Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New to Golf, what clubs?

• 24-07-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi everyone, Im new to the game and am looking to get a set of clubs just to get started. Dont know anything about the good makes and whch ones to stay clear of. At the moment I have it down to a set of Hippo clubs or Texan Power, any advice welcome..

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Go with the Hippo ones

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭trudub

so are the other ones not good at all? there cheaper, the only reason i ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

You should consider 2nd hand clubs as well. You can get quality brand name clubs in most shops in their 2nd hand bin. May work out cheaper than a set of Hippos. Although,you may have to add in the price of new grips, €8 each?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Are you looking at the XXL hippos with 3 4 irons as hybrids. If so I'd get them they are a nice set of clubs especially for a beginner/high handicapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭trudub

thanks for the advice guys, ill go with the hippos so.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 NuFlyer

That Texan brand is rubbish. Hippo are the best 'value' brand out there.
    I've had a Hippo driver & 3-wood. Good clubs.

Advertisement