Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

carlty888 wrote: »
    A lower number on the merit list means that you're more likely to get in. It doesn't mean you'll get in sooner. You've still got the medical and vetting to go through and this can take longer for some than for others.

A person at merit number 1 may have to wait a year for his/her vetting to go through. They will be offered a place once this has been successfully completed. Another person may have a higher merit score, but could get in sooner as their vetting takes less time.

Passing the A/C is by no means a guarantee of placement. There are around 440 places (220 for RC's, 220 for non-RC's) up for grabs. You gotta be in the top 220 of whatever religious bracket you fall into.

Thanks.
    This is such a loooong process. Can it take less than 6 weeks to find out if you passed the a/c?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Guys
    Just a quick question. In C13 they where looking 440 peeps, ive heard that this time it is only 220. Anyone know.

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Guys
    Just a quick question. In C13 they where looking 440 peeps, ive heard that this time it is only 220. Anyone know.

Its 220 rc's and 220 non-rc's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Guys

I haven't heard anything about the intake numbers for C14, but I really really hope that what you've heard is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    This is such a loooong process. Can it take less than 6 weeks to find out if you passed the a/c?

In previous campaigns it took less than the full 6 weeks for your pass/fail letter. At my A/C on Monday the guy from Consensia mentioned that the PSNI had specifically asked them to take the full 42 days before issuing the letters.

This is the quick part of the process. You're in for a very long wait once the vetting and medicals kick in.

• Advertisement

carlty888 wrote: »
    In previous campaigns it took less than the full 6 weeks for your pass/fail letter. At my A/C on Monday the guy from Consensia mentioned that the PSNI had specifically asked them to take the full 42 days before issuing the letters.

This is the quick part of the process. You're in for a very long wait once the vetting and medicals kick in.

Thanks- I thought you would say that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Hi all, I have a new address now and wonder should I let Consensia know? Is there a direct number I can contact them on to let them know same? Cheers.

1st time IST Failed
    2nd time IST Passed!
    Date for A/C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

people seem to be away today this is the number i have but what code you use from the south is another thing ring 90 650222 and ask to speak to recruitment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Yep I have my A/C on Tuesday! Didn't even think i would have got this far! It will be a long 6 weeks waiting for the results!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Morning

Well folks, its not even 2 weeks since my AC and i have just received vetting documents from the PSNI!!!!! Have i passed the AC then???????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

has to be a sure sign that you have done very well! January intake for you has to be a possibility!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

I did mine the same day as you PYG, and got out vetting forms today as well. Oooo what does it all mean?! lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Morning

Well folks, its not even 2 weeks since my AC and i have just recieved a vetting documents from the PSNI!!!!! Have i passed the AC then???????

Yes, that is a very good sign!

If anyone is looking for PYG (me) ill be next door in the vetting section.

PS i have the vetting forms filled out already!!!

Well done to bobbin and anyone else.:D:D

Thanks everyone.

Right, im away to pull up a seat in the vetting section:rolleyes:

dont want to get your hopes up too much or sound like a lick but you have got to be 100 % in the Psni now, so long as you pass vetting and medical. Should be feeling good :cool:

Thanks,

Lets just hope that i have scored high enough merit wise.

Vetting wont be a prob, medical shouldnt be either!!!!!!

Ill not build my hopes up too much.

Hope you get the call soon

Is the 1st intake for C14 January????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

( in Kevin and Perry voice ) ITS SOOOOO UNFAIRRRRRRRRRRRR

PYG all getting vetted and I havent even done my AC yet and wont for another freaking seven weeks!!!!!! She'll probably be in Garnerville by then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

But I still love her:p

Its good reading all the excited posts from the August guys and gals keeps the old spirits up!

It'll be me one day! ( and lather ,rinse, repeat ):)

You must have done very well if you got the vetting part so soon, last time round the guys with scores in the 60's who posted on here didnt even get things moving that fast, unless the process is different this time again to speed it up but to be vetted so early when people have yet to do their Ac they must be fairly confident you have made it to the standard to be at the top of the pool or there abouts.

I think the first intake is January, Cant say for sure though. I been hearing that intakes recently have had very small numbers in them (Police officer told me this) and I remember from last time they had to mix and match people from campaigns to make an intake, but I say it should be January, maybe December in your case

Blow my head up why dont you!!!! Thanks:p:):D.

I hope you and MrsGeneHunt are right about me getting in and doing well!!! I read on the forum ages back that the 1st intake was November, but hey december or jan would do lovely thanks!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Well done PYG were proud of ye!! with the tricky parts over you can now (kinda) relax and wait :). It looks promising for u. Fingers crossed eh!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Just got back home today after being away a few days and found a big vetting questionnaire on the door mat. My AC was on friday 13th.

I almost fell over with excitement!!:D

It says at the bottom of one of the info sheets i recieved with the questionnaire, "The vetting process commences after an applicants successful completion of the assessment centre"

Is it just PYG, Bobbin and Me so far?

Best move myself along to the next thread.

Hope more of you join us soon!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

PYG, Bobbin and Inspector, congratulations! You lot are flying through the process!! I'm in awe at how little time it took for your vetting docs to arrive with you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Well done PYG Bobbin and Inspector.
    Great to see more good news on the thread.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HGVwannab

Hi guys, I really don't want to be in anyway negative here and it's great to see that the vetting forms are going out but just remember the merit pool cannot be determined until everyone has gone through the AC as whoever scores Number 1 may still be weeks away from sitting their AC. I'm sure they wouldn't vet everybody for cost reasons so I definately think the scores of anyone recieving vetting must be pretty good but think it's best just to remember there are still a whole lot more due to do their AC. I really hope this isn't taken badly and I genuinely think the score must be great to recieve vetting, just want to put my thoughts across and put others minds at ease. So Mrsgenehunt and anyone else waiting to do AC please don't worry this shouldn't guarentee spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

HGVwannab wrote: »
    Hi guys, I really don't want to be in anyway negative here and it's great to see that the vetting forms are going out but just remember the merit pool cannot be determined until everyone has gone through the AC as whoever scores Number 1 may still be weeks away from sitting their AC. I'm sure they wouldn't vet everybody for cost reasons so I definately think the scores of anyone recieving vetting must be pretty good but think it's best just to remember there are still a whole lot more due to do their AC. I really hope this isn't taken badly and I genuinely think the score must be great to recieve vetting, just want to put my thoughts across and put others minds at ease. So Mrsgenehunt and anyone else waiting to do AC please don't worry this shouldn't guarentee spaces.

I do agree HGV. It's hard to not get a bit excited though. I think there's no doubt it's a good sign all the same!
    You're right to remind us to remain level headed!

They have been doing assessment centres for a long time now so they know what scores are going to be good enough without having the full list.

Last time round those who scored highest got their vetting first and medical as well, and this time seems to be the same. I would say if you get vetting forms after two weeks they have an idea you are at least going to be in the top 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

I was in the top 200 and it took me until August to get the call. No one really knows how it works. We just need to be carefull about giving false hopes etc. Again as HGV has said, i am not trying to be negative. This is a very stressfull process as we all know. We need to be level headed here guys.
    Apart from that, a very well done so far for all those with the good news. the hardest bit is over!!!!!!

wanalaugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

Just got back home today after being away a few days and found a big vetting questionnaire on the door mat. My AC was on friday 13th.

were you in the morning or evening group?? i was there on the 13th as well and have also received my vetting forms 1 short week later! :D

congrats to those who have got this far, good luck to those still waiting to do theirs, as a frequent flyer (3rd time at a/c) i know the feelings of anxiety, but once you get into the roleplays the time flies in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HGVwannab

I do agree HGV. It's hard to not get a bit excited though. I think there's no doubt it's a good sign all the same!
    You're right to remind us to remain level headed!

Oh don't worry I know exactly what you mean, every little stage you move on gets you all fired up again, but I definately think you have a reason to be excited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

Hey guys

just done the a/c on the 19th there. Not too sure how i dont i can only hope for the best, it was my first time doing it, ive sat the IST 5 times and this is my first time passing it LOL

ILL NEVER GIVE UP!!! heehee

I am a bit lost now with everything as its my first time gettingt his far!

Is it same to say that if you dont recieve a vetting form within say 2 weeks after sitting the A/C that you havent passed??

im really hoping im going to get some vetting forms

or is it safe to say that you may not recieve them until you get the results in 6 weeks time????

it seems people are gettingt vetting forms very early on, like 2 weeks after the A/C

can someone shed light for me!!!

by the way, good luck to everyone!!!

Advertisement