Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

MrFug wrote: »
    They do take your mobile phones from you at the start, so you can't take photographs apparantly.

Why on earth would anyone want to take photos???:confused:

Am I missing something here?:P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,643 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

...of any of the printed material that you're given to read perhaps...?
    Why on earth would anyone want to take photos???:confused:

Am I missing something here?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Someone asked about phones on the other page, sorry i cant remember who.

Consensia take your phone off you at the beginning and then put either your name or candidate number on it. You get it as soon as you finish all your tasks. You get a name badge as well:).

On the subject of womens clothing i brightened up the Ac with Red shoes a white shirt with red pin stripes and navy calf length dressy trousers!!! Everyone was smart dressed and the 1 girl who came in a hoodie and jeans left after only doing the written part!!! Not sure why she left tho

Hello MrsGeneHunt- my adopted sista!!!!

Yes yes i know this has nothing to do with th AC but i couldnt resist sayin hello.:)

PS i replied to your PM

psni wrote: »
    ...of any of the printed material that you're given to read perhaps...?

Ahhhhhhhh. Penny dropped. Muchas Gracias.

See, I would never be that sneaky so thats why it didnt occur to me!
    I'm a good girl I am!:p

• Advertisement

Hello MrsGeneHunt- my adopted sista!!!!

Yes yes i know this has nothing to do with th AC but i couldnt resist sayin hello.:)

PS i replied to your PM

I know I read it!!! I'll Pm you later sista!! Getting a half day Whoop Whoop!! Will facilitate the removal of this MONSTER hangover nicely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Def not over the top, I have a black suit as well, very managerial!! Dont think it will be too hard a day on the feet, its only for a few hours and you'll be seated for most of it!

Another few weeks til mine, wish it would roll round, really just chomping at the bit to get it over and done with!!!!!!!!:p

I know how you feel. Mine should have been over by now but had to reschedule as was away on holidays on original date. I just want it over so I can stop thinking about it and imagining saying something really ridiculous and feeling like an idiot for the rest of my life :D . Enjoying these boards though. I'm sure my poor hubby is sick hearing about it (the sighs and glazed eyes as I start to talk about it again are a give away) - so at least I get my 'fix' by coming on here!

Thats fine, chat later then:D

Ps- maybe some post will have arrived by then

Hope you feel better soon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Did my A/C 4 weeks ago today!
    So here begins the 2 weeks countdown to my results day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

Sat the s/c on wed. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
    Now the wait................................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Good luck with your AC results and with whatever you decide upon.

regtgunner wrote: »
    Sat the s/c on wed. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
    Now the wait................................

Errr regtgunner as in RAF Regt? (Hello by the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Thanks MrsGH...I have bought a nice black pin-striped trouser suit for the occasion but was worried it might be a bit OTT. But I thought if I'm going to be playing the role of a Manager, I may as well look like one for the day :-) Hope it's not too long a day in the ol' heels though :eek:

I wore a pair of heels and I was fine - go for it! Your sat down most of the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

Yeah you guess right! Raf regiment, well ex regiment now. Hopefully moving on to bigger and better things!

Yeah you guess right! Raf regiment, well ex regiment now. Hopefully moving on to bigger and better things!

Ah our JVB. Future head of CID methinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

Hows that hangover now mrs genehunter? :D
    Did ac not at the start o the week there. Wore smart myself at the AC, other 3 guys in jeans and tshirt. The girls were smartly dressed, inc badcopgoodcop! ;)
    I was surprised about how many were from my locality on the day! I had to travel over 80 miles to get there! Made it in good time, was pretty nervous, never wrote so fast in such a short space of time! Hope they dont need a graphologist to determine what I scrawled! ha

manaka wrote: »
    Hope they dont need a graphologist to determine what I scrawled! ha

They'll need a thesaurus to work out what a graphologist is I would say :D:D

I'll PM you to see if we have mutual acquaintances ;)

Hows that hangover now mrs genehunt? :D

The hangover all gone!
    Too many cosmopolitans last night followed by champagne.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

sorry but when you mentioned thesaurus i couldn't but help think of this awful joke...what do you call a one-eyed dinosaur?

Doyouthinkhesaurus!! :D

Just a lil query on your name, are you a dyslexic JCB driver!? :D:D

I prob asked this before, are you in C13? You still vetting outstanding?

• Advertisement

JVB in already, starting November ( the swine :P )

sorry but when you mentioned thesaurus i couldn't but help think of this awful joke...what do you call a one-eyed dinosaur?

Doyouthinkhesaurus!! :D

Just a lil query on your name, are you a dyslexic JCB driver!? :D:D

I prob asked this before, are you in C13? You still vetting outstanding?

Lol manaka.

What do you say to a dinosaur with 2 heads? Hello, hello! (sorry all)

Yes I start in Nov as MrsGH has said. But before anyone asks, external appts haven't made phone calls for Nov yet, I deferred to this date due to my current employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 squire69

Hey all.

I am new to this board and have found it very useful so far in my application. I had my A.C yesterday and am so glad that it is over. I found the role plays and written exercise went well. My biggest fear, though, is that the situational interview wasn't as strong. I felt much more nervous during this. But who knows!!!! I just hope I get through with a little bit of luck to help me on the way.

All the best to anyone doing theirs in the coming weeks.

At least its all behind you know. Probably best not to stress and "what if" because it will drive you up the wall. I have over three weeks ot wait til I do mine and I am already going boogaloo. Lord knows what I'll be like afterwards having to wait another 6 weeks for results and waiting for Vetting forms to drop through the letterbox...then they might not in which case I am just going to start drinking during the day!!!:D

We are all most likely in for the long haul, there are still intakes of C13 to take place!

Patience - you'll need it in bucketloads!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

hi all

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hi everybody

Well, the friend of a friend came to visit today. She's just finishing her 2 year probabationary period in the PSNI and was very kind to give me some pointers and advice for the assessment centre.

A couple of the example scenarios from her a/c did put the wind up me slightly as I couldn't think of a thing I would have said in response :eek: but I'm hoping divine intervention will help me on the day lol and she assured me she was a nervous wreck when she did hers and she obviously did OK so here's hoping. She said she nearly turned back when she got there as she turned up in combats and a top and everyone was dressed to the nines. I will be dressing up - hoping it will help with my confidence.

I have decided to stop worrying about it, and if it's meant to be it will be - just as long as I don't make a complete idiot of myself (please please) and look at them like a rabbit caught in headlights when I'm asked a question!

Hope everyone is doing OK - it's quiet on here these days. Where are you all hiding? :o

i passed back in middle of june.well i got my vetting forms 5 days after,so heres hoping :)

Hi Mustbecrazy

Long time no see!!!

Good to have you back. Yes the board has been a bit quiet, ACs still going on but the phonecalls for the Sept should kick in next week we think so expect lots of OMG why isnt the phone ringing postings!!
    Also we now have a girls only thread ( tho JVB cant grasp that concept LOL ) so us girlies are chatting over there and generally putting the world to rights!! You'll be very welcome!!

My AC is still a few weeks away I know what you mean about feeling about being dumbstruck in the role plays. But you will do great, I think the key thing is to relax. At least you are in the room on your own with the actor and assessors, and not having everyone ogling on!! I'm really nervous and kind of excited at the same time. I will most likely be a wreck on the day, I will be straight out of there and straight to the nearest bar for a large one LOL

I think you are so right to dress up, I am going in a ultra smart trouser suit, dressing for success and all that. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're applying for a job where the uniform is paramount and defines you, so why would you go to what is in effect an interview and not demonstrate that you can be well turned out. Fair enough you may not be marked on your appearance, but I wouldnt feel the part unless I was dressed it.

Best of luck to you for yours, I know its not too far away. you will do great! Let us know how you get on when you get back.

But come on over to the gals thread, we'd love to see you!:D

Hi everybody

Well, the friend of a friend came to visit today. She's just finishing her 2 year probabationary period in the PSNI and was very kind to give me some pointers and advice for the assessment centre.

A couple of the example scenarios from her a/c did put the wind up me slightly as I couldn't think of a thing I would have said in response :eek: but I'm hoping divine intervention will help me on the day lol and she assured me she was a nervous wreck when she did hers and she obviously did OK so here's hoping. She said she nearly turned back when she got there as she turned up in combats and a top and everyone was dressed to the nines. I will be dressing up - hoping it will help with my confidence.

I have decided to stop worrying about it, and if it's meant to be it will be - just as long as I don't make a complete idiot of myself (please please) and look at them like a rabbit caught in headlights when I'm asked a question!

Hope everyone is doing OK - it's quiet on here these days. Where are you all hiding? :o

belfastard wrote: »
    i passed back in middle of june.well i got my vetting forms 5 days after,so heres hoping :)

Well done!

• Advertisement

cheers.hope vetting wont matter because my sister got in last year and is loving it.roll on medical and merit pool number :)

Advertisement