Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New features/tags

Options
  • 05-06-2008 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭

hi
    i've started tagging threads in this forum for ease of use for others especially newbies

i say this airsoft forum for about a year before i came in i assumed it was some sorta paintball crosased with shooting forum and so i could have spent even more of my hard earned on aegs etc

i'd would ask in the spirit of community that we tag the threads that are/will be of use to others in the future

so far:

airsoft retailer
    airsoft site
    legal airsoft
    airsoft community
    airsoft event

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Good Idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

What?

Are you suggesting that we add keywords to our posts if we believe it's a valuable thread?

What?

Are you suggesting that we add keywords to our posts if we believe it's a valuable thread?

Rabbit are you thick/blind?

Look between the last post and the quick reply module. In there is a bar called tags. Anyone can edit them. Just add relevant tags to all the major threads to help the noobs if they hit search. Though, tbh, most will google it which brings them here anyways:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

a bit of a waste of time considering most of the thread titles are self explanatory ie Eirsoft retailer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Rabbit are you thick/blind?

Look between the last post and the quick reply module. In there is a bar called tags. Anyone can edit them. Just add relevant tags to all the major threads to help the noobs if they hit search. Though, tbh, most will google it which brings them here anyways:D

No, I'm not thick or blind. No need to be so aggressive.

I can see the tags now. I never scroll to the 'quick reply' area so I hadn't noticed the tags part. That whole quick reply thing isn't enabled due to the way I have my preferences set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Gatling wrote: »
    a bit of a waste of time considering most of the thread titles are self explanatory ie Eirsoft retailer

not if they have drifted to the second or third page

it would allow a person to hit the tag and be presented with all the retailer threads
    or sites

No, I'm not thick or blind. No need to be so aggressive.

I can see the tags now. I never scroll to the 'quick reply' area so I hadn't noticed the tags part. That whole quick reply thing isn't enabled due to the way I have my preferences set.

Sorry rabbit, that came out wrong.

On that point, does quick reply even work? I just get redirected to the full system.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I can see this being abused. Lol

Advertisement