Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

you lucky swines! Two weeks today until your SRN!

so jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 egwene

must have been a huge shock getting such a last minute call. well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Monkeymagic824

yeah totally unexpected, but it has been the best news in years.The start of a whole new life.this month is going to drag, does anyone know what the situation will be at christmas time with regards to time off, only asking because all my family live in England and i usualy go home?

really pleased for you :)

I wouldnt be too hopefull about getting any substantial time off over christmas, simply because its not a job that can just shut down over christmas, and anyone starting in august might not qualify for booking holiday time that early on... but im no expert...

leegibson if you dont mind me asking, roughly what's your merit score? admissions told me they where working through the list in merit order, so it'd be interesting to know what point their at...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

egwene wrote: »

I wouldnt be too hopefull about getting any substantial time off over christmas, simply because its not a job that can just shut down over christmas, and anyone starting in august might not qualify for booking holiday time that early on... but im no expert...

leegibson if you dont mind me asking, roughly what's your merit score? admissions told me they where working through the list in merit order, so it'd be interesting to know what point their at...

Looks like I might be waiting until the very end if they are going through it in order

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Looks like I might be waiting until the very end if they are going through it in order

should i pass the medical, youl have a friend gcbc:D!

and congrats leegibson7, im sure it a shocker to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Monkeymagic824

Merit upwards of 220's so they are getting there. keep at it, you just dont know with this process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

leegibson7 wrote: »
    yeah totally unexpected, but it has been the best news in years.The start of a whole new life.this month is going to drag, does anyone know what the situation will be at christmas time with regards to time off, only asking because all my family live in England and i usualy go home?

Hi Lee. I was advised that you are only off for the public holidays over xmas. i.e xmas day and boxing day. But bearing in mind 20 weeks from 3rd Aug is 21 Dec therefore I believe your graduation will be Mon 22 Dec you may find that you won't go straight in to your further 10 weeks training. I understand 1 weeks leave is built into the 10 weeks post student officer training so PSNI might just slot it in over xmas. These are only my thoughts mate. The book answer is ONLY xmas holidays, but I'm sure your instructers will be able to answer definately. Just don't make it your first question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

JVB
    Seems a bit strange. I was talking to my mate who was on an August intake, and he says he didnt pass out until January. I never asked him the exact start date, and it may have been a into the 2nd week of August. So as such it would have taken him into Jan.
    I hoping its Dec. What a Christmas that would be eh......as long as we pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Ethan321

Congrats to all who have got the call up. Just make sure you dont post personal details, times or accomodation details on here, if you need to just do it by PM.;) Have my exam week now in 2 weeks time:eek::eek:. PANIC!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SFMCC

Just got the call for september 08. Big thank you to everyone for their help and advice on boards.ie and to PSNI moderator for organising the forums.
    see you in Garnerville
    SFMCC

SFMCC wrote: »
    Just got the call for september 08. Big thank you to everyone for their help and advice on boards.ie and to PSNI moderator for organising the forums.
    see you in Garnerville
    SFMCC

Well done SFMCC, see you on the inside pal.

wanalaugh

Ethan, what week are you in matey.

wanalaugh

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

see you in Garnerville
    SFMCC

I got the call today too mate...Guess we are in the same Squad..Look forward to meeting you in Garnerville:)

Pity I have not seen this forum until today, some great information in here for applicants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

I'm in too, i know i don't post much but i've always been silently in the background =), thanks for all the help

P.S Did anyone watch street wars last night? the PSNI were on getting petrol bombs thrown at them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Rob-117 wrote: »
    I'm in too, i know i don't post much but i've always been silently in the background =), thanks for all the help

P.S Did anyone watch street wars last night? the PSNI were on getting petrol bombs thrown at them

Well done Rob

You'll have good Boardsie company in the Hotel!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Just a quick question to those who are at the Hotel or have been through it regarding the fitness aspect. I play football to a reasonable level and would have a basic/fair level of fitness, but I am far from the fittest on our team. I intend to up my fitness regime over the next 5 weeks before I start my training, but what level of fitness would be required to be deemed acceptable?

What would a typical PE session be?

Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Rob-117 wrote: »

I think iv seen nearly all the street wars that were made:). Inspector Neil seems like a nice lad

PS well done

Well done wanalaugh and new recruit and thanks to everyone for the support. Does anyone have information on what books can be bought to get ahead before starting at Granerville? I have heard people talking about having to learn definitions word for word, does anyone know what these are?
    Thanks
    SFMCC

Well done wanalaugh and new recruit and thanks to everyone for the support. Does anyone have information on what books can be bought to get ahead before starting at Granerville? I have heard people talking about having to learn definitions word for word, does anyone know what these are?
    Thanks
    SFMCC

SFMCC. Well done on your success. I think this question is probably best answered by one of the peeps who start next Monday as they've attended the Student Registration Night (SRN) already and will have more knowledge.
    I see you've asked the same question in the 'Starting in Garnerville Soon?' thread so best just waiting until one is answered.

Best regards :)

• Advertisement

Cheers JVB
    SFMCC:)

Does anyone know what sort of clothes are appropriate for garnerville when we are not in uniform? Maybe this is a silly question...

Does anyone know what sort of clothes are appropriate for garnerville when we are not in uniform? Maybe this is a silly question...

Assless leather chaps are very comfy*......

*just ask JVB

I'll remember that when I'm packing my bags :D

Assless leather chaps are very comfy*......

*just ask JVB

Witch! Funny witch ... but witch :D

JVB wrote: »
    Witch! Funny witch ... but witch :D

I'll get you my pretty....and your little dog too!!!!:D

I'll get you my pretty....and your little dog too!!!!:D

Spike ... heart ... can't breath!!! Weirdly, my poor pup has just had an op to remove a growth on his head. All together now: Awwwww!!!

He has a shaved head and a scar 2 inches long! Now he looks like the dog of Frankestein :eek: (don't you feel bad now MrsGH? ;))

*What do you mean no? :eek:*

JVB wrote: »
    Spike ... heart ... can't breath!!! Weirdly, my poor pup has just had an op to remove a growth on his head. All together now: Awwwww!!!

He has a shaved head and a scar 2 inches long! Now he looks like the dog of Frankestein :eek: (don't you feel bad now MrsGH? ;))

*What do you mean no? :eek:*

You do know the old adage about dogs looking like their owners.....LOL

Mines gorgeous BTW......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

Well I got the call:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. Have to check out deferal but I am really happy about it. Hope it is ok to go in for October. Has anyone had any experience of deffering?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

well done makepeace

Yes JVB deffered from August to November

Advertisement