Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeeWun Redux anyone?

• 17-02-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else trying to complete a G1 roster (well all the main characters anyway) using newer figures? Now that Classics are coming back we should be able to make a decent attempt.

So far Ive got:

Autobots
    Beachcomber - repaint of Cybertron Hardtop
    Blurr - Armada Blurr
    Bumblebee - Classic Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper - Classic Cliffjumper
    Hot Rod - Classic Rodimus
    Grimlock - Classic Grimlock
    Huffer - Energon Strongarm
    Inferno - Energon Inferno
    Jazz - Movie Jazz
    Jetfire - Classic Jetfire
    Mirage - Classic Mirage
    Optimus Prime - Classic Voyager Prime
    Ultra Magnus (without armour) - reapint of 2 pack Classic Prime

Decepticons
    Astrotrain - Classic Astrotrain
    Bludgeon - repaint of 2 pack Classic Megatron
    Megatron - Classic Megatron
    Ramjet - Classic Ramjet
    Shockwave - Alternator Shockblast
    Soundwave - Cybertron Soundwave (hope to replace with Titanium)
    Starscream - Classic Starscream
    Vortex - Movie Blackout

Anyone else doing anything similar, any other suggestions to fill in the gaps/improve?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Galvasean wrote: »
    Anyone else trying to complete a G1 roster (well all the main characters anyway) using newer figures? Now that Classics are coming back we should be able to make a decent attempt.

So far Ive got:

Autobots
    Beachcomber - repaint of Cybertron Hardtop
    Blurr - Armada Blurr
    Bumblebee - Classic Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper - Classic Cliffjumper
    Hot Rod - Classic Rodimus
    Grimlock - Classic Grimlock
    Huffer - Energon Strongarm
    Inferno - Energon Inferno
    Jazz - Movie Jazz
    Jetfire - Classic Jetfire
    Mirage - Classic Mirage
    Optimus Prime - Classic Voyager Prime
    Ultra Magnus (without armour) - reapint of 2 pack Classic Prime

Make sure to use the G1 repaint of Jazz. I don't think the movie mould is that great though.

Personally I'm not that fond of ClOptimus. If you want to use that mould, I'd get the much better Takara release, or repaint yours to look like it. Personally I'm holding out for an Ultra Prime with Trailer.

RiD Magnus also makes a good Magnus, the Energon one isn't too bad either.
    Decepticons
    Astrotrain - Classic Astrotrain
    Bludgeon - repaint of 2 pack Classic Megatron
    Megatron - Classic Megatron
    Ramjet - Classic Ramjet
    Shockwave - Alternator Shockblast
    Soundwave - Cybertron Soundwave (hope to replace with Titanium)
    Starscream - Classic Starscream
    Vortex - Movie Blackout

Anyone else doing anything similar, any other suggestions to fill in the gaps/improve?

NO! Use Cybertron Unicron as Bludgeon. It works, trust me. Try to get the "anime" version of Astrotrain too.

For Starscream I'd actually use the Masterpiece - Classics Starscream is tiny. If you want to shake things up a bit - Armada Skywarp and Movie Thundercracker, for some variety.

For Megatron, I'd actually wait until the Animated Leader toy comes out, and repaint it so it looks less cartoonish. ClaMegs isn't bad though. If you were REALLY awesome you'd modify movie Leader Brawl into G2 Megs. Slap a new head and paintjob on him, it could work.

There are some places you can get the movie player Soundwave off eBay. He might make a good classic.

Personally, for Jetfire, I'd be more tempted to find a large transforming Macross Jet in his colour scheme(VF-1 Super I think). The Cybertron repaint isn't bad either. It's annoying he'll be smaller than Powerglide but that's Hasbro for you.

Some good suggestions, although im trying to keep them within a certain size range. I have RiD Magnus but hes far too big, so I picked up the Titanium one.
    Also got movie Thundercracker, but hes going to be modded into Thunderwing.
    Energon Starscream will become Skywarp.

Actually, i am looking out for Cybertron Unicron as Bludgeon's Pretender shell. Classic 2pk Megs can be the inner robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Some good stuff here. Love the idea for the little Unicron as Bludgeon.
    Not sure I agree with Classics Megs. It could just be my dislike for the Figure Coming out.
    I'd be inclinced to say go for the Robotmaster reverse convoy for his tank mode. also make switching his head fairly easy.
    258907270_18e28df6fb.jpg

Nice call for thunderwing. Good Colour choice there too. Shouldn't be too hard to repaint.

Might I suggest cybertron Brimstone as Swoop.
    brimstone1a.jpg
    and Shortround would make a Great Seaspray
    colourguide_Shortround.jpg

Great call on Seaspray, I'll keep an eye open for him!

I'm thinking of giving Classic megs a new paint job, so he actually looks like a gun. I have G2 Archforce (mould Reverse Convoy is based on), he's my 'upgraded Megatron', until Galvatron shows up, then my continuity is screwed. :cool:

I can't wait 'til Animated Swoop shows up, he's replacing energon Swoop in the long run. Did somebody say Masterpiece Grimlock??? *drools*

I'm trying to make Constructicons. So far I've got:

Energon Sledge as Scrapper
    Energon Wideload as Hook
    RiD Wedge (getting a repaint) as Bonecrusher

I'm on the lookout for:

RiD Grimlock as Scavenger
    Energon Demolishor as Longhaul

The only problem is Mixmaster... Anyone know of a good cement truck transformer? That Cybertron one that theyre repainting for Universe is kind of lame..

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention, Im thinking of repainting Cybertron Hot Shot as Springer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Not a bad Choice. It was used by one of the cons a while ago. A nice repaint which captured Springers Get up and Shoot attitude.
    I did like your Target master the other night.

Ah yes RiD Wedge and Armada Astroscope as Scoop and Holepunch respectively. :)

I was thinking with a lick of paint and plenty of TLC RiD Megatron (or better yet Galvatron) could be modded into Hun-Grr. Head swap+ clip the wings and we may have a runner. Hugh disagrees with me but I think we may have a runner.

RiD Galvatron:
    http://www.tfu.info/2001/Decepticon/Galvatron/galvatron.htm

Hun-Grrr:
    http://www.tfu.info/1987/Decepticon/Hun-Grrr/hun-grrr.htm

Two headed dragon alt mode plus dragon tooth feet?

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm trying to make Constructicons. So far I've got:

Energon Sledge as Scrapper
    Energon Wideload as Hook
    RiD Wedge (getting a repaint) as Bonecrusher

I'm on the lookout for:

RiD Grimlock as Scavenger
    Energon Demolishor as Longhaul

The only problem is Mixmaster... Anyone know of a good cement truck transformer? That Cybertron one that theyre repainting for Universe is kind of lame..

Reminds me Ive had some progress on this.

Making Devastator. Changing a few things.
    Cybertron Mudflap as Hook.
    Energon Demolishor as Long Haul (they both form the main body)
    Movie Grindcore as Bonecrusher (also arm)
    Armada Scavenger as Scrapper (also leg)
    using Cybertron Metroplex as the missing bits ie: hands and crotch piece.

Still looking for RiD Grimlock as Scavenger and I'm just gonna get that Universe green cement mixer for Mixmaster

Advertisement