Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Higher Lvl, what to expect

• 06-06-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

The history paper is very repetitive every year. Studenys only get caught out when they dont look at the marking scheme. If the question has 15 marks its requires more detail then a 5 mark question. I think the renaissance is due to come up this year, hasnt been on the paper in a while!!!Anyone have any other feelings about what might come up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Aidan Disney

Well from a 'unknown' sourse ;) We were told to expect renaissance :rolleyes:

I hate history still in HL tho .. Hope its also a good paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 shantow

plantations and industrial revolution are due up, the famine aswell!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Colm07

no problem, historys easy, i didnt study at all at the mocks and i got 92

industrial revo is due as q5/6 this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Burkie08

wooo gud advise ppl keep it cumin:)

also apparently hitlers not gna come up so its either stalin or mussolini

id so mussolini but like my teachers old...so maybe u shudnt listne 2 me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

any tips to expect whats on the essays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

Northern Ireland and the unionists is almost definite according to my teacher and a few others.
    Other than that plantations, age of revolutions and explorations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Northern Ireland questions are always the least attempted ones on the JC History paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 t-mobile1892

We hav the worst history teacher.....our class practically did all the work durin the year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 winner92

Does anyone have an idea on what might come up on question 4 (people in history)??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 t-mobile1892

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    Same here but history is one of those subjects you can learn yourself easy enough. I read the revise wise book the night before the pre's and got 80%.

Same here(read revision book before mocks) but i got 84% :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Apparently an examiner at my school told one of the students that Plantations is coming up. Didn't say whether it was question 5 or 6 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Apparently an examiner at my school told one of the students that Plantations is coming up. Didn't say whether it was question 5 or 6 though

No offense to you but there is no way that the examiner could know that. The way it works is that selected teachers submit 3 long questions each and 1 MAY be used on the exam. The short questions are selected at random I believe. I didn't study for the mocks, just learned the basis of some essays the night before and then got the only A in my year

Advertisement