Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullslinebacker

carlty888 wrote: »
    This is (hopefully) third time lucky for me. Failed the A/C in C11. Passed the A/C and went through the vetting/medical process in C13 (Passed both, but not placed high enough in the merit list for placement).
    As for C14..... Passed the A/C, sent vetting forms off and now just waiting for the merit list. :o

Hey Carlty,

I'm still waiting on word from C13. Do you mind me asking what your merit number was? Feel free to PM me, i only found out what mine was today and it has got me worried!!!

Thanks buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 WEE SCOT

Griffer2 wrote: »
    Has anyone that has sent off vetting forms got word back about tattoo's they may have yet?? i know sometimes they ask for photo's and was just curious if they had heard anything
    I have not heard anything back about my tattoos but was quite detailed as to description and location - I'm half way through getting mine removed though - don't know if that makes a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

Griffer2 wrote: »
    Has anyone that has sent off vetting forms got word back about tattoo's they may have yet?? i know sometimes they ask for photo's and was just curious if they had heard anything

Hey Griffer2,

i havent heard anything either about my tattoo's. Maybe im completley wrong, but i was thinking that they would possibly be checked at the medical..... as with the rest of this process, who knows???

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Tattoo's are fine unless they are Paramilitary or likely to call into question your impartiality..i.e. having a Tricolour or Union Jack, you know the type..or they are over sized when in short sleeved uniform.

I have one on my shoulder (not one like those mentioned above;)) and it was never checked by photo or during my medical, although the doctor had me stripped down to my boxers she never mentioned my tattoo..

Unless you have Crossed armalites on your back or UDA across your chest or one on your face, I think you'll be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

no word back on my tattoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

i know what vetting is....but what checks are actually done with all the information we have provided and why exactly can it take so long for some candidates??

i know that some people will have to put more information on the form, so does it mean the more information you have to enclose, the longer it will take??

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question

FM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Anyone out there who had an August AC who has received Vetting forms?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

faceman08 wrote: »
    i know what vetting is....but what checks are actually done with all the information we have provided and why exactly can it take so long for some candidates??

i know that some people will have to put more information on the form, so does it mean the more information you have to enclose, the longer it will take??

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question

FM

I don't really know enough to answer your first question, but as regards to 'more information more time' i would say this. If all the addresses in the vetting are within northern ireland, it'll be much quicker!
    It seems that once the vetting gets handed over to another police force, it starts to take longer.

(I've two siblings been living in across the water for the guts of the last 10 years so I'm quite depressed about the time my vetting might take.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

i've one living in london and another who lived in america for 5 years!!

Mine is gonna take forever :( on the plus side might get to go in with your grandchildren in C56 though!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

I lived in England for a short period (6month) and my partner is English and most of his addresses are there so I'm feeling a little down about my vetting too, God knows how long mine will take :( Oh not to mention my brother living in Czech Republic for a while! :pac:

Since my vetting has been sent off I've just been trying to focus on getting fitter for a medical if I am fortunate enough to get one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

it takes so long if you have lived of have family elsewhere simply because the local police are asked for info, so if you are from down south the psni will contact gardai for all the prudent info, this is low priority for the local forces so they will take their sweet time getting the info back! i've a cousin whose gardai vetting took 18months due to greater manchester police taking ages to get back his details to the gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

pb999 wrote: »
    it takes so long if you have lived of have family elsewhere simply because the local police are asked for info, so if you are from down south the psni will contact gardai for all the prudent info, this is low priority for the local forces so they will take their sweet time getting the info back! i've a cousin whose gardai vetting took 18months due to greater manchester police taking ages to get back his details to the gardai

Does anyone know if you can live in Donegal and join the police if selected

I have honestly no clue, I'd imagine you could if you could drive over the border to wherever you were stationed. Recruitment would be able to give you a definite answer on that one, your best bet would be to ring them.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

Yes, that is allowed.

How long does it take for your vetting forms to come after hearing that you have passed the assessment centre stage. I understand that they do a credit search on you aswell. If you had your home repossesed would that go against you in your vetting even if you had no issues with the security end of the check?

No hard and fast rule on the vetting forms. You may get them within a few weeks, you may not.

On the other issue, Having a house re-possessed is one thing. If you have been bankrupt and were or still are in major financail diffs then this may go against you as technically it may have the potential to make you open to bribes etc.
    You would really need to ring the Vetting department for answers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

I'm still waiting on vetting forms :(
    The boss (girlfriend) did hers the same day and has had hers already.
    Many others still waiting?

regtgunner wrote: »

I did mine just over 2 weeks ago and havent got them. When did you do yours?

Still waiting on my vetting forms. Got word on saturday that i had passed a/c. Hope i get them soon as i'm sh****ng myself now. Want to get this done asap. :confused:

Want to get this done asap. :confused:

Not gonna happen.
    Buckle up, you're in for the long haul!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rugby_blonde

Im waiting Sadie and I got word I'd past last Month!!

Im waiting Sadie and I got word I'd past last Month!!

Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully it all works out. :D :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

Think it was 9th july ish, at least once the merit numbers come out I can see if i'm in with a chance. If not police on the mainland it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Think it was 9th july ish, at least once the merit numbers come out I can see if i'm in with a chance. If not police on the mainland it is!

i done mine donkeys ago aswell, cnt member the date lol but i no it was the day bush was here and still havent got them, not even thinking about it tbh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

phoned vetting and have been told it's passed:):):) it's only taken 9 months , going to head on over to the waiting room now and keep fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

phoned vetting and have been told it's passed:):):) it's only taken 9 months , going to head on over to the waiting room now and keep fingers crossed

About time :) I'll have to give them a ring and see if they have any good news for me:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chatterbox08

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know wehn we will be able to find out our merit number for C14? Very tempted to ring recruitment and ask, but imagine it will probably be a while before the list is compiled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know wehn we will be able to find out our merit number for C14? Very tempted to ring recruitment and ask, but imagine it will probably be a while before the list is compiled?

I rang the other day and the girl said it would be sept before its ready but she didn't say if it would be the begining or end of sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

owen1976 wrote: »
    I rang the other day and the girl said it would be sept before its ready but she didn't say if it would be the begining or end of sept.

I got told it would be the end of September.

For those of you who have received vetting forms..... I have been told that these will only be processed if your merit number is high enough up the list. The PSNI are only trying to be proactive by sending out forms ahead of the merit list. The girl I was speaking to gave no indication as to whether forms were sent to high scorers in the A/C, or purely at random. I guess we're still in the dark on that one. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Hi folks, its been a while since ive been on as im trying to forget about it to ease the wait.

I did my a/c on the 12 June and told i passed on the 24th July and i still have not had vetting forms yet. Were as a friend of mine got vetting forms 2 weeks after his a/c.

Just wondered if anyone is in the same boat as myself and if anyone had any ideas to why i have not recieved vetting forms?

Also is there anyone you can ring to ask the question? Have i been forgotten about?:confused:

Advertisement