Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I knew getting vetting forms so early was too good to be true. I have failed i know i have. 25days till i find out for sure!!!!! Il cry for months!!!!!!!!

Hi can anyone tell me a couple of things about the Roleplay..
    1. Can there be more then one actor involved in a given roleplay.
    2. In each of the scenarios am I taking the position of a policeman or can I be anybody?

Also the written exercise seems like it is very similar to the situational interview except I have to put it in writing instead of talking about it.. Is this correct?

Any help is appreciated :)

P.s THanks Given for your advice in previous Thread... how did you get on in A/c.

Sorry this is short and sweet-

Only 1 actor, but 2 assessors in the background

You will/should never take the role of a police officer. You will be given a role like a manager or supervisor etc.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SFMCC

Hi jason
    The Situational interviews and the written part are marking different attributes which are shown on the green sheet you get from consensia (respect for diversity/problem solving etc). You should try and focus on these outcomes for each stage, one you will do by writing responses and the other orally. Hope this makes sense.
    Good luck for your AC's
    SFMCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 welshy1873

Can any one give me advice on what to wear? I want to feel comfortable but not turn up like someone whos on a day off lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SFMCC

Everyone at my last AC's were in suits, I think it gives a better impression when you are presuming a specific role and want to look the part. But I don't think you would get marked down in any way its what you say and not how you look.
    I have mine today and will be dressed formal.
    SFMCC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Hi can anyone tell me a couple of things about the Roleplay..
    1. Can there be more then one actor involved in a given roleplay.
    2. In each of the scenarios am I taking the position of a policeman or can I be anybody?

Also the written exercise seems like it is very similar to the situational interview except I have to put it in writing instead of talking about it.. Is this correct?

Any help is appreciated :)

P.s THanks Given for your advice in previous Thread... how did you get on in A/c.

hey, basically what pyg said in her short and sweet reply answered it for ya:D you may some times get 5 people in the during your role play, the actor, two accesors from consensia and rarley two independant people who make sure its a fair test!

when is yours mate?

cheers, it went good compared to last year and i passed last year, so hoping for a decent merit score!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

SFMCC wrote: »
    Everyone at my last AC's were in suits, I think it gives a better impression when you are presuming a specific role and want to look the part. But I don't think you would get marked down in any way its what you say and not how you look.
    I have mine today and will be dressed formal.
    SFMCC

all the best for your a/c SFMCC, hope ya hit them hard:)

best of luck to all who are doing theyre a/c today and throughout the week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Hi,

First off some good posts here, gave me loads of info!

Second, does anyone know how long it takes between sending in your vetting forms and finding out if you cleared vetting? Also how long it takes to find out what merit number you are?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

Big congrats to all who've got their vetting forms. I know a guy who had his AC on the 13th and hasn't recieved any vetting papers, soooo its a good sign to have got yours. Hmmm WPC PapaYankieGirl, got a sort of ring to it dont ya think :)

hahaha!!!!!! :D:D you've been quiet Judgedredd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I knew getting vetting forms so early was too good to be true. I have failed i know i have. 25days till i find out for sure!!!!! Il cry for months!!!!!!!!

You were convinced you had failed the Ist and were proved wrong.

Now you have done the Ac and got vetting forms straight away and you still think you have failed. I would hate to see how you would be right now if others had got vetting forms and you didn't.

You have clearly passed, Dont go through all this I failed stuff again :D

hahaha!!!!!! :D:D you've been quiet Judgedredd

Aye, just counting down the days to AC, well over a month to go yet! Keep telling myself it's more time to prepare but actually wish it was over and done with.

Dont you early AC guys be taking all the places now ;)

You have clearly passed, Dont go through all this I failed stuff again :D

Or maybe she's been a really bad girl and will take longer to vett :D

only jokin!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

Hello all,

Ive got my A/C in the morning.

Will keep you updated.:eek:

pathway wrote: »
    Hello all,

Ive got my A/C in the morning.

Will keep you updated.:eek:

Best of luck, fingers crossed for you. Co operation, Compromise!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Good luck pathway!

Hello all,

Thanks to all the well wishers.

Glad to say I have just completed my assessment centre.

Ive no idea how I have performed, but hope not to get a 'dear John' .

I thought that the roleplayers would be more aggressive for some reason, but weren't...

As usual , never enough time... I'm a bit of a waffler, in person and on paper....

Going to try and forget about the process for a while if I can.

The worst part is the waiting,now eh?

Good luck to anyone still to do theirs!

:)

Don't want to throw out any negative vibes, but just wondering if anyone has been unsuccessful in the c14 A/C yet?

Any feedback or scores? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Good luck with the results pathway

Hope it works out for ya.

pathway wrote: »
    Don't want to throw out any negative vibes, but just wondering if anyone has been unsuccessful in the c14 A/C yet?

Any feedback or scores? :confused:

I'd say there'l be no failures notified until the 6 week mark (or there abouts).
    It's probably not really to consensia's advantage to get that info out quickly.

• Advertisement

damn it i hate waiting for results!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Hi Folks

The waiting is the hardest part of all. I wake up in the mornings and it is the first thing in my head!! It hasn't been a week since my AC and it feels like I did it months ago!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 zerocoolio

HIHI. I have my AC a the end of July.Still in shock that I passed the IST to be honest.Was just wondering with regards to dress,if the AC is a formal thing or is it casual? Laters for now.

Hey,

PYG is on her usuall count down!!! 3weeks today untill AC results, even though I have my vetting forms posted and all!!!!

All the best to those still waiting to do theirs.

Well down to those who have received vetting forms:)

Where's my sista MGH!!???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

Hey guys, haven't been on here in ages!

Good to see that there's been some proper progress since the last time I posted.

I have my AC tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone who has done it so far has brought any kind of snacks/drinks with them?

Was there anything provided at the location where you all were?

Random question I know, but I get hungry very quickly!

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Hey,

PYG is on her usuall count down!!! 3weeks today untill AC results, even though I have my vetting forms posted and all!!!!

All the best to those still waiting to do theirs.

Well down to those who have received vetting forms:)

Where's my sista MGH!!???:confused:

Yo Sista!! Right here!!
    Have been lurking on the boards but not posting as not really much to contribute - still waiting to take the AC, is a few weeks away yet :(
    Wish it was over!!!

Dont think you have much to worry about PYG as regards AC results!!!

Will PM you later anyway babes for a catchup!

Mr Anderson

As regards food/drink etc I think I remember a post from waaaay back that there was tea/coffee available at the AC. I plan to bring a bottle of water with me but will be too nervous to eat, it will be a miracle if I can get the brekkie down me that morning without serious chundering to follow!!!!!:eek:

Go prepared is what I say, if you think you'll get peckish then pack accordingly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

MrAnderson wrote: »
    Hey guys, haven't been on here in ages!

Good to see that there's been some proper progress since the last time I posted.

I have my AC tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone who has done it so far has brought any kind of snacks/drinks with them?

Was there anything provided at the location where you all were?

Random question I know, but I get hungry very quickly!

Cheers guys

They will only provide water. If you're likely to get hungry, bring something to eat. You don't want to have to shout over all the noise your stomach will be making during the role plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I brought sandwhiches, water and jaffa cakes to my Ac last year, it came in handy let me tell you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Where is everybody these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

I brought sandwhiches, water and jaffa cakes to my Ac last year, it came in handy let me tell you :D

Starvo!:D

Advertisement