Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Bugged :mad:

• 18-06-2008 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Hi,

Basically I and my family and some others are under surveillence by a private investigator hired by a well known Irish business.

To cut a long story short we KNOW that we are bugged - audio, video, analogue phone, mobile and Internet - the whole lot. Also our cars bugged.

Ive been told its a private detective whos an ex guard. He gets access to the mobile phone tapping through friends in the Garda Siochana and uses criminals that he got to know through his job as a guard to take the risk putting the bugging devices in place.

Any advice on how to deal with this piece of s*it?

Also, does the Gardai know that this is going on? If they do its a scandal! :mad:

Also, the "ex" criminals get €600 per day so the PI must be on some dosh but none of them are paying tax. Anyone know how to contact customs? What are customs not doing something about this?

I have talked to a Garda and the PSNI informally about the above and they confirmed that this goes on. But I need help so any advice appreciated.

Anyone else experience this.

Apologies if the post is quite serious, Im not looking for legal advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

What have you done to warrent the attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Just let the girl go man. Thats all they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ah yeah man I know where you're coming from.

Sure me and my family have been bugged and tracked for years by various 'organisations'.

My attitude is - **** 'em - if they wanted Shergar back that badly they should have paid the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

snyper wrote: »
    What have you done to warrent the attention?

It started off a few years ago. I kinda discovered something that was basically fraud and started posted it on the Internet. I should have kept my big mouth shut.

Immediately my housemates found people in the house, clicking and other interference started on my phone, my car brakes were savataged, I was followed down a country road and oh yeah I ended up in hospital for 2 weeks after collapsing for no explained reason - the doctors said I was on drugs/drugged (I never touched drugs).

I just want to leave it behind me now, Im happy to keep my mouth shut but I need rid of the surveillence.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ah yeah man I know where you're coming from.

Sure me and my family have been bugged and tracked for years by various 'organisations'.

My attitude is - **** 'em - if they wanted Shergar back that badly they should have paid the money!

Thanks AnonoBoy, Im glad to hear we are not the only ones aware/experiencing this.

Can I ask; is it private detectives or the law that are bugging you?

The thing is I don't brake the law much, I go to mass and am not that bad a person that way. I don't think I deserve this treatment and my family definitely don't. I feel guilty that people are watching and listening to them.

My father was bugged before so hes not surprised. We had a relation that was "invovled" in the troubles hence the law bugged everyone.

Any advice appeciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Sounds like an interesting film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Gareth37 wrote: »
    It started off a few years ago. I kinda discovered something that was basically fraud and started posted it on the Internet. I should have kept my big mouth shut.

Immediately my housemates found people in the house, clicking and other interference started on my phone, my car brakes were savataged, I was followed down a country road and oh yeah I ended up in hospital for 2 weeks after collapsing for no explained reason - the doctors said I was on drugs/drugged.

I just want to leave it behind me know, Im happy to keep my mouth shut but I need rid of the surveillence.

Note to self : Next time in Derry don't look for rental accommodation, book into hotel :eek:

I got bugged once after having an affair with a married woman, I wasn't under surveillance, dirty bitch had crabs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Hire someone to follow and watch whoever is following and watching you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Care to tell us what this fraud was?
    Jesus that sounds rough. Could you notify the fuzz about it? I mean if at the end of it all it turns out that theres crooked cops involved, you could be brought into a whole world of s***.

Its not as easy as that.

Most of the surveillence is electronic, I don't have the equipment to find it.

Only other ex guards and guards have the know how in this country I think. I cannot really trust any other private detective as they could be the ones doing it and they could be all buddies too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Good idea but make sure the person you hire to follow and watch whoever is following and watching you isn't being followed by the person who is watching you and following the person you hired to and watch whoever is following and watching you.

Thanks AnonoBoy, Im glad to hear we are not the only ones aware/experiencing this.

Can I ask; is it private detectives or the law that are bugging you?

The thing is I don't brake the law much, I go to mass and am not that bad a person that way. I don't think I deserve this treatment and my family definitely don't. I feel guilty that people are watching and listening to them.

My father was bugged before so hes not surprised. We had a relation that was "invovled" in the troubles hence the law bugged everyone.

Any advice appeciated.

Well Gareth (if that is your real name!) myself and my family generally find that it's a mixture of Private Dicks and The Man that are bugging us. A combination that we have begrudgingly learned to call DickMan.

Not a moment of our lives is private anymore. In fact most of it (especially my bedroom antics) is available online for a nominal fee.

LINK: www.anonoboybedroompervert.com

Seeing as this sounds like something out of a film, I suggest you solve as they do in films.

Shoot the **** out of them, making sure to jump out of the way of plenty of explosions.

You could also hire the Sniper from TF2. He's an assassin (not a crazed gunman).

Notorious wrote: »
    Care to tell us what this fraud was?
    Jesus that sounds rough. Could you notify the fuzz about it? I mean if at the end of it all it turns out that theres crooked cops involved, you could be brought into a whole world of s***.

Im not going to mention the "fraud" but lets just say plenty know about it, they just don't go around shouting about it. I don't want to get involved, I just want my privacy back.

The guard I spoke to said they all knew about it, maybe I shouldn't say that because its a scandal buts its true :(

Im thinking of saying something alright, how should I proceed?

I don't want a full blown investigation because its embarissing. Plus Im feared a little for my life. I think that these private detectives are above the law.

I think that these private detectives are above the law.

Bastards are using handgliders then, eh?

The guys after my family do the same - only with jetpacks!

If only Batman existed. :(

Davidius wrote: »
    If only Batman existed. :(

Wait.....If only? what the hell are you on about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

I know the feeling man :p just keep your mouth shut and when you feel their pushing you against the wall let a little info out, wouldn't it be good if you could have something set to release info if you don't access your computer within a certain amount of time? :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Jim Corr, is that you?

stink_fist wrote: »
    wouldn't it be good if you could have something set to release info if you don't access your computer within a certain amount of time? :p

Like Sandra Bullock in that movie. Whaddya call it?

Eh..... The Net?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If you know all this, why don't you change your mobile number to an unregistered pay as you go sim, move house, sell the car etc?

I call BS.

Like Sandra Bullock in that movie. Whaddya call it?

Eh..... The Net?

No wait. I meant The Lake House.

Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Gareth37 wrote:
    I think that these private detectives are above the law.

Well I'd say its more that they think they are above the law. Maybe if you just leave it, since you don't want anything to do with this fraud and once the PI notices that you're not mouthing off about it he'll quit.
    Though I know I'd want to say something about it. I'm not sure about the different levels of our trusted Gardaí, but I'm sure someone here knows some branch you could talk to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

and they include delusions of being controlled by an external force; the belief that thoughts are being inserted into or withdrawn from one's conscious mind; the belief that one's thoughts are being broadcast to other people; and hearing hallucinatory voices that comment on one's thoughts or actions or that have a conversation with other hallucinated voices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia#Signs_and_symptoms

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

No wait. I meant The Lake House.

Damn it.
    Don't mock the poor man, every bus he gets on, there's a chance it's The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

imagine the fear of taking a taxi etc when your being bugged :o
    what type of fraud are we talking about? large scale or some tiny lil thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Rb wrote: »
    If you know all this, why don't you change your mobile number to an unregistered pay as you go sim, move house, sell the car etc?

I call BS.

What is BS?

They can bug more than 1 house you know. The information that I have is that they have very sophisticated bugging equipment.

As for the mobile phone, they just need your IMEI or something and pass it onto their buddy in the Gardai. I do have 3 mobiles now, at least 1 is obviously bugged, the other 2 seem to be ok. No clicks or dosconnects except for once on one of the phones.

Robbo wrote: »
    Don't mock the poor man, every bus he gets on, there's a chance it's The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down.

Who could have foreseen so many Sandra Bullock references in one AH thread?

I truly believe that the OP is living in fear of his life. This fraud must go all the way to the top. We're probably talking dozens, if not hundreds of euros being defrauded from innocent Sandra Bullock fans here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement