Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Garda Medical

Options
  • 28-04-2008 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way that someone can take the equivilant of a Garda medical before going through the whole long process ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

random wrote: »
    Is there a way that someone can take the equivilant of a Garda medical before going through the whole long process ?

search the thread, find out all the little bits, go to your gp and add any extras that would not be in a normal one and tell him what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is there a copy of their checklist at all?

Is there a copy of their checklist at all?

dunno id say an email to hq would do no harm,i find them helpful and fast (usually)

doesnt seem to be a high failure rate in that amongst the boardies,which perhap suggests that long hours of opinionating(if it is a verb) is good for you!:D

seriouslythough id say any gp willl know what to check
    P.S. i havent done one mmyself but i hear they grap your jewells and ask you to cough:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

An email.. why didn't I think of that? I'll send them one tomorrow and see what the say. Let's hope they're helpful. :)

An email.. why didn't I think of that? I'll send them one tomorrow and see what the say. Let's hope they're helpful. :)

best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭damob1995

At the open day when they show you what the physical test is like do you get a go at doing the beep test or do they just show you the distance of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

damob1995 wrote: »
    At the open day when they show you what the physical test is like do you get a go at doing the beep test or do they just show you the distance of it?

You get to do it up to level 4 I believe.

Advertisement