Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Might as well give this a bash too:

Ahoy there!!

I'm Catherine, 22, work in a bank. (It's actually fun, I assure you!:D). I'll be starting bank college at night soon. (NERD!!!:o) I'm from Dublin. Have two/three tattoos, and a handful of piercings, although not as many as I'd like!

:pac:Likes: Piercings and tattoos, chocolate, puppies, boards.ie.
    :mad:Dislikes: When the internet doesn't work, the restricted internet access in work, elderly angry bank customers.

WLTM male 22-30, NS, GSOH, enjoys pina coladas and covering puppies in chocolate, for friendship and maybe more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

why would anyone wanna cover puppies in chocolate? it's bad for em

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

LOL!! Puppies and chocolate are two of my favourite things! I thought that combined they'd be superfantastic!!! Unfortunately I was wrong, which is why my puppy is going to have a bath now :( And I've got to stop her from trying to lick herself!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ha ha impossible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Will wrote: »
    why would anyone wanna cover puppies in chocolate? it's bad for em

Why would anyone want to kill cats? :rolleyes: :p

• Advertisement

Will kills cats?:confused:

you must be the only one who doesn't know...even the ispca or whatever were onto him.....

Not entirely true statement above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I'm Richard, 20, work in a call centre and am starting a Sound Engineering course soon.
    I have 2 tattoos, and got my 11th piercing today (right nipple).

Last night I had a nightmare in which I accidentally shaved off my beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Hello.

I'm Tasha.

18!

I have 10 piercings!

Dying to get the back of my neck done!!!

2 tattoos.

Go to Dit [well i will be in 2 weeks] and i Love To Gig!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

tasha1 wrote: »
    i Love To Gig!!!

Giggin aye?
    Also a pasion of mine. :)
    What do you play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I'm Ian, I'm 27 and I make websites for a living. Used to have a bunch of piercings, but they are all gone (I worked as a doorman for a while a few years back. Piercings are a bit dangerous to have on the door.) But I am still picking up tattoos when I have the cash spare.

I have one kid (A boy, Ryan) and I'm taller than you (6'5"/2m).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

tasha1 wrote: »
    Go to Dit [well i will be in 2 weeks] and i Love To Gig!!!

which DIT? mountjoy square ftw!

emmm... im ni, (rhymes with knee, not nigh), big fan of the mighty boosh, and elbow, who, you may or may not be aware of yet... picked me out in the crowd, thanked me by name for coming to see them, and dedicated one of my favourite songs to me.... right now... that's just the only thing that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

emmm... im ni, (rhymes with knee, not nigh)

http://niagain.ytmnd.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fashionfreak

Hi all,
    I'm Joanne,22. I'm a total newbie just joined!
    I'm a dress designer from leitrim.
    Have 7 piercings and 2 tatoos but of course I want MORE!!
    Heres a pic of me getting my 2nd tattoo in krabi, thailand.
    SNV30334.JPG
    Hoping to get my third quite soon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Like the look on your face, you look so happy with it :D
    Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭joey100

May as well put up a post here too, First post up in this section but been lookin at it for a while now.

My name is joey,I'm 24 and from dublin, work as a youth worker.

Have seven tattoos (mostly small ones) and goin in to start my sleeve this friday once i can get the time off work (hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fashionfreak

Yes was very happy indeed,
    Had drunkenly drawn it the night before on a napkin!
    Really liked it the next day so a few tweaks and i went for it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Josie_dub

My names Joanne, posted only once in body mod. I'm a lurker in show you mine always looking for inspiration. Have only one tattoo myself, got when I was 15 (19 now) thank god its a nice celtic symbol I still love, the frame of mind I was in back then it could have been very bad. Did have my eyebrow pierced but had to take it out because of a job let it close and still have a lovely little scar 3 years on.
    Really want another tattoo now, I was thinking Hope in chinese symbol because I think without hope I wouldn't have much in life but I'd love something other than chinese writing something a bit different, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

Hi, I'm Claire, originally from Derry but the gorgeous Donegal is my home now.

Been lurking the forum for a while and finally got my ass in gear to join up, only posted a couple of times but always read everything!!

I have 6 tats & 2 piercings. I've a 21 year old daughter who has 2 tats as well & my hubby has 20 something tats, lost count a while back!! :)

Want loads more tats & maybe a few more piercings, money time etc the only hold up so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

\o/ Donegal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

\o/ Donegal!

You miss home honi?? :(

I couldnt leave here now, its just the best place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

which DIT? mountjoy square ftw!

emmm... im ni, (rhymes with knee, not nigh), big fan of the mighty boosh, and elbow, who, you may or may not be aware of yet... picked me out in the crowd, thanked me by name for coming to see them, and dedicated one of my favourite songs to me.... right now... that's just the only thing that matters.

i was there crumble .... over to the right of the stage, thinking to myself thats one dedicated fan, comin all the way from new zealand. thought it was pretty rockin of your man guy garvey to manage to pick ya out and how cool it must feel to have him get everyone clapping. all for you

You miss home honi?? :(

I couldnt leave here now, its just the best place to live.

Nah not really, I miss the people, my friends from up there, but I've a whole heap of new friends down here, a lovely gf, a **** job, and I actually like it in Dublin now, although I never thought I would...

If I could afford somewhere near the sea though I'd be in heaven :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Purely because im bored.... I lurk a lot in here... should start posting more!

I'm Claire, I'm 21, from NZ and have been living in Dublin for a year now... I've 2 Tattoos and 4 (do I count each ear as 1?!?) Piercings, will definitely be getting more tattoo's somewhere down the line!!

Will is also my sekrit love-ah. Just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

longshanks wrote: »
    i was there crumble .... over to the right of the stage, thinking to myself thats one dedicated fan, comin all the way from new zealand. thought it was pretty rockin of your man guy garvey to manage to pick ya out and how cool it must feel to have him get everyone clapping. all for you

dude... im still in shock. and floating. and... just... whooooaaaaaaa....:pac::D

Cmol wrote: »
    Purely because im bored.... I lurk a lot in here... should start posting more!

I'm Claire, I'm 21, from NZ and have been living in Dublin for a year now... I've 2 Tattoos and 4 (do I count each ear as 1?!?) Piercings, will definitely be getting more tattoo's somewhere down the line!!

Will is also my sekrit love-ah. Just so you know.
    Hello Claire, are you new? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Righto... I'm Nic, 22 years old, just graduated from college in Cork and soon to be moving up to Dublin to work which I am very very excited about :) have a bunch of piercings and no tattoos but that's set to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I'm Claire, 24, from and living in Dublin. Keeping busy at the moment working LONG hours for not enough money but I love my jobs so can't complain really.:D I trained as a dancer but somehow ended up running a pet boutique and website. I DJ too but have always been mad into music and radio so thats not surprising.

I currently have six piercings and two tattoos. Only one more piercing planned but a LOT of ink.

I enjoy cupcakes, long walks on the beach, dancing my ass off and doing new stuff. :p

pffft dont plan piercings...just get them:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

pffft dont plan piercings...just get them:)

I don't know if that was sarcasm but that's what I tend to do these days :(

Advertisement