Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TF2: Revenge of the Fallen - OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yes its been confirmed (via wiki)

that the Fallen will be in the movie

He's one of the first 13 transformers and a servent of unicron.
    * The Fallen. Introduced in the second Transformers: The War Within comic book (2003), the Fallen was one of the original thirteen Transformers who became a servant of Unicron. Creator Simon Furman, who is writing this film's comic book adaptation, confirmed the filmmakers are using the character.[60]

Is that a hint where they might be taking the films?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think I read Simon Furman's original comments on this... and I think that wiki entry is stretching things a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

brennaldo wrote: »
    i wasnt familiar with the cartoon series or anything, but my cousin told me that hasbro (the company associated with transformers) made a toy or a character called the fallen..... so it made me think if the name is revenge of the fallen, then maybe this transformer (a decepticon) will be the main one with megatron dead......... also bringing megatron back would be wrong in my eyes simply because his body was in bits and dumped in the ocean

I wudn't mind seeing megatron back,it a be class to see another optimus vs megatron battle

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I REALLY doubt the film is about The Fallen character from the War Within comic. Just seems far too obscure for them to base a movie around.

Plus... isn't he on fire all the time...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

Perrin wrote: »
    I wudn't mind seeing megatron back,it a be class to see another optimus vs megatron battle

im not saying i wouldnt like to see this, its just the way they ended the first one it just seems wrong that they would............. also about this "fallen" character is he like a main one or one of the biggest or something

The latest photos from the set seem to show an Ice cream truck transformer.

That's actually sort of cool.

The title is probably a reference to Starscream IMO

Apparently 'The Fallen' actually does refer to a characters name. So it looks like they probably are going with the character from the comic books. All a bit after my time though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Apparently 'The Fallen' actually does refer to a characters name. So it looks like they probably are going with the character from the comic books. All a bit after my time though.

Im not as au fait with it either but as i recall in the comic books wasnt the Fallen ridiculously huge is size?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

The Fallen

Transforms into a fireplace, apparently.

And was also designed by Pat Lee. That one's really going to go down well with the fans....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

They're either going to have to shift the focus of the films completely or change the fallen totally if they want to make that work.

I severely doubt either, tbh.

SDooM wrote: »
    They're either going to have to shift the focus of the films completely or change the fallen totally if they want to make that work.

I severely doubt either, tbh.

Agreed. To use the same Fallen character that was in the comic would be opening a doorway to ancient Transformers lore; Primus, Unicron etc. And it has been stated that they have no intention of putting Unicron in a film. (Perhaps transforming planets is a bridge too far?)
    If they did have to alter the Fallen character to such a degree why would they even bother with him in the first place.
    Like I said before I believe the Fallen is a reference to a character we already know about (either Starscream or Megatron).

Galvasean wrote: »
    Agreed. To use the same Fallen character that was in the comic would be opening a doorway to ancient Transformers lore; Primus, Unicron etc. And it has been stated that they have no intention of putting Unicron in a film. (Perhaps transforming planets is a bridge too far?)
    If they did have to alter the Fallen character to such a degree why would they even bother with him in the first place.
    Like I said before I believe the Fallen is a reference to a character we already know about (either Starscream or Megatron).

Yeah, fallen to me made me immediately think megatron, or those that died on Cybertron.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

given its michael bay we're dealing with I think its safe to assume the simplest meaning in the title. The 'fallen' referring to the decepticons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Didn't you hear? Simon Furman and Chris Mowry let the cat out of the bag at Comic-Con. Main villian is a character called The Fallen. And He features in the prequel comic. A fan posted this on the Bay board, then every article mentioning it got taken down and re-written. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

OR it could be a scam which furman and co are in on.

i still dont believe that thing about the ice cream van and theres pictures of that monstrocity on the set.

GWolf wrote: »
    Didn't you hear? Simon Furman and Chris Mowry let the cat out of the bag at Comic-Con. Main villian is a character called The Fallen. And He features in the prequel comic. A fan posted this on the Bay board, then every article mentioning it got taken down and re-written. Ha.

Its common knowledge that Bay has been purposefully "leaking" fake rumours show as to confuse everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

I've been in the thick of this on the movie boards since 2006. And that's not disinformation, that's the lads slipping up. Bay's disinformation (of which there is generally very very little to be frank) is very general, the Comic-con stuff was very specific. They said that Transformers: Destiny will bring Reign Of Starscream into continuity, and will give the back story for a lot of characters, since apparently the film opens with a big fight scene, not intros. And two characters mentioned as getting a back story in the comic would be the Fallen and Arcee. A guy who goes by FitForNatalie posted the article on Shootfortheedit. And suddenly, all mention of the Fallen, Arcee, or the IDW staff seeing the script vanished from every article it was mentioned in, and Bay automatically releases a statement saying that nothing should be believed cause of all the radical, and apparently quite costly efforts, he's making to mislead us. Exactly the same thing we heard when leaks (which turned out to be true, like the leaked script, and such) started showing up before the first film. I've seen this damage control before. Plus, I'd hate to be the IDW lot if they said "we'll have the fallen in Destiny" and he didn't show up.

Nope, I would bet my mother and my dog that the main villain is the Fallen. Whether it's anything like our Fallen bar name is another matter, but since Orci said he wasn't bringing Megatron back (again way more specific then his usual stuff so I believe it) I'm betting he's not just a renamed Megatron or something like that.

Thought I would update on the latest movie news seeing as the movie thread has gone quiet. Most of this is probably already known by now but anyway...

* Megatron is returning and transforms into a tank
    * Ravage has a part and will transform into a beast
    * Arcee is a motorbike
    * Jetfire is there too
    and apparantely himself and Prime transform together similar to what happens in Armada
    * The constructicons are in the movie and there strong rumours circulating this week that Devastator is in the movie too.
    * Some scenes are being shot on imax
    * Sideswipe is in the movie as a corvette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thought i'd slap up an update too.

word is on the seibertron site that there AINT going to be a trailer till february or the superbowl (whenever the hell that is in the states, christ you think they'd date it considering no one outside the US even watches that sport :)

info comes directly from bays site itself and is confirmed on murphys site too.

theres going to be some STILL posters released soon and a few other bits to whet the appetite but no trailer.

****ing stupid if you ask me but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

thought i'd slap up an update too.

word is on the seibertron site that there AINT going to be a trailer till february or the superbowl (whenever the hell that is in the states, christ you think they'd date it considering no one outside the US even watches that sport :)

info comes directly from bays site itself and is confirmed on murphys site too.

theres going to be some STILL posters released soon and a few other bits to whet the appetite but no trailer.

****ing stupid if you ask me but there you go.

pity about the trailer alright, oh and i watch NFL all the time, its pretty big everywhere, whether or not you were joking about that part, alot of people love american football outside the us............ So if that trailer isnt out till febuary then when will the film be out (here in ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,592 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Devastator is confirmed for the movie, and will have arms and legs made out of other transformers: http://www.cinematical.com/2008/12/28/first-look-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/ Soundwave is super-duper scouts honor confirmed with cherries on top.
    This time, the story finds Sam and Mikaela under attack by the evil Decepticons because of something Sam has learned about the origins of the Transformers and their ancient history on Earth. To acquire this knowledge, the invading Decepticons need to capture Sam instead of kill him. Meanwhile, the U.S. military and an international coalition has united with the good-guy Autobots to fight back the villains' attack. Some of the most important newcomers are in the robot cast: Decepticons Soundwave, a fearsome communications expert, and Devastator, whose arms and legs are built out of other Transformers. And on the Autobots' side is Jetfire, a villain whose age and broken-down physicality leads him to help the Autobots."

Wont be a trailer until the Superbowl in the US. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,592 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

faceman wrote: »
    Wont be a trailer until the Superbowl in the US. :(
    \o/ Touchdowwwwn AMERICAAAAAA!!!!!!! :mad: :D

Dun dun duuuunn....

TF2TeaserPoster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Meanwhile, the U.S. military and an international coalition has united with the good-guy Autobots to fight back the villains' attack.

aww balls

more crap we dont care about

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭micosavo

Megatron as a tank?

Whats that all about? So who will be the decepticons leader this time around?

micosavo wrote: »
    Megatron as a tank?

Whats that all about? So who will be the decepticons leader this time around?

Megatron has probably been a tank more than he has been a gun, or a plane, or a helicopter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MrDazzPants

faceman wrote: »
    Thought I would update on the latest movie news seeing as the movie thread has gone quiet. Most of this is probably already known by now but anyway...

* Megatron is returning and transforms into a tank
    * Ravage has a part and will transform into a beast
    * Arcee is a motorbike
    * Jetfire is there too
    and apparantely himself and Prime transform together similar to what happens in Armada
    * The constructicons are in the movie and there strong rumours circulating this week that Devastator is in the movie too.
    * Some scenes are being shot on imax
    * Sideswipe is in the movie as a corvette.

All of this info is pretty much true except for point number 4...
    Jetfire is in the movie but as a
    decepticon. His alt mode is an SR 71 blackbird, some toy images have already been leaked

Advertisement