Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

G-G-G-Galway!

• 29-08-2002 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

C'mon, it's only a matter of time before someone posted that topic, isn't it?

Well, what this is really about is GALWAY!
    And how many boards users are from this stinking stinkhole I stink about?

So lets have it!
    You're from Galway, shout it out!
    Or even if you live in Galway that is.

Galway Galway Galway!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

ya, been here all my life except for a few years when i ran away to college. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

me is
    /me hangs his head in shame..although not from the city

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

mother from Clonbur, Father From Kinsale, Cork.
    Living in Homefarm, Moycullen at the moment.

7minute drive to town, but no knackers, noise or bullshít.

TAKE IT TOWNIE BÍTCHES

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i got it on mp3 if anyone is looking for the track

[seriously - i do]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

My mother is from Salthill, and my father is from Claddagh. I lived in Salthill for 21 years, and recently moved to Knocknacarra.

Some people will say they are sick and tired of their home town, but I have to admit, I love Galway, and always have. There is a buzz in this city that I have not found anywhere else.

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah i'm from Galway to. I live in Knockncarra also. To many knackers in Cappagh though imo. Damn spud family :mad:
    Anyway my mother is from Mayo and my father is from Deven Park in Salthill i suppose. Phobos which part of Knocknacarra do you live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Galwegian Here.

Living in Knocknacarra, not too bad, no noisy ppl areound, but unfortuantely, lots of knackers. :(:(:(:(:(

Originally posted by [-=RaVeN=-]
    Yeah i'm from Galway to. I live in Knockncarra also. To many knackers in Cappagh though imo. Damn spud family :mad:
    Anyway my mother is from Mayo and my father is from Deven Park in Salthill i suppose. Phobos which part of Knocknacarra do you live in?
    I've been in Knocknacarra since January (Clybaun), and would you believe I haven't seen one knacker yet. Apart from your average boy racer, which doesn't really bother me, coz their just wee teenagers that feel a need to impress (god bless 'em). But having said that @ night I hear plenty of joy riding, usually coming from the Distributor Rd area. But by day the place pretty much like Salthill. I was in the car over around by Cappagh, and have noticed that some knackers have decided to settle on the roadside. I think one of their dogs was trying to tell me something, while chasing my car (pretty determined, little bugger). :p. But I can see how the Cappagh folks could find that annoying.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I've been living in Galway for the last 4 years now give or take a few trips home and a short (5 month) stint working in Limerick.

Fort Lorenzo dweller.

Not too far from Phobos and Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

T'was born in this city, lived here for the 9 of the pitiful years, the other 6 years were in Hong Kong, will only live in Galweh for 2 more years, then off to UK for some college education.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I'm from Shantalla myself.....

A Shany, born and bred....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I've lived in galway for the past two years, well, during college term. Probably my final year coming up now, I will be living in Dun Aenghus or however you spell it, right down on the harbour :) I really like galway too, especially when the weather is hot, and you can sit outside one of the many shop-street pubs, or down in Jury's beer garden. Ah, here's to another year of daytime drinking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

This city can be a bit shít when you've lived here all your life...

Feel the need to get out of here as quickly as possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by deco

Feel the need to get out of here as quickly as possible...

feel the same way, and i did too.
    but just to college for the last 2 years.... :p

imo, you could probably say the same thing about any city really...

Anyway, im a bogger but only geographically.
    used to live in castlegar but moved out to kilcolgan when i was 4.
    nice area here tho, theres a small wood behind my house with a turlough and a stream!
    20 - 25 mins to galway city though, plus theres a very likely chance that you'll get caught behind a tractor. :)

i dont like the city that much any more, i seem to get started frequently.
    i was in around forster st. at 10 ish waitin for the late bus, and went to the shop only to get into a fight with some drunken yob.
    wasnt amused, pushed me twice, hit him, legged it. :D
    never got my mag tho..... :mad:

wasnt the first time either, prolly not the last.
    and its only getting worse.

/end pessimism

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Testify brother.

Meeting the same old people, going to the same old places, listening to the same songs, getting harrassed by the same knackers, getting fleeced by the same taxis...

Last stop, this town.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As most of you know, I'm a Mayo man (from just outside Castlebar) and I came to Galway via Dublin.
    I've been here just over a year and a half in the same spot all the time (Rockbarton Court in Salthill). Love it - absolutely fell in love with this town after a couple of months and mightn't ever leave it :)

You can go out and find a good night without trying too hard and you're bound to meet the maddest people when you're in the maddest states through the application of various chemical substances (all of which are available in plentyful supply).

I'm big into music and I've gotten to know quite a few prople through that from the various bands around the place like Diatribe, Diptheria, One Man Down, Fuktifino etc... and I've seen mates of mine from Castlebar bring their bands up here and vice versa.

I dunno, this place suits me more than home did :)

Galway rocks!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Mother was English, Father is from Mullingar and I am also English. Moved over here seven years ago, against my will of course. Currently living in Corrach Bui, Westside.

You Knocknacarra people - If you want knackers on a plate then why not pay me a visit and listen / see what I have to put up with some nights... The sight is enough to make you realise that Knocknacarra isn't too bad.

Deco, you live about 10 minutes away from me.
    Bugler, it's Dun Angus, and if for some some inexplainable reason Im still working in my **** job by the time you move there, you might have the pleasure of having your SuperValu delivery brought to you by a rather PISSED OFF and discontent RopeDrink.

PS Lads, speaking of Galway - If you don't know already, the Boards Event Board is currently housing a nice Galway Drinkies Thread you might want to check!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Do you deliver beer? I move in this Sunday Ropey.. :P

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Good Christ, NO!

Well, not to you at least :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by Kharn
    Diptheria

funny that, i kinda know Damian whatshisname used to work with him, he said he was in a band called Diptheria, and there cant be that many of them around. :)

their sound is supposed to be a bit err, different, havnt heard them myself though...

any good?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kharn
    As most of you know, I'm a Mayo man (from just outside Castlebar) and I came to Galway via Dublin.
    Some of those Bus Éireann drivers, really shouldn't be put behind a wheel :p

and yes Galway does rock, and for the first time in my life I'm about to see what it's like from a student perspective. Should be fun :)

;-phobos-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by Panda
    funny that, i kinda know Damian whatshisname used to work with him, he said he was in a band called Diptheria, and there cant be that many of them around. :)

their sound is supposed to be a bit err, different, havnt heard them myself though...

any good?
    Yup, Damian (or sometimes Demian) is the drummer. Their stuff is a bit err, different, to say the least. I'm not sure what you'd describe them as - AngelWhore might have a better idea or maybe Ruaidhrí cause he's mates with them.

They are really, really good though - I love watching them play and generally I end up going mad when I hear them. One song I love is called Slay The Nazarrine - they have the full intro with a speech they got off some film.
    "Disciples of the watch..." etc... Madness

Incidently, I bumped into John and Adam (+ girlfriends and mates) in Dublin on Sunday - they were after seeing Vader the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

/meh lived in Glenina for 4 years and have lived in Galway more or less every summer until I got a proper job. Love being in the city at night and is a cracking place for drinkies. Used to work in the Oasis, back in the day it was a great way to get invited to some cracking parties on Dr. Mannix Road

Mark I would have lived in Dr. Mannix Rd, around that time, what fúcking gaff on Dr. Mannix would have decent parties. I'm going to take a wild guess at perhaps number 5 (way up at the top), or else down in Devon park.

Dr. Mannix is filled with mainly retired couples ATM. Are you sure you weren't abducted?

:p

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'll be moving to somewhere in dangan.
    4min walk to the nearest college comp with a burner, further 3 mins to the IT building.
    Means I can get up at 8:50am at last and not be (too) late :)

/me ticks off one aim of life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Syxers mother is only too glad to get him out of the house. (And to save all that time she spends giving lifts.)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It must be a bit embarrasing having yore ma pick you up from Taylors... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I moved to Galway (Corofin) from England when I was 7 (21 years ago omg). Went to collage in Limerick and then back to Galway again since I was 21. I've lived in Renmore, Newcastle, Mervue, Tierellen and knocknacarra. Now back in Corofin having built our house with my GF and my son. Galway is def the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Do ya know the bennets by any chance ? Parents were away for alot of the summer and I spent quite a bit of time there. Think they own a place on shop street, Treasure Chest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Do ya know the bennets by any chance ? Parents were away for alot of the summer and I spent quite a bit of time there. Think they own a place on shop street, Treasure Chest.

Who ? me ?

Advertisement