Underworld and Richie Hawtin that night - what are u doing, probably nothing!

I'm going to keep my money and go to WMC in Miami in March, seeing as you asked! Slightly more enjoyable than a big shed in Belgium.

Oh, a tip for you, beware of the pickpockets in Gent. Thieving ****s

djhaxman wrote: »
    I'm going to keep my money and go to WMC in Miami in March, seeing as you asked! Slightly more enjoyable than a big shed in Belgium.

Oh, a tip for you, beware of the pickpockets in Gent. Thieving ****s

I looked into flights for the WMC- but they seem pretty expensive-mates of mine went last year, Ultra is supposed to be insane. Have u booked flights - how much? Was atILT last yr-didnt notice any pickpocket tho!

hes right though, the line up for ILT the last 3 years have been atrocious compared to previous events, its not a techno event anymore, its a bit of a rave up alright but not a techno event, sure they only gave rob hood a 1 hour set at 5am this year, any techno event worth its salt would of given someone like hood a 2/3 hour set at peak times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 super ted rules

Will swap two left ears for tickets or financial remuneration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

brianc27 wrote: »
    hes right though, the line up for ILT the last 3 years have been atrocious compared to previous events, its not a techno event anymore, its a bit of a rave up alright but not a techno event, sure they only gave rob hood a 1 hour set at 5am this year, any techno event worth its salt would of given someone like hood a 2/3 hour set at peak times.

Flynn Dog is right, i mean it s not like a surprise party called I Love Techno where you discover the line up when you get there. They announce the line up, you read it, if you like it you go, if not you don't! :rolleyes:

I know it s called I Love Techno but this event is going on since 1995 so they kept the name but as the music is evolving and changing so do the line ups.
    There are so many different kind of electronic music at present, so i think it s nice to hold an event where you will find la creme of each scene.

i dissagree, its supposed to be a techno event and such should have an all techno line up, they really should look into a name change at this stage, they are making a mockery of themselves trying to fob it off as a techno event these days.

there is an unbelievable about of ****e at it this year

being honest the electro fellas play quite techno orientated sets there. I remember in 2006 thinking dodgy enough line up but the electro lads were possibly the best of it all.

I do agree its techno in name only.

theres no electro on the i love techno line up

electro house is not electro, they sound nothing alike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I think the radio soulwaxmas thing looks a little better this year. It's being held in Berlin afaik...

Any1 know any decent clubs to go to in Brussels on Fri night? Fuse only seems to be open on Sat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

yeaa , cant wait to have my ears blown off by the finest technoooooo :D
    audion \ boys noize \ umek \ lektroluv \ magda \ clarke - :)))))
    see ye there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Any1 know any decent clubs to go to in Brussels on Fri night? Fuse only seems to be open on Sat....

Check that FLYNN, it s more of a bar than a club but the music is banging!

http://www.myspace.com/barsoixante

Le Soixante
    Rue du Marché au Charbon, 20
    1000 Bruxelles

Very close to Central Station, "Bourse" is the closest metro stop

Enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Lineup's pretty ****ing wack in fairness...

Luckily i'll be playing in Poland that night anyway...

• Advertisement

Lineup's pretty ****ing wack in fairness...

Luckily i'll be playing in Poland that night anyway...

Rob Hood, Magda, Hawtin, Dave Clarke all under one roof is hardly "wack". Broadly its not the best, but its also fashionable to dislike ilt these days ....

rob hood is only playing an hour at the end (fcuking laughable that), dave clarke plays every year and lets be honest hes not what he used to be, its not fashionable to dislike ILT these days, people are starting to dislike it because the line ups have been sh*te the last 2/3 years, any event that books the likes of Tocodisco deserves a good pasting

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Betty Ford

brianc27 wrote: »
    rob hood is only playing an hour at the end (fcuking laughable that), dave clarke plays every year and lets be honest hes not what he used to be, its not fashionable to dislike ILT these days, people are starting to dislike it because the line ups have been sh*te the last 2/3 years, any event that books the likes of Tocodisco deserves a good pasting

so this is where you've been hiding

sorry?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Betty Ford

It's ok your secrets safe with me michael

I looked into flights for the WMC- but they seem pretty expensive-mates of mine went last year, Ultra is supposed to be insane. Have u booked flights - how much? Was atILT last yr-didnt notice any pickpocket tho!

Haven't been in 5 or 6 years myself, and it's gone a lot more commercial than it was back then. Expect to pay Ibiza prices for entrance fees to clubs and drinks etc. Saying that though, it was the best week of my life. Ultra is good alright - one of the stages is set in a big valley, saw Underworld (minus Emerson) there and they were great. Clubs like Opium Garden and Nerve were good too.

You can get flights with Aer Lingus to Orlando for around €360 return which isn't bad. If you are thinking of going, book accomodation early, as places get booked very quickly when the dates are announced.

Getting back on topic, ILT is a good festival, I went 2 years in a row and had good craic both times, but as others have said the lineups over the last couple of years haven't been up to scratch. This years' is better, but there are better festivals out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

what's the story with the amount of females that are like, oh my god, so excited about ilovetechno this year?

Past few times I've been out lately, I've noticed a trend in the female strangers I've met talking about how ilovetechno is gonna be oh my god, so brilliant this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Because it is gonna be loike oh my gaawwwwwd so friccccking brilliant loike.

Advertisement