Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

02 customer care delays-1909

• 13-08-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Is it me or do other people find it disgraceful that when you ring 02 you're on hold for so long before you're connected to a customer care rep on their helpline, take today for example it took me 23minutes to get through to them, for a call centre/helpline I think its a joke(especially a mobile phone care centre)! I have to ring them far too often. Is it only me being impatient or does anyone else find this highly irratating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

same here. Me & my wife are both bill pay, and at times we find the customer service atrocious. Just this evening at around 10.30 I couldn't get through. After being on hold for ages. There wasn't even any cheesy hold music!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've generally found them pretty good but I have noticed lately that they can be a bit longer than I'm used to.

I would suggest you send an email through to customer.care@o2.com or customer.first@o2.com and voice your comments to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

random wrote: »
    I've generally found them pretty good but I have noticed lately that they can be a bit longer than I'm used to.

I would suggest you send an email through to customer.care@o2.com or customer.first@o2.com and voice your comments to them.

Alredy did that a month ago and got a reply saying I'll pass it on to someone who can help~! :mad: I'd bet my e mail wasnt voiced!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I find them excellent tbh.

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I find them excellent tbh.
    I think they're great but thats after you spend about 20 mins on hold
    "thank you for continuning to hold,all of our customer care representatives are assisting customers-your call is important to us (I'm rolling on the floor laughing righ now!)so please continue to hold and your call will be answered as soon as possible" I love the underlined part its soooooo funny to me! I didn't bother ringing today as I hadn't the patience for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Most of the time, I get through to them rather quick, occasionally it can take about 10/20 minutes, but when I did get through to them, they were always polite, courteous and helpful. I cant say the same for other call centers.

Digiweb's Customer Support staff are just rude and snappy, almost all the time I have ever spoken to them. Their tech support though are polite and helpful. UPC's customer care are just attrocious, they are polite, but utterly useless.

It costs nothing to be nice, and there is a fine art to dealing with customers, and some people these companies are employing... ugh. Be thankful O2 had the common sence to focus on good customer support, you could be dealing with far worse. Not that I excuse the 23minute wating period, but in my experience its infrequent, and their response times have always been pretty good.

Not that I excuse the 23minute wating period,
    [/quote]

I know 23 mins is way too long, not normally that long waiting but I have to say the wait time to speak to an agent is getting longer lately! oh well. Three will welcome me to their network with open arms:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I rang them once yesterday at about 4pm and spent zero time on hold.

Just off the phone to them now, spent exactly 32 seconds on hold. What's more the girl I was dealing with couldn't find what I was looking for right away so instead of putting me on hold she took my number and called me back.

Seriously I am always recommending O2 billpay to people based on my experiences of their support lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Give em a break there's only a certain number of people they can employ.
    It's very hard to accurately predict how many calls they are going to get within a specific timeframe and match that to their staffing levels - these call centres all have queue boards that show how many people are waiting and you can be full sure that there's some knob of a team leader screaming at them to hurry up and get their queues down it's not like they're off having a fag and a coffee - it only takes one staff member to call in sick and the whole team can be put under severe pressure. These people are watched like hawks by management and their breaks are timed to the minute they can't just get up and waltz around the place whenever they feel like it.
    It's been a long time since I've worked in a call centre but I can tell you those people work hard for their money and most of the time get nothing but abuse call after call and in fairness 90% of calls they get are due to people being too feckin' lazy to read the instructions on their phone manual or dicking around with their phone settings and messing them up.

eamon234 wrote: »
    90% of calls they get are due to people being too feckin' lazy to read the instructions on their phone manual or dicking around with their phone settings and messing them up.

I was reading your post and I thought to myself this lad definately worked in a call centre:D I know, I had someone asking me the other day how to do stupid little things, stayed patient and polite(moi??:eek:) and thought to myself NOKIA don't put the manuals in the box to gather dust its there to help the user- go read it! ha sorry! My RANT on 02 is over!:)

PS I had one of the nicest people on the other end of the phone yesterday and if the girl deserved a bonus she definately earned it on helpfullness, pleasant attitude to me and all in all I would give her a medal! Pity I can't mention names on boards:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Have to agree, had to ring them twice in last few days. First time wasnt long of a wait but today I was on the phone for a total of 30minutes, most of them on hold as the girl who was nice I must say checked the problem with my order. They could do with some cheesy hold music, I had no music just silence while she had me on hold for about 10mins.

Advertisement