Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    I need to go out and buy all the bits and bobs ie boot polish, socks (tights for polishing boots as per psni's list). My wife says i looked strange wearing the tights while i was practising polishing my shoes. I would assume thats what you do with the tights psni can you confirm lol ........

Oh I bet they'll be fighting over sharing a room with you at G'ville :D

You guys (especially Alan) are getting ahead of the game. Good on you. Best not to be leaving everything to a mad dash the week before you start.

Although I start in Nov I'm still a wee bit jealous that you're all hyped up for August. Wish I was on that one with you guys now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mercucio

hi psni,can you go through with me from start to finish what happens from when you apply to your letter to say your in,and also see the way you can do a pre garda course,does the psni do something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Yep guys, got my pack today as well. And done what it says on the tin 'put the acceptance form in the first post'..It could be a test lol

Alan, i swear your mad lol your ready to go and all. Your fit, got your suits ready, bought and packed your stuff, the heap. Think i'll stick with you matey when we get in lol. And i'll bull your boots for any help in return. Its been 20 years since ive had to bull boots for parade. But it'll come back to me. Its like therapy to help from all the stress throughout the day.

What about the rest of you guys. Are you getting prepared. I need to go out and buy all the bits and bobs ie boot polish, socks (tights for polishing boots as per psni's list). My wife says i looked strange wearing the tights while i was practising polishing my shoes. I would assume thats what you do with the tights psni can you confirm lol ........

Sounds good mate

Il help you out and vice versa, Well it's a good start to the team work aspect. Just hope we get put in the same squad.

My wife thinks I can't wait to get away from her ! " O I see your packed an all, Can't wait to get away from me then " lol.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

mercucio wrote: »
    hi psni,can you go through with me from start to finish what happens from when you apply to your letter to say your in,and also see the way you can do a pre garda course,does the psni do something like that?

HERE is the application process, and no, the PSNI do not run courses for the general public.

EDIT: Next time, please post your general questions HERE.

Any more news anyone? Was Tom the only one that got word today?

• Advertisement

Any more news anyone? Was Tom the only one that got word today?

Seems that way Alan. I asked him to come and say hello to you and the August crew :D

For a giggle: Was at The Police concert last night in Stormont (awesome, had gold circle tickets and could have spat on Sting I was that close. I didn't :D) Anyway, we parked at a friends close to Stormont and drove there via Knock area. We drove past turning for G'ville and I said to wife, 'Oh, there's where I do my training' She said, 'I never knew it was here' but then she followed with 'Oh god yeh, I see there's signs everywhere for it.' I then realised she was looking at the AA signs for directions to The Police Concert! Oh how I laughed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tom360

Hi everyone, pleased to be joining this thread, its been a long wait but worth it.

Take it no one else received any word yesterday?

JVB i am able to type but my hands are still a bit shaky lol

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Hi Tom, welcome to the Team........
    And well done. As i think someone has already stated. To have gotten the call up, is something special. As far as it goes, due to the number of applicants etc, it looks like one of the hardest police forces to get in. Aint we so smart guys :D

wanalaugh

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

JVB
    I asked one of the guys that works with me if he wanted to go to the house warming party i had last night. He said he couldnt go because his kids had bought him tickets to go to the 'police' concert at Stormont. I said, what do you want to go and watch the police for? Now dont laugh or take a hand out of me. But I thought it was the PSNI band he was gona see. Oh how they ALL laughed at me when the penny finally dropped lol
    Its a hard job trying to fool people that your not really stupid. Hope you guys dont catch on to me ;)

wanalaugh

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Still no call for me What do you think the chances are they'll be notifiying people next week? To be honest I reckon they would be aiming to get it all done within the first week to give people as much time as possible with handing in notice etc. but im just living in hope. Does anybody know from previous intakes how long they were ringing people for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

my thoughts exactly boutye :confused:

Good luck today peeps

I hope yas get a nice wee phone call today. Fingers crossed for yas.

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Cheers dude, none for me though. Think im flogging a dead horse for August. Ah well, whats another 5 or 6 weeks of waiting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

goodcopbadcop and BoutYe if you have a spare crop I can help you flogging :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Scania580

Got suspended ten days ago, but im back!
    Delighted to hear your great news,If anyone has earned it you have!
    Go! the ALLO!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Monkeymagic824

I will welcome myself to this thread people, got the call today out of the blue start on 3rd aug. any advice for the up and coming training would be much appreciated.

Well done leegibson

We will see you at SRN on 21st mate.:)

Yes well done LeeG. Just keep yourself (relatively) fit, be organized with regards to returning your forms to external appointments and collating your requested information i.e birth cert etc. Oh and don't get lifted :D See you on the other side ...

cheers guys just in from celebrating, not sure if its sunk in yet lol ive been trying 4 years and its like a dream come true, let the good times begin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

leegibson7 wrote: »
    cheers guys just in from celebrating, not sure if its sunk in yet lol ive been trying 4 years and its like a dream come true, let the good times begin

Welcome to the club mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Well done!!! Huge congratulations, I wish you all the best!:)

super,smashing,great Lee!!

I thought all the August calls were done long ago, but like I said people drop out etc and some lucky people get last minute calls or letters.

All the best!

Cheers, i have my AC for the new campaign monday, dont know if i should still go or not??

leegibson7 wrote: »
    Cheers, i have my AC for the new campaign monday, dont know if i should still go or not??

Hi Lee. If you asked this question of external appointments they would advise you to still attend as you only have a provisional job offer and, I suppose, things could change. This would be them covering all angles, because if they told you not to attend and for whatever reason your training place was rescinded, you would have a case to argue. My own thoughts are that if you have a training place 4 weeks away, I wouldn't continue in C14. But this is only my opinion. Maybe psni or other Boardsies could help?
    Best of luck mate.

I have to say in my honest opinion, you would be absolutely crazy to go and go through 4 hours of role plays when you are in. Just my opinion anyway, you're in, take it easy until training starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

I'm with GCGC on this one, why put yourself through an AC when you're in?? From what I can gather you have a lot of paperwork to pull together not to mention shopping to do etc etc plus I would try and chill out before going in as you'll not get a chance once you've started!

Concentrate on 3rd August is my advice, for what its worth! I'm praying to any God that will have me that I've only to do an AC once!!!!!:p

Once you're in, you're in. You can safely withdraw from C14.

thanks fo the advice, think i will pull out, external appointments said it was upto me but there would be no change in my position unless i got a criminal conviction between now and 3rd aug or ended up medically unfit

Is your name actually Lee Gibson?

They have probably been reading on here and noticed your enthusiasm :D

• Advertisement

Hi Lee

Again well done on getting the call.
    I would definitely withdraw from C14 mate. YOU ARE IN ! Concentrate now on getting your admin stuff together for the SRN and above all mate enjoy the fact that 'you made it'. It wont be long now until we all start and I think you would only be putting yourself under unnecessary pressure by doing the C14 stuff again!

Bring on July 21st mate

Advertisement