Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shipman

Options
  • 22-07-2008 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

I attended Mark Shipman's course and have been trading using his strategy. Have been using a 10% stop loss to open. He mentioned using the 40wk moving average as a stop. Anyone know when do you change from 10% to the 40wk ma?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

BrenTTS wrote: »
    Hi

I attended Mark Shipman's course and have been trading using his strategy. Have been using a 10% stop loss to open. He mentioned using the 40wk moving average as a stop. Anyone know when do you change from 10% to the 40wk ma?

just out of curiosity whos mark shipman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

He was a hot-shot hedge fund manager, made an absolute mint, apparently from humble beginnings in make make-shift trading floor in his house. He retired aged 33 and now 'subsists' on book royalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BrenTTS

Yep, that would be him alright. His book is "The Next Big Investment Boom". Here is a link to his interview on the late late show. http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/20070420.html I find it a relatively easy strategy to understand and follow. He gives a list of rules, trading is done when markets are closed, so really helps to take the emotion (and stress...) out of wondering what to do. Would be really interested to hear if anyone else is using it and how they are getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

cheers thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BrenTTS

Anyone thinking of buying lumber??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John O'Hanlon

Dear Brendan,

Regarding Lumber, I note that it also achived a 12 week high last April 2007, and fell back by August 2007. My queary about Lumber is could the buying signal be a seasonal spike in the price. Perhaps if you looked back 3/4 years you might find an answer.

John

Advertisement