Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

the boards.ie photography exhibition wild plan I had

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Xios

I'm looking forward to this taking off, It's probably been mentioned in the thread already, but would the DCC allow people to offer sales of their prints, like individuals i mean. And calina, if you print mine, i'll fork out some ching to cover ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I intend to do the prints this weekend or over the next few days.

I am not sure about that - I will probably need to run it past their council.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'm a member there Calina, and would gladly pay any expenses :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Xios wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this taking off, It's probably been mentioned in the thread already, but would the DCC allow people to offer sales of their prints, like individuals i mean.

I will have to check if there is any "official" policy, but the use of the Gallery to sell prints is not encouraged. We do have a members doing Gallery Duty on a Saturday & if the prints were for sale they would take down some contact details & pass them on.

If this exhibition goes ahead, & I hope it does, we will be looking for some of the displayed Photographers to participate in doing some Gallery Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Great to see this is still going ahead, I would be willing to do some gallery time or help in any way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Calina wrote: »
    I intend to do the prints this weekend or over the next few days.

I am not sure about that - I will probably need to run it past their council.

How is the printing going?

The Council Meeting is next Thursday 6th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

happily pay some coin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

ThOnda wrote: »
    You have my permission to print mine photo. And I would like to pay for that print.

+1 on both points from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

psssst, this is the exhibition thread.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Folks,

I'm finalising the "this is what we do" print selection for DCC right now. I've found that a load of you have only provided 500-800 pixel wide images to the flickr group. This is fine and dandy - I understand the rationale, truly.

I could do with a couple of more photographs, to be printed A4 size. If those of you who have 500pixel wide images online could maybe email me something that's worth printing in A4 size it would be good. I only need three or four but the prints have to be handed over this week so tonight or tomorrow during the day would be good. I'd be grateful.

PM me for an email address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I am very interested, PM sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fazeal

Hi everyone, i've been following this thread for sometime but was pretty much tied up by office work and was unable to participate in any of these activities, i think this is a great idea.

And as per Dakar was saying that if there is any space left, i too would like to participate but only on the discretion of the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Is it possible to have an update on this, please.

I have a larger dpi size of the photo I contributed and could still upload a version in a larger size now that I've joined Pix.ie.

Please see the new thread in the Stickies ;)

[panto on] It's above you [/panto off]

Advertisement