Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GMIT Cbar

• 28-08-2002 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know when this is opening up again ??

Any idea of numbers for this year ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

16th, the brother is there and that is what he was saying during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

i go there, its been open all summer really but the earliest college starts back is the ninth i think, back on the 16 myself.

have to do part of second yr programming again.... oops. :)

r u goin there fish?
    and whos your brother yop? i know a fair few up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Went there for two years. Miss the place <sniff>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Went there for 5 years <sniff>:(<sniff>

and yes Eamo...I am a show off :D

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Went ther for three years whn the college was young and virtually empty, when you could get all the lab time you wanted and phobos was doing Engineering or somesuch :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Ahh ****e yea feckers are comming back....

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    and phobos was doing Engineering or somesuch :p
    For that I will give you some marks, but not all :) (you stalker :p)

I did Electronic Engineering when I started but later realised it wasn't for me. Two members of staff recommended that I would be a good candidate for Software Development, so I applied for a transfer and Galway (head centre) analysed & granted it. Now I have my degree, and I'm outta there like a shot. 5 years is waay too long in that college, but some of the staff are really sound.

;-phobos-)

Awww c'mon Wes, we all know ya loved it and remember, I know where you live

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i am in college there now. i am information technology support course.

its an ok college.the staff are real nice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey Thanx 4 The Fish,

who are you?

Al.

• Advertisement

Do ya not recall asking me this a while ago young Al ?

Originally posted by hacktavist
    Ahh ****e yea feckers are comming back....

Was considering it alright, but just for a Diploma by night, work will pay for anything if I ask nicely..

Just in case Al starts asking around, say nothing lads...

Breath in...

Hold it...and repeat after me Mark Hubbard!, you are indeed a muppet

That's is who our masked fiend is Al :rolleyes:

Mark I thought you already had a Diploma. Contrary to popular belief you shouldn't have to earn it twice just be allowed in to the graduation ceremony. Just wear some clothes and give Creaner a shout :D

Apart from all that how are things dude?. Will you be invading Galway, since I've managed to save another fine soul from C'bar (a Mr. Quinlan).

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

Yeah did the diploma in information technology last year! they were asking us to go back for the degree next year (2003) but i can't see it happening for me got a job now (money is sweet)
    i was talking to one of my lecturers last week she said the requirments for computing have gone down to the minimum!!!
    wonder how creaner and mulhern are handling it!!!!!

:cool:

Originally posted by xern
    wonder how creaner and mulhern are handling it!!!!! :cool:
    This truly is a wonderful question :)

I doubt any of them are happy, especially Mulhern. O'Shea will not go back there, or else have nothing to do with the new recruits. O'Shea only likes to hear things that challenge his mind.

Could you imagine a first year turning around to him and saying something like "Brian!, I don't think my compiler is plugged in". Brian would pick up all those little bits of paper he's torn up while lecturing, and see's if he can make them smaller. Or else he would hide out in the photocopying room for another while.

If a student said that to Crean, he'd probably be ringing the technicians asking them to install a compiler in the machine. So with that Terrence looks around his office until he finds a lovely compiler with a PCI interface, and heads down to the lab, and with cocky look and one foul swoop, slots it in to the floppy drive, and heads off to lunch. :D

Yes folks there is a few odd ones in that college, it would explain why every student has the privilages to format every drive partition in a machine, but thanks be to god if they tried to do something mallicious like "change the time", they wouldn't be able. :rolleyes:

;-phobos-)

Am doing alright young Fuzzy. The diploma I am considering doing is a follow on, there are a number that can be done up there that were not part of the course I completed. Since leaving I have done a few of them and received Diplomas from whatever the national awarding body is for same. Is a handy way to waste the cold nights in the winter and also beefs up the CV.

I may well see the beautiful shores of Salthill again soon, but if I do and you call me a muppah again, I will rip off your testes and put them where your eyes used to be.:p

Look after Quinlan, he is not used to the big smoke and could easily be taken advantage of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Lo Mark,
    Do ya not recall asking me this a while ago young Al ?

Nope, I do not recall... however, my ability to recall such things makes goldfish look good.

Al.

Is a handy way to waste the cold nights in the winter and also beefs up the CV.
    Look after Quinlan, he is not used to the big smoke and could easily be taken advantage of :)
    Indeed it does, good stuff, you neglected to mention that the last time I was talking to yez :)

As for Eamo, he'll be fine. He's got plenty to keep him busy up here. Personally I give the guy a few months, before he starts lecturing (the force is strong in that one).

It's going to be good, coz this is the first time I'll been a student in my home city, and I've managed to tag a few peons from C'bar with me. Lunacy abounds ;)

;-phobos-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You're all muppets - just wanted to add that.

GMIT Castlebar - grand place. Suffered from it's lack of size, but also managed to sheak a few things in there that other colleges wouldn't :)

Now with added Nurses - swish :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Seems 1/2 of GMIT lives here FFS!!

'tis changed since we were there god bless it, full of young ones wearing gstrings with tight asses!! fuc, I want to go back!!

I hear their sys admin is a genius!! Poor lad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Young ones with tight asses and g-strings, eh? ;)

You know, there's a music course going on (started this year) that I might consider doing next year :p

But after a year, they'll hardly be tight any more... :(

Ah well...

I'm mates with Gary who's head tech for Letterfrack and Castlebar and he's had "fun" with the network in Castlebar (and that's all I'm willing to say cause Gary's sound and he might want to keep his job).

Is Terence up there still ? He was a bit mad for the auld admin...
    I still see him around town but dunno what he is doing anymore...

Is there many more from GMIT c'bar on Boardsie ?

Who went, what year/course etc ??

You needn't bother Aidan Gill or should I continue calling you Yop ?

Last edited by Thanx 4 The Fish on 1-02-2002 at 12:36
    Last edited by Thanx 4 The Fish on 1-11-2002 at 12:36
    Last edited by Thanx 4 The Fish on 2-02-2002 at 12:45

He is still there alright - acting the twat from what I hear, tried his hand at lecturing and they got him put off the course as he was so bad, could not learn never mind been teach!!!

As for telling.. that is why we have id's!!! feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

I had him for about a month in first year, absolutely useless when it came to lecturing.

That was last year?? I hear some class reported him for been a waste of space!! we nearly - he was crap as a student could see no improvement as a worker!"!! He would sh*t the kacks if u asked him a good question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Must have heard him say 'i'll get back to you on that' about a hundred times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TopGun

hey you bitches ,hows da craic horse, This college kicks ass. Im in my 3rd year business and its mad criac,we already had sinead o conner and christy moore :rolleyes: here last week,so we'r off to a ok start.:D

And just to make things even better Smilies (Eoin mac donagh)Mother comes Up FOR A FEW NITES OF ENTERTAINING:eek: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Evening all,

I'm here in the GMIT aswell, doing second year programming (for the second time! :rolleyes:) It's not too bad up here...if you actually had an interest in what you were supposed to be studying!
    This is my third year here and the craic is pretty good, I have to admit! Although at the moment I get to see more of the canteen than the inside of the lecture halls. (Know what I mean Panda?) :p

Anybody else around the GMIT in C'bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Okie, who the hell are you ya big freak? damn weirdos....

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by Panda
    Okie, who the hell are you ya big freak? damn weirdos....

:p

I was wondering when you would reply to me....and now.......finally..........after all these years!!

Not a phone call, not a letter, not ANYTHING!!! I've been worried sick.

The kids have been asking questions.......and as for my mother, well let's just say she was right!!

Damn weirdos.........:p

Advertisement