Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wanted: Hand Gun

• 20-05-2008 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any handgun retailer in the south east?
    selling a simple hand gun like a revolver.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Do you have a particular type of shooting in mind?

There are a bunch of firearms dealers listed in the wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I think he's selling, so that's fine, but if he's buying, he'll have to do his homework and order from abroad, more than likely, unless he finds a dealer who happens to have a secondhand example of what he's looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Ah ok am not into second hands gun kind dangerous area.

Well, to buy a new gun, you'll need to import it. What sort of shooting do you want to do?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Ah ok am not into second hands gun kind dangerous area.

Not really. Provided you get a second opinion on it from someone who knows their stuff, buying second hand can be a great way of picking up a good quality firearm at a decent price. It wasn't me! picked up a nice target rifle like that.

That said, if you're interested in getting into pistol shooting the best thing to do first is to go and visit a club that does it and see what you think. The members there will be more than happy to show you what it's all about and give you advice on what to buy and what to avoid.

• Advertisement

Oh, and to follow on from what Conor said about buying secondhand guns, a nice feature of the target shooting scene in Ireland is that everyone would at least be familiar with everyone else, so the history of your gun will be well known. I can trace mine happily back to when it was first imported.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

John lambert in Camolin has a good selection of new handguns..
    you may need to ring him before going up dough..

Advertisement