Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Concrete Sheds

• 25-08-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a concrete shed put in my back garden to run up the side...roughly 24ft long x 8ft wide. Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost? I should be just inside area for not requiring planning???

Its just as a workshop/storage area, so the roof doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive (Nordman tilesheet is sufficient). I could probably even do the electrics myself, but if it was it would only be a few sockets and a few strip lights. No Windows and just a roller shutter door or double doors at one end.

Are there places available that can do this to size? I've heard about precast ones that would be in & out in a day...is this possible?

I had a look at Johnstown Garden Centre and they say they can do it in a day, but they look expensive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a concrete shed put in my back garden to run up the side...roughly 24ft long x 8ft wide. Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost? I should be just inside area for not requiring planning???

Its just as a workshop/storage area, so the roof doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive (Nordman tilesheet is sufficient). I could probably even do the electrics myself, but if it was it would only be a few sockets and a few strip lights. No Windows and just a roller shutter door or double doors at one end.

Are there places available that can do this to size? I've heard about precast ones that would be in & out in a day...is this possible?

I had a look at Johnstown Garden Centre and they say they can do it in a day, but they look expensive

What exactly do they do in a day and at what price?
    What prep work do u need to have done?
    Do u have access for a precast to be delivered?

What is ur budget?
    Where are u located?

In Mayo at the mo 25k will get u a nice shed that is just on the 25sqm limit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ircoha wrote: »

What is ur budget?
    Where are u located?

you need to put in a concrete base for them and they supply and fit the whole thing in a day

I have a 7ft wide entrance to my house so not sure if this is big enough

for 25k does that shed come with gold door handles?

Budget yet to be decided and I'm in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    you need to put in a concrete base for them and they supply and fit the whole thing in a day

I have a 7ft wide entrance to my house so not sure if this is big enough

for 25k does that shed come with gold door handles?

Budget yet to be decided and I'm in Naas

I know the ones in Johnstown Gdn Centre and they are expensive compared to others if i remember correctly.

There is a guy in Tyrone that does them i think. The name he used to go by was Gemini Engineering in dungannon. I can find out his number but i'm not sure about the fact that he's in the North, maybe it's too far away. On the plus side, the sterling is v weak at the min!!!

I saw €25k mentioned, and i nearly fell off my seat. I think the Johnstown ones run around 15k or so. Personally i'd say its worth 10k at the most otherwise it'd have a blockbuilt with Nordman or Metrotile tiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 williamsrk

i dont know where 25k came from but even 10 k i do sheds garages and the like with block and slates and for that sise i would be ashamed to give a quote for 10k more like 7-8 k from foundations up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

Im building one at the moment with a large window and a pvc door slabed, taped, elc, small toilet,stud to split it and a plastered for 15,000 in Dublin but with them prices Im thinking of moving to Mayo.
    Yeha lets pack the bags lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

ircoha wrote: »

What is ur budget?
    Where are u located?

What did he mean by 25sqm limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

sm3ar wrote: »
    What did he mean by 25sqm limit?

Up to 25 sq metres is planning exempt, depending on certain factors.

Once you go beyond you've got to hope the jealous neighbours aren't recreational planning objectors

Advertisement