Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animated Toys. Worth Getting?

Options
  • 19-06-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

So, now that the animated figures are beginning to turn up, what ones are worth getting? I have to say I'm not hugely impressed having seen them in person. The only one i might get so far is Prowl.

Any advice from those who have some as to what ones are good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

padimus wrote: »
    So, now that the animated figures are beginning to turn up, what ones are worth getting? I have to say I'm not hugely impressed having seen them in person. The only one i might get so far is Prowl.

Any advice from those who have some as to what ones are good or bad?

So far I've Bulkhead, Starscream and Grimlock and i have to say they're all excellent. I'm a huge fan of animated's aesthetic, so while the transformations may be basic the toys 'character' more than makes up for it.

Of the three, Grimlock would be my favourite, partly because it's a toy i always wanted as a child, but it also features something I love of this new line - that they capture so much of the spirit of the original show. e.g. Grimlock's transformation being almost identical to his G1 toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well theyre only really hitting the local shops for me now but im not really that impressed with them. ive grown to like the show (in the main) and while i laud the guts theyve showed the style just doesnt do anything for me.

probably doesnt help the selections crap so far. ive seen starscream and bulkhead but the rest are either small ones or two sets like prime and megs.

TBH of the lot of em i reckon the dinos are the best. no sign of em near me yet but ive seen a fair few demos online and grimlock is pretty cool ! plus it'd be nice to actually have a chance at buying a swoop this side of the atlantic sometime soon.

by the way ive heard theres been some problems with the toys in terms of loose joints and heads in some cases. seibertron.com has a bit in their news sections covering how to fix these if ya dont want to bring them back to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Grimlock and Snarl and Pretty decent and should fill you with Nostaliga.A missed chance to put the flame in snarls mouth for dino mode.
    Grimlock is Grimlock and just Great.

Starscream is a nice Figure with some issues over teh hand molding.
    A good addition to the starscream figures. Not too fond of the way the arms go in Jet mode.But the Missles block the view of the hands.

The prime emgs two pack are nice. Megs Jet is pretty sweet from above but from below well his Face is looking at you. Shame really. The legs can present a little trouble in stanging the figure. His Sword feature seems an afterthought and is best left in gun mode.
    Prime is a nice Truck and runs with the base Prime transformation. Love teh two handed Axe feature. Both figures have a Torse punch action with I could have done without. Really adds nothing to them as they've no real reach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

Got Prowl at the weekend and i'm pretty impressed, The only problem i have is the loose leg joints. I'm still sitting on the fence as regards the other figures though.

Rachet is a Quant little Figure. He has replaced Movie Racthet on my G1 shelf.
    The Four Tools are a nice touch. but there is no where to store them in Vec mode which is a shame. He's a quick easy transformation between modes. And Again has Opening hands. The Flick Tools is slightly irksome as they go off at the slightest touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Potatoprime

MarkHall wrote: »
    The Flick Tools is slightly irksome as they go off at the slightest touch.

If you keep his arms straight they wont. The gimmick is activated by the elbow joint.

Cheers for that.

Advertisement