Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

given1 wrote: »
    in two minds of complaing to consenia that they should have a memory test and to the psni about lowering the age of recruits:D

:eek: Why you little ... ;) They used to have a memory test, didn't they? I forget :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jonesville

hey any of guys who got the call know when the info is getting posted out? also what date is the SRN i received the call in work on monday so kinda missed a bit of the info while trying to serve customers. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Jonesville wrote: »
    hey any of guys who got the call know when the info is getting posted out? also what date is the SRN i received the call in work on monday so kinda missed a bit of the info while trying to serve customers. :o

Appointments said the info pack should be with me by the end of the week. The SRN is on july 21st. It's a Monday night I think !

Ack I half expected to see some good news on the forum when i got back!
    I guess people will only be getting in from work around now so maybe, just maybe............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I would say everyone has been contacted by now, 4 people off here so far. i wonder how the people who dont know about this forum are coping with the waiting around, probably forgot all about it by now :D

• Advertisement

I would say everyone has been contacted by now, 4 people off here so far. i wonder how the people who dont know about this forum are coping with the waiting around, probably forgot all about it by now :D

No I think it will take a week or 2 to contact all peeps.
    I don't know where I read that but I think it was only today I seen that they do one by one........Contact them if it's a yes then they do the contract. Contact the next one then do that contract etc etc.

Alan, tell me Im in already why dont you, building my hopes up there!!:D

Im already jumping like a maniac everytime I feel a twitch in my leg at work, or the other day When i got a witheld call and sprinted out to answer it and it was a false alarm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Im already jumping like a maniac everytime I feel a twitch in my leg at work, or the other day When i got a witheld call and sprinted out to answer it and it was a false alarm :(

Tell me about it!!!! I've never looked at my phone as much as this last few days to see if its working! Still no call tho :(

Alan, tell me Im in already why dont you, building my hopes up there!!:D

Seriously mate I really am hoping for ya. You have had a long slog of it and I think you deserve to get in.

I do know how your felling mate and would love for you to get the news, Be good if we all ended up in the same class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 egwene

my phone has been permantly glued to my hand this last week!

i swear i totally blame this forum!! :p

untill i came accross this forum I got through the IST, assesment centre, and medical without giving the thing much thought, and now im absolutly obsessing!:rolleyes:

hope they're not done calling people... i know my vetting and all is cleared, and know there are people who got in in previous months who are lower in the merit pool then me, so id be gutted if I dont get in ...

anyone get the call today?

• Advertisement

Any more boardies get any news?

Going to get my dinner ready peeps so will stay connected but may not be at the computer.
    I so want to come back and see good news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

JVB wrote: »
    :eek: Why you little ... ;) They used to have a memory test, didn't they? I forget :p

right enough they did have the memory test, oldies must have complained that they were in an unfair position:D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

No probs psni.
    The person most releaved is my wife, i was doing her head in lol.
    All she got was 'do you think im in', 'when do you think they'll call', 'is that call for me', 'no one has called, im not getting in', 'i'll never pass the medical' etc lol i think if i had have had to go through another campaign she would have divorced me. mmmmm now theres a thought :D
    oh, and sorry for doin your head in psni.

Well now that we're in chaps, is there any info that would help us other than what we have gathered through via previous posts etc that we should know. There is good info on what to bring on the starting Garny board

What I mean is, what is the agenda etc..week 1 we do this, week 2 we do that etc.
    Also what is the minimum fitness level to go in with. Sounds a strange question in know. Ive been told we have to do the gym course in 3mins 43 secs and the run outside (5k - 5 laps of base) is not really timed. Just as long as you put a good effort in.
    Or should we go in open minded.

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    What I mean is, what is the agenda etc..week 1 we do this, week 2 we do that etc.
    Also what is the minimum fitness level to go in with. Sounds a strange question in know. Ive been told we have to do the gym course in 3mins 43 secs and the run outside (5k - 5 laps of base) is not really timed. Just as long as you put a good effort in.
    Or should we go in open minded.

Wanalaugh, I think going with an open mind is the best approach. If we know too much about the road ahead we will have anticipations of what to expect, when the reality may be quite different :eek:
    For fitness, I believe that you should aim to be as fit as you can be. Everyone will have different fitness levels so don't aim for a 10k in 36 mins if you know it's not achievable. As I posted before on the old thread (ah those were the days :D), passing training is tough both physically and mentally demanding. The PSNI fitness standards are relatively moderate but throw in all the work, study, kit prep & stress and it all builds up. Fitness is a given, you can improve that now. As AlanB mentioned. Healthy body, healthy mind (or words to that effect:)).

No probs psni.
    The person most releaved is my wife, i was doing her head in lol.

:D I know what you mean about the other half. I completely did my wife's head in. I used to phone if she got home before me and interrogate her about the post :D I only found this site after my med, so she got the full force of my frustrations during selection. Poor woman! I think she's relieved I found this site, the divorce papers are back in the cupboard now :D

LOL good one JVB.

Oh, and open mind it will be.

Where is that bloomin envelope lol

wanalaugh

Hi peeps

Received my info pack this morning - lots of bumff in it and a confirmation form to return.
    Just about to go threw it now. Hehe, I am even more excited now lol

Lovely peeps,

We all have to purchase the P.E kit at £120. I thought someone said all kit was supplied free of charge?
    It is taken out of our wages over 3 months.

Lovely peeps,

We all have to purchase the P.E kit at £120. I thought someone said all kit was supplied free of charge?
    It is taken out of our wages over 3 months.

Hi Alan, psni said that all uniform is free, meaning your day-to-day uniform; but the PE kit is to be paid for. Scandalous I know :eek:

• Advertisement

Mmmmmm

I thought P.E kit was uniform ........As in P.E uniform, everyone has to wear them so they are 'uniform' eh?

Not that I am complaining about it, just find it odd.
    Can't wait to Monday JVB..........Getting the rest of my things for G'ville!
    Just sent off my acceptance form confirming I will be there for training on 3rd August.

Anybody get word today or anyone get their info pack yet?

Everybody is quiet today

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Everybody is quiet today

No phone call for me :( Im guessing i've not got this one and will just have to hold out for the next intake.

No call for me either, think the August intake is no more, september is the one maybe? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bookemdanno

Everybody is quiet today

I got my pack yesterday. The charge for the uniform was mentioned a few pages back on the old Website. Also details of how to get a new medical card if you need one.Won't be long now until SRN.:):):)

I got my pack yesterday. The charge for the uniform was mentioned a few pages back on the old Website. Also details of how to get a new medical card if you need one.Won't be long now until SRN.:):):)

Can't wait to SRN!
    Sent off my confirmation form this affo. Have filled everything out etc and lol your not going to believe this but I have gathered my good suits and shirts ties etc etc I am ready to pack lol

You don't half have to gather some stuff together ie: driving licence,med card, n.i. card,birth cert, marriage cert, car insurance ,mot cert,tax book blah blah blah lol.

just need to get new licence and try find birth cert now!

Hey peeps

Went to Newforge country club today when I was in town, Place is excellent. Spoke with the fitness manager and got a couple of forms for myself and my wife. Joining it on monday - Good things is you have free personal fitness instructors, their is Physio ......Ahh their is too much to mention but yas should check the website out.
    http://www.newforge.com/default.aspx

Yep guys, got my pack today as well. And done what it says on the tin 'put the acceptance form in the first post'..It could be a test lol

Alan, i swear your mad lol your ready to go and all. Your fit, got your suits ready, bought and packed your stuff, the heap. Think i'll stick with you matey when we get in lol. And i'll bull your boots for any help in return. Its been 20 years since ive had to bull boots for parade. But it'll come back to me. Its like therapy to help from all the stress throughout the day.

What about the rest of you guys. Are you getting prepared. I need to go out and buy all the bits and bobs ie boot polish, socks (tights for polishing boots as per psni's list). My wife says i looked strange wearing the tights while i was practising polishing my shoes. I would assume thats what you do with the tights psni can you confirm lol ........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I'm closing my eyes and saying to myself: "respect for diversity, respect for diversity, respect for diversity..."
    Yep guys, got my pack today as well. And done what it says on the tin 'put the acceptance form in the first post'..It could be a test lol

Alan, i swear your mad lol your ready to go and all. Your fit, got your suits ready, bought and packed your stuff, the heap. Think i'll stick with you matey when we get in lol. And i'll bull your boots for any help in return. Its been 20 years since ive had to bull boots for parade. But it'll come back to me. Its like therapy to help from all the stress throughout the day.

What about the rest of you guys. Are you getting prepared. I need to go out and buy all the bits and bobs ie boot polish, socks (tights for polishing boots as per psni's list). My wife says i looked strange wearing the tights while i was practising polishing my shoes. I would assume thats what you do with the tights psni can you confirm lol ........

Advertisement