Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Trek Movie posters online (spoilers in link)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The different colours in the main poster is cool.

Isn't Bana supposed to be a Roumlan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

AWESOME!

If I didn't know better I could easily mistake Quinto for Nimoy in that poster. Uncanny resemblance.

And was it ever actually officially said that Niro is Romulan? They aren't meant to have met the Romulans yet when this film is set. Could also be a new look for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Goodshape wrote: »
    They aren't meant to have met the Romulans yet when this film is set. Could also be a new look for them.

Time travel

"Uhura" is hot :)

Time travel
    Oh yeah, forgot about that :)

Also looks like the top of his (not evidently pointy) ear might be suffering from a bit of battle damage - as they point out on TrekMovie.

Really looking forward to this tbh. Wish it hadn't been put back to next summer... obviously the longer wait sucks, but also Star Trek just doesn't feel like a summer movie sort of thing.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this tbh. Wish it hadn't been put back to next summer... obviously the longer wait sucks, but also Star Trek just doesn't feel like a summer movie sort of thing.
    Yeh, totally agree. Seems to be a more kindve Xmas / Winter film. Like when growing up they'd show all the Trek films on telly at Xmas, similar to other 80s classics.

Just looking at Wiki there, everything from Undiscovered Country onwards came out in the winter.

• Advertisement

Another set of posters for the rest of the characters: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37875

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

Hmm i kinda of agree about it being a winter thing , but paramount are not fools , they are really going to give it a push for the big summer blockbuster spot, this is as good a chance as star trek will honestly ever have , i mean its will not be sex in the city or batman , but it can be a BIG movie . and if it does well , its a good sign for the future of the number 1 cult sci fiction tv show and movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i didn't reocgnise simon pegg , he looks evil he looks like, sam neill or someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Reservations about new Star Trek film. Anybody else share these?

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the new film, but I personally don't believe this was the way to go. There was plenty of scope to "re-invigorate" the series in the 24th century, TNG-era time- a new ship, new characters, exploring an unknown area of space after the Dominion War aftermath, anything could happen.
    But instead we have a look back into early TOS history, with all the potential of ruining continuity- I love how an attempt was never made to visually ret-con TOS in TDS9:Trials and Tribbilations andd TNG:Relics, but this is now happening- and the characters- will they be different to the classic Spock, Kirk, McCoy we know? If so, is this film not just a derivative work rather than an episode in Trek canon and lore?
    SofaK wrote: »
    Another set of posters for the rest of the characters: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37875
    Does Chekov remind anyone else of Bashir?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye karlr42 i read that a while back - i got the feeling that the new "stargate universe' and this new trek movie are both going for younger actors and a more "modern theme"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

wher's the buzz for this film?

wher's the buzz for this film?
    It got put back, remember? Not out for another seven months.

They had kinda-sorta started building up a buzz before the date changed, but I'd say they trying to keep things quiet enough for now so we don't all get sick of it by next summer.

I'd expect 'the buzz' to start buzzing again around Christmas / early next year.

I can't wait for the trailer, and some discussion and speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

I'm trying very hard not to get excited about this movie after the last two dissappointments but I can't help myself now. Was very doubtful about the cast but these posters look great. (although shouldn't McCoy be older?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think I heard that the first theatrical trailer will be released before Christmas so looking forward to that!

DesignLady, I reckon with a little facial hair, Karl Urban will look way older than Kirk and co.

Can't wait!

DesignLady wrote: »
    last two dissappointments
    ? :confused:
    Insurrection was great(well, within reason)!

Also, Simon Pegg as Scotty- opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ive only seen pegg in comedys so no coment intil i see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

karlr42 wrote: »
    ? :confused:
    Insurrection was great(well, within reason)!

Also, Simon Pegg as Scotty- opinions?

I'll agree to disagree. Insurrection has so many parts that just make me cringe. I'm interested to see how Simon Pegg turns out at Scotty. Haven't seen 'How to lose friends.....' yet but he always seems to play the same type of character in everything else so I'm curious to see how this works.

Advertisement