Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Students] Buy a Mac, get a free iPod (and 10% discount too!)

• 17-09-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

They had this last year, and it's back.
    Buy a Mac from the Apple Education store (also getting a 10% discount), and you get a rebate on an iPod. The rebate you get depends on the value of the mac, but for the most basic macbook, you get a new 8GB iPod Nano, including engraving for €14.

In total, that's a new Macbook & a new 8GB iPod Nano with engraving, all for €1078.
    I promise you won't beat that any other time of year.

http://store.apple.com/ie-edu/browse/campaigns/back_to_school

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

I think you mean 8GB iPod Nano, not Shuffle.

The rebate applies to the iPod Nano and the iPod Touch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Why does free cost €14 :eek: , or did i read it wrong

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Mossy, you're right, post edited, thanks.
    Yoyo, its free when you buy a top-end mac, but €14 for a >€100 iPod still isn't bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

New macbooks are rumored to be coming out soon (early October). So you might want to wait until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A good deal, thank OP

But remember, new macbooks are going to be announced, most likely on October 14th.
    So say this offer is to shift old stock ;)

But it's a good deal too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I'd guess by the time the new macbooks arrive ths offer will be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

amull87 wrote: »
    I'd guess by the time the new macbooks arrive ths offer will be over!

I would bet on the same thing TBH:rolleyes:

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I would bet on the same thing TBH:rolleyes:

Apple do this offer every year, it has nothing to do with shifting old stock. I can take you up on that bet if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Also if your campus has an Apple campus rep you will get a few extra spandangos off the price of the unit too. As well as the offer on the ipod nano or touch.

Should enquire as to whether you have one or not in your college worth at least €40 back in your pocket even with the core macbook for €999.

If your a DIT student you can contact this guy ditapplerep@gmail.com with questions

Is that €40 off in addition to the educaion store pricing (Base macbook on edu store is €938.96)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

micmclo wrote: »
    A good deal, thank OP

But remember, new macbooks are going to be announced, most likely on October 14th.
    So say this offer is to shift old stock ;)

But it's a good deal too
    The offer is available until October 31st though. I guess you could wait until the 14th and get the best of both worlds.

Honestly, considering they didn't announce new macs at the September event, I'm not holding my breath (at least not until WWDC next year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone know if it's possible to pay over an extended period? Say, a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Dave! wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's possible to pay over an extended period? Say, a year?

Taking the cost of an ipod away from this 'bargain' still leaves a price of over 900euro for the macbook. Considering the specs of the machine, this does not represent a bargain.

Rumours suggest that Apple may be introducing a new 'aggressive' - and badly needed- price point in October along with the redesign so that's worth waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Is that €40 off in addition to the educaion store pricing (Base macbook on edu store is €938.96)?

Its €40 off in addition to the edu discount.

DIT students get the basic macbook for €899 and the same deal on an ipod nano or touch.

Advertisement