Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Log : Nzxt Rogue - Finished !!

• 17-07-2008 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

So atlast some of the stuff has arrived form overclockers. With their shoddy stock controll every time i have orderd it was all in stock, but by the time it was procssed parts are out of stock. No harm in that, the pieces i ordered were popular, every time i rang " oh part should be in tomorrow or the day after " 2 months later the parts are still out of stock......

But ive managed to get the case and mobo and cpu cooler shipped and its arrived today. For the time being this will be a 100% aircooled pc untill i can find a place which stocks everything and gives me time to measure the inside of the case to see if it is possible to fit 2 x 240 rads..

Should hopefully have some pics up later on this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Anti wrote: »
    So atlast some of the stuff has arrived form overclockers. With their shoddy stock controll every time i have orderd it was all in stock, but by the time it was procssed parts are out of stock. No harm in that, the pieces i ordered were popular, every time i rang " oh part should be in tomorrow or the day after " 2 months later the parts are still out of stock......

But ive managed to get the case and mobo and cpu cooler shipped and its arrived today. For the time being this will be a 100% aircooled pc untill i can find a place which stocks everything and gives me time to measure the inside of the case to see if it is possible to fit 2 x 240 rads..

Should hopefully have some pics up later on this evening.

AWESOMESAUCE :D

pics pics pics :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah i was following that, but lost interest when the muppet starting postign pics of his basement and his bet down looking boord. Looks pretty decent though.

New build is up, am posting on it nao :D

So far im using a E2140 @ 2.6ghz and ideling at 23c and 27c load. Have a load of pics and will upload them tomorrow.

So, overnight i ran the gpu and cpu f@h clients and decided to turn all the fans to their lowest.. Still running this morning. Cpu @ 31c Gpu @ 55c... Im shocked how cool this chip runs and how quiet the case is. Granted the Antec tri-flow fans i stuck in are noisy as hell on full pelt, but the Scythe Zipang cooler and the nzxt fans are all inaudiable even at full pelt !! Will try get pics uploaded now.

• Advertisement

And here they come !!

a9s4kwg99warumzjsl37.jpg

The case all opened up. A real joy to work with. Super high quality, no rough edges.

mya4tlhyfh0gmhsajd5.jpg

Dont mind the mess ;)

dwe7mmpa46fbnhp9yy.jpg

A very stealthy grill from that angle.

h92wjvm0hx2n7f5hf43.jpg

Lots of room inside for a matx case. You can see where the board stops where the standoffs are. These came attached to the case.

tvk3gjv3wp0nxqoqn3u.jpg

Hard drives slide in easilly, and have a rubber strip on both side to stop vibration. There are 2 fans moving air from side to side just under there the 2 hdd cages are.

rd9e8pvq0fdexxy29vug.jpg

A view form the other side.

yvk690anb0n1l18br50n.jpg

The side panel off with the standard nzxt case fan which is super quiet and the antec tri-flow/tri-cool from a antec 900.

7cpnel36xsye9kw6aidi.jpg

The first problem, the fan controller is a little to big to fit into the floppy drive. Out with ze dremel !

f1tepvtwizz94aecwhvx.jpg

Apart she comes with 2 screwes and grind away ! about 2/3mm had to be shaved off... Hope i dont plan to change it, as its not comming out again !

wuke6b8riogq26aivhoy.jpg

Motherboard went onto the tray with no problems at all. All the holes lined up with the standoffs perfectly.

7eww7ovzj29m0vpb8n4v.jpg

The motherboard on the tray with the 2x2gb Geil black dragon ram installed and the 2140.

ai9nlgatmw5r4omi1i.jpg

Black mobo pcb and black ram pcb... Rawr sexeh :D

4kffetshf8dtlxd6l8.jpg

Now the the G92 8800gts installed. Shame about the green pcb :( But oh well no window to see it through so who cares ;) As you can also see the sata ports are blocked completly apart from sata 1,5 and 6. But you can still use them with the 90 degree cable.

qzwsxp3fjud33k3210v.jpg

The Scythe Ziapang. Tis a big auld thing, but the finish on the base is perfect not bowed at all. Apparently its silver plated too... And this push in screw things is an absolute nightmare to get in. I thought the board was going to snap in half.

z48ljaaj0ujqbqex64s.jpg

pxabhfeabqvyj7wml1p8.jpg

How to apply thermal paste, it dosent matter if its a dual or quad.. This is the only way it should be applied...Ever.

ja03uyl5cmoilc65z575.jpg

Lights test !

oud59bk3ouwbvof0hilp.jpg

Plenty of room to work with right? errr... no. The Zipang takes up all the room here. Forgot to take pics of it though :(

axorn072gs6w0qnnwlg9.jpg

SHE LIVES !!1!one

sb1kr7ly7ukf1s851ml.jpg

Oh so messy. But its got no side windows so i dont mind for now. I think ill shorten alot or the front panet stuff, and just cable tie the rest.

574754ud4sysqupzavui.jpg

Bright enough considering the curtains are open.

yp72vas13pz1k6y19f6.jpg

Will change all the fans for red led's when i can find a site that sells decent ones.

sxshceb895ncdt7c1kez.jpg

The only window in the case. As i said before needs lots of tidying.

i4ooyaytny3msqr1fpeu.jpg

And thar she be, up and running like a whore !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I like, bigger than expected but sits grand on the desk. Top stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nice 1 bud ,looken good

Nice, That board is an animal! Better FSB than a lot of full ATX boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nice job m8, its a little bit bigger than i imagined, but nice temps.

And if you notice, no more dodgy photo's ;)

Whats the volume of the case? I wonder if Conzy's custom full ATX SFF case will be smaller... That would be embarrassing :D j/k

***EDIT***

Conzy's Case : 26.45 litres
    Anti's NZXT Rogue : 45.32 litres

Oh snap!

P.s Its highly possible that I ****ed up somewhere but I think I got the maths right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anti wrote: »
    And if you notice, no more dodgy photo's ;)

LOL, bout time

Advertisement